Nurglez's chaos wips plus completed call of chaos

nurglez

Right I have pledged to paint 3 oblits, and my maulerfiend Cerbi.

Here they are Undercoated. Aim is to get them table top quality quickly, though I would love to paint Cerbi properly needs must biggrin.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/IMAG0607_1_zps3505889c.jpg

I expect to update this tomorrow with being mostly done on them.

Well, I got them to tabletop quality, though not that happy with how Cerbi ended up.

This is them completed to tabletop quality. I would like to go back to them, but I admit this is unlikely, as I don't enjoy painting :(

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0677_1_zps9c75fb26.jpg

Good news is that I also finished off Huron, 20 half painted bloodletters and a herald of khorne on bloodcrusher. and came 2nd (shared third with another officially due to miscounting a kill point game) out of 11 chaos players at throne of skulls.

• 5 weeks later...

Similar to how I did my plague marines, in that I will apply several washes (yes using washes is cheating, so sue me I'm a cheat). I was thinking bluey/purpley but that was as far as I've gotten :D

Aye stole the idea for the herald off something i saw for sale on ebay, simple head swap and he really looks the part I think.

Using washes isn't cheating at all. I've used them to do fur in the past and more recently, marble. You use the paint, washes and any other medium to get the result you want. The Forge World books have them using pencil graphite, oil paints, kleenol and all sorts of stuff. There's no such thing as cheating apart from not doing it yourself but claiming you did.

Try and get some yellow and green in there too. Maybe even applying two next to each other so they mix as they bleed into one another.

Archived