Terra Will Fall - An ancient evil returns

GhostMalone

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Plague_Marine_battle_zps5f24af01.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIITH Company SGT Antarius, Siege Of Terra]

XVIIco, IVth Grand co, Legio XIV

The sound of bolter impacts was deafening, the smell of petroleum and death was in the air. He could taste iron, and it was beautiful it was the nutrient rich iron that only the Astrates produced.

Tyrion stood within the trenches of the South Australasian plateau, in ancient times humanities early ancestors were said to have even abandoned the region due to it's harsh desert like environment, now though you could never tell that this was ever a desert. Mud was churned up and plascrete tank traps were stretched up along the horizon, miles of razor wire meters thick was around and the outlines of ruined fabricator buildings were all that was left of the hab blocks that existed only months ago.

That was until the siege began, the XIVth Legion had come to the throne world.

The Traitors gambit bought them to Holy Terra and the birth world was burning, radioactive detonations from hydro nuclear explosives & lances of pure energy had obliterated the plateau.

The site was transformed into one of many landing sites amongst the Death Guards Forward positions, hundreds of thousands of surfs, cultists, Dark mechanicus & deformed creatures of nightmare spewed forth from the bowels of landers.

Tyrion was in constant pain, the change was corroding his insides and it was unbearable & would have killed a lesser being, he was Death Guard & now he truly was death Incarnate.

++[Master, your presence is needed for the communion. Lord Mortarion has sent forth new orders. The stricken requests you use your talents and help the acolytes break through the wards upon the palace]++

Tyrion was hated even amongst the newest bloated versions of his brothers, though the change and corruption was slowly coming he was still ostracised for being warp touched, even Lothar his closest brother treated him with disdain.

But he could not blame them, he had bought a death sentence to them, under Typhons orders he had murdered their astropaths and left them stranded in the warp. He did this from a misconceived notion of loyalty, he was told that the legion would truly accept his skill set if he did this one thing.

Now they were branded to walk along the path of dusk, they had incurred the Primarchs wrath and now the undying which they were becoming were sentenced to die.

They were the hands of death now and they were no longer the sons of barbarus, they were the scions of Nurgle they truly were the vision of death, they were the outcast the unloved they were sent to die on the walls of Terra whilst those that were still in the primarchs favour gathered at the Spaceport.

Tyrion looked down at his black gauntlets and watched as slowly they changed colour as tiny flecks of rust formed

This will not be the end for me, Terra will fall and I will be redeemed in the eyes of my father & my brothers. I will ensure this wasn't for nothing.

He turned to head towards forward command, and he looked out upon the vastness of the imperial palace, inhaling the scent of blood he licked his lips.

"Terra will fall"

This project will be a joint endeavour on both Furioso-Primes and my behalf. 

this project will focus on the fusion of the 30k legions and what we now know to be the 41st millennium.

in this regard we will be working on the Death Guard legion at Terra as this is where we start to see the corruption of nurgle spread.

we will both be working on the same company, I will be taking the Fast attack and troops of the legion whilst he will be focusing on the Trench Heavy support side of things.

please stay tuned as we bring forth the XIVth in all their glory

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/bff252da-ddd0-4c19-9e05-b70bf558e10a_zpsf70817f3.jpg

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

"I remember my fathers face he was a defeated man who refused to give into the tyrants demand. for that he died his beliefs burnt and I his only son was taken away from the only family I had left, but I refused to give into them."

"but still I endured and the hate grew"

"the angels sons bleed as we used to, now we are hollow shells of the men we used to be brothers"

"We continue on my brothers, the Blood Angels seem to think that they can chip away at us with heavy fire, lets show them what we have become inside."

He turned towards the upcoming section of the imperial palace and watched as the titan legions of the Ember Wolves and Death Spirits laid waste to defences and imperial army troops.

"those poor bastards have no control anymore, but we are no different from them we are slowly dying inside and eventually we will be the living embodiment of death. before this sets in I hope I meet my end here on the throne world."

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/109cadd3-3433-4c4e-81fe-f113b5e24408_zpsd125c2e4.jpg

[Pict Cap; Ist Company, Cpt Typhon, Siege Of Terra]

Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong - these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history. 

The sounds of gurgling agony were all he could here, it was an unearthly sound which was straining his patience, what was happening to those under his care he could not say. Leath was doing everything physically in his power to save his brothers but the rot was spreading to some far quicker than others, he had already lost a number today and it seemed the tide wasn't going to relent. those that fought against it were in agony and were dying internally slowly as if the flesh itself was undergoing a necrosis, those that gave in seemed to almost become immortal.

"Do I tell them to give in or do I watch them slowly die as I try find away to stop this plague."

