Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

All I can say is thank :cuss: for online tutorials for giving me ideas.

It's been a learning curve but more about getting out of the GW way of painting and trying things. And with EC/ Slaanesh minis you can justify anything really.

There is one major thing I'm not totally happy with and that's the way they sit on the bases with a slight hover. Something to work on with the next mini.

The biggest help though has been you lot and your feedback and own threads so keep it up everyone.

And with EC/ Slaanesh minis you can justify anything really.

QFT!

You are setting very high standards mate...

As are you with your rediculously high level of clean crisp lines and not to mention speed too.

Holy hell! I am so jumping on the next plane to merry ol' England and kidnapping you to enslave you to have you paint my models.

I'm a slow painter...you probably noticed that though.

http://tutofig.com/2013/02/turquoise-stone-tutorial/

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/tutorial-overview.html?m=1

Lots of tutorials on those. Basically, I read a few different ones, looked at a few pics on Google. Then just experimented. It's similar to painting lightning but often follows the same direction. Glazing with the base colour at the end helps make the lines look like they are part of it.

All I recommend is don't follow tutorials to the letter. Get an idea from them and experiment. Don't be scared to try colours you would normally avoid. It's fantasy after all.

Edited by forte

Cheers Barabbas.

Many thanks too chaplainmikey. Have to admit that I've not seen many Kakophoni painted at all. Just the FW ones, yours, a squad on CMoN and the ones Semper is working on. Surely there has to be more being done. Or does the look of the faces and weapons scare people away from painting them?

Holy hell! I am so jumping on the next plane to merry ol' England and kidnapping you to enslave you to have you paint my models.

I'm a slow painter...you probably noticed that though.

I'll make sure you're provided for. We have a spare bedroom (until the mother-in-law moves in *dread*) and the soon-to-be wife is an amazing cook. Better than your bland English fare. ;)

Kansas City is the home of barbaque. The national championships are hosted here. Great barbaque is quite the opposite of bland. KC also has quite a few soul food restraunts and a huge jazz community. I don't get the jazz aspect though... I more of a metal man, myself.

Noone gets jazz. Music where all of the guys playing instruments play different tunes, at the same time? No thanks =)

Anyway - the kakophoni looks great. I really like the way you did the weapons. Looks kinda like marble on some of them.

Noone gets jazz. Music where all of the guys playing instruments play different tunes, at the same time? No thanks =)

Anyway - the kakophoni looks great. I really like the way you did the weapons. Looks kinda like marble on some of them.

That was the plan ;)