Overcoming Airbrush Frustrations

0ldman

Hi all

I wrote a post a while ago about my first stumblings into airbrushing and the various technical problems I overcame and how I did it. 

Since then I've discovered a few more tips and tricks so I thought I'd update my original ramblings with the new info just in case it's of any use to anyone.

Cheers!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, Oldman -- I've bookmarked your web page, and will be coming back to it over the next few months.  I appreciate the effort you've gone to putting that info together, and I'm glad that your new airbrush is working well.

W.

All praise the Neo, the cheap workhorse of introductory airbrusheers* everywhere! Very thorough work, and something I can link to instead of spilling it all out in the next 'How do I airbrush' threads to pop up in the FAQ sub smile.png

Edit- Ah, actually, this is rather old. Guess I could have been doing as such all along :P

*not a typo, but a deliberately cool name. Yes, it is cool. Hush.

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to look in on my "frustrations" post - I'm grateful for the feedback you've all offered. I just hope my ramblings have been of help to some of you!

• 2 months later...

:) Thanks for this post. It's good to see, from time to time, that we all share the same issues. I just started my attemptes into the world of airbrushing and I'm not going to say I will not get angry, upset, nor enraged. I will say that I can see where airbrushing could be more relaxing than brush painting at times.

Honestly, I get more angry at the instructional videos than I do at myself. Condensing years of experience into a three minute verbal message simply leaves me looking at the screen drooling like Khârn with the "nails singing" sometimes.

This is an absolutely fantastic read, 

I had an airbrush, i got rid of it to go back to brush painting (I'm not crazy, i just enjoyed doing everything with a brush way more). This would have been a great read back when i had it. 

albeit, i do employ my buddy to airbrush base coats on large lots. 

Archived