"Astrates are supposed to be immune to this, we were created to resist sickness, we are the sons of Barbarus we should be able to endure any toxin and chemical known throughout this universe"

the Chiruegon pack switched off, another brother dead and his gene seed destroyed from rampant mutation.

He had seen his brothers change slowly after they exited the warp, but lately it was beginning to pick up pace.

"Father what have you done, what deal did you strike to have us fulfil our oaths to the Warmaster"

He slouched against the makeshift surgical bench and exhaled deeply, he could feel the withering within his body. 

He could no longer stop the spread of the disease in himself let alone his brothers. he felt helpless he felt despair, he felt...... fear.

"Do I give in and die or do I endure and fight"

his body was exhausted, he felt numb, he needed rest but there was no time for rest he was an astrates and this was the fate of humanity that was resting in the balance.

"I can do no more I must rest"

as he let his body start to shut down he realised that it was a mistake, his organs were shutting down but he was powerless to stop it. He gave into the despair and now was paying the price as his power armour deactivated and the radiation from the battlefield drifted into the armours filters. Death would finally come for him and he could rest finally.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/a16462f7-e6a5-464b-8b1d-49783080193e_zps1c0fb154.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIIth Company, Assualt Squad Enkidu, Siege Of Terra]

“To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.”  

The sounds of chainblades were all around him, Numeon was in the midst of a joint counter offensive from the Blood Angels & White Scars.

Volkite beams flew over head and the sound of implosions were enough to tell him they were hitting their mark. Numeon felt alive for the first time since istvaan V, he held his combi bolter and power scythe out taking bolter fire round after round into his corrupted armour, he felt unstoppable and knew he was a chosen warrior and that the Dark gods looked onto him with pride and hope.

the ground was shaking from artillery fire from the walls of the imperial palace, Hell Fire rained down upon the walls from the Thousand sons sorcerers in the midst of the fray. He did not fear this last battle it was foretold that he would ascend to godhood in the shadows of a broken temple & there was no doubt that the palace was a temple. a temple to a False God and a tyrant that tried to shackle man to his dominion.

"I am Coming for You"

"I will kill all in my way, I am to be the Chosen of the Grandfather"

"At his side I will serve and you filth ridden vermin will cry out in agony as I strip your flesh from your bones and claim your souls as feed for my children"

He strode forward into the shadows of the palace walls, a garrison were descending from the ramparts with their jet packs ablaze, he did not fear the false angels as he was a true god the favoured of Nurgle.

He heard the Grandfathers Voice on the Bridge of the Iron Repentance and he saw divinity within the warp.

all he had to do was give it his blessing and he would be delivered, so he forfeited his sole and accepted the power of death, decay and stagnation.

He became a god that day bound within a mortal shell.

and now it was time for him to ascend.

++[With me brothers, Death to the enemies of Mortarion!]++

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/7a5cce38-965d-4927-9332-09145005cea4_zps1883ea0a.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIIth Company, Sgt Vradon, Siege Of Terra]

It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.

She sat upon a broken pillar within the imperial palace, she wasn't alone. No one ever let her travel alone she was special a key of sorts.

and she could help stop this war, her gift was one of foresight and it was stronger than most could ever comprehend.

the sigilite had found her upon the blasted ruins of the zealot world of Pinacisa II, she was but a juve and had no idea of the talent that was at her disposal. she found that her gift was weakening as the hours passed. Terra was a safe haven for her kind but no longer could the sigilite offer her protection.

War had come and there would be no end, this she had foreseen.

The traitors would fail but ultimately they will have succeeded in their goal.

the last time she had dreamt she awoke within the dreamscape to a deamon within her safest haven, it told her the truths of these things and that no matter what she truly believed this was the end one way or another.

Her faith was shaken and she felt that her thoughts were becoming more self centred, her gift was being used for her personal protection rather than helping with the defence of the palace. She knew if others knew her life would be forfeit but she could see nothing for the Imperium no hope no light and in her spite she turned from the vision that was the imperium.

It felt unending like time was moving at half speed, she was just waiting for the deamons promise to come to fruition, that was all she could do.

she looked up at her protectors, they were all yellow clad giants that never used to speak, but they were breaking. whatever mental fortitudes they had it was at their limit.

Auron was the Captains name, he had told her that he would die for her and ensure her safety.

but she knew that what was coming he would hold no protection, for what could protect from death.

she didn't want to see him die the Hero but it was inevitable, her actions had seen to that.

The pact was made and this section of the palace would fall within hours, her actions had cemented the path in stone.
The wheels were cranking, turning, Towards a goal, that's non-existent

"It's nonexistent, but we just keep believing"

Excellent start, jasp, some very nice fluff pieces. I really like the contrasting way that some of the Guard are viewing their corruption as a curse whilst others a benediction, and yet it matters not - one way or the other Nurgle will claim them all. :)Looking forward to seeing what you a furioso cook up for this collaboration. :)

@Prime- got bored brother :D wanted to set up our little project ;)

@Laborious- I was going for that I wanted some to take it under their stride whilst others weren't so sure ;) I wanted contrasting elements for each character.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/24e8ed05-c341-4ccf-8c8e-951e77355afa_zps244a061c.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIIth Company, Siege breaker, Istvaan III]

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

He awoke to the sound of a crackling fire, the aromas of fresh stew were drifting throughout the small room. It was a comforting smell that reminded him of a distant memory that he couldn't quite place into his recollection.

The room was empty save for the corner of the room where there was an old red stained oak cabinet, he felt awkward as their were no openings to the room. No windows, no doors, no cracks from whence light shined.

It was a prison. He could not recollect how he arrived here or for that matter who he was, his hands were scarred from years of labour but he could not tell why he thought of that, his features were gaunt and he was but 14 by Terran standards.

The boy pulled himself off of the makeshift bed and moved closer towards the flickering flames, he inhaled the sweet aroma drifting from the pot. He was starving but could not recall as to when his last meal was. He felt the hunger pains and looked around to make sure no one was present. If he took but a ladle full there would be no harm surely.

He picked up the ladle hanging from the pot and grabbed an old hand carved bowl sitting on top of the mantle. He poured a bowl of the stew making sure to leave the meaty chunks so as to not offend whomever's stew this was.

He licked the bowl clean ensuring not a trace was left and collapsed on the floor in satisfaction. He started to drift off again and he dreamt.

"A giant of a man in baroque armour of ivory Gold and the deepest blood red stood above him, this an had a wild savage hunger in the depths of his eyes, he wanted him dead"

"The sound of thunder and bright sparks of lightning flew around the two locked in close quarter combat. The giant was quick and kept gouging pieces out of the boy, his sword blazed with a deep energy that seemed to shave through his own armour."

"There was a scream, an ear piercing gut wrenching noise and the boy went still, his hands drifted over his torso where he felt his chest had been ripped open and yet there was no blood just a deep black frothing ooze that wept from the cavity. He looked to his side and watched as the Giant walked away looking for another victim, the fire still blazing around his fist and sword"

The boy awoke from this nightmare but found that he was no longer the only occupant.

" it's alright boy calm yourself"

The boy looked at the man draped in cloth, his face wasn't visible but an image was been forced into the boys mind.

"How, who, why are you here?"

"I'm here because you are dying son, I am willing to save you, save us I just need you to accept me there's not much time"

The boy was confused, what did this man mean he was dying, he was here wasn't he.

" I have no time to explain I need your trust now boy, if you wish to die so be it but this is my chance to be free and for you to live and seek revenge"

The boy was scared he didn't want to die but he was confused, there was no physical way that this man entered the room. Let alone a way he could be dying.

"Boy, come over here and open the cabinet look out into the real world with your real eyes"

The boy slowly approached the door , he reached out his hand & pulled the brass handle.

"An apocalyptic sky lit up by cyclonic warheads descending through the atmosphere, the sounds of the war of the end of the universe were all around. Millions of dying screaming voices the smell of charred corpses and gods striding tha battlefield beating, slaughtering and eating helpless victims. The sounds of Deamons and their shrill screeches clawing at his sanity"

He slammed the door shut and looked at the man.

"No that can't be reality, it it it just can't"

The man looked up at him

" this is what the truth is I do not lie, you are dying in that reality this is your limbo, you either let me help you or your soul moves on and becomes the play things of my brothers and I, choose now"

The boy looked at the man, seeing for the first time the face hidden under the hood, it was a decayed thing of strips of flesh and exposed sinew.

"What... What are you"

The corpse man stood up and walked over and stood above the boy.

"I am your salvation"

The boy trembled, piss ran down his legs.

"I....I... Don't want to die"

"Then accept my offer"

The boy nodded his head in agreement.

The corpse started to reanimate flesh re knit itself and the sundered armour closed over the chest cavity. A nightmarish green glow returned to the lenses and the fallen marines body pulled itself up out of the mud.

He grunted with a heavy effort

"I have returned"

He picked up his scythe and turned towards the direction of the bastard scar that had cleaved him in two.

Another Log you'll start then never finish, Jasp? msn-wink.gif

I must say that you have challenged me and I must now prove you wrong, prepare for this my brother I'll be coming for your iron hands!

Yes, The Xth will learn soon enough. The flesh is indeed weak, but CORRUPTION is forever. It Consumes all, even Iron can not escape it's touch.

Archived