Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

I've just got past the theatre part. Don't want to say too much obviously for those who don't know it. It's a very Realm of Chaos style description though which was good to hear.

It looks good so far. One thing, tough. Try to keep the legs a little bent at the knee at least. Even if you want an upright stance, locking out the knees is a bad thing for the human body (says the fysiotherapist wife of mine) and so I figure that the Astartes would always have a small bend to avoid the locking out of the knees. Also, I think it looks kinda silly locked out. Look at the space marines statue of gw as an example. =) 

Also - I love that you are doing both weapon options now. Gonna be great! 

Do you have an mannequin doll? I have a small one that I use to pose in natural looking poses. If I can't figure it out with the doll, I'll make the pose myself and then bend the doll into shape based off that.

My fiancee makes fun of me sometimes because I pose with the mannequin in the bathroom mirror. My usual response is that she does the same thing, but adds a duck face. Her response to that is winging something down the hallway at me. Ah... young love.

I don't have a mannequin but I do have a long mirror. I did make sure the feet are not completely parallel. That only happens in dance and martial arts and feels very unnatural.

med_gallery_29004_9016_6634.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_7479.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_2172.jpg

I do need to extend the thighs at the back before doing the joints. May add some studs too.

This position, I feel, is ok. =) I like it, even though I don't think that I'd want to do legs that were straight. Most of my marines I imagine mid-battle, and then it is quite hard to stard straight for any period of time at all. I think he is gonna look the part, anyway!

Edited by Natanael

This guy has such a distain for others that I can picture him just standing infront of his chosen target as if they were no threat at all. Before killing them and taking their head.

Started the GS work now so letting that cure so I can file the face plate to get nice sharp edges. I'll be able to build the legs up too and attempt a skull face.

As requested. The GS work in progress pics.

Night Lords green stuff: session 1

med_gallery_29004_9016_18961.jpg

Basic face shape built up and fill be filed to shape and to get a better edge.

med_gallery_29004_9016_23041.jpg

The most fiddly bit so far. Just adding a little bit of GS to show how the skull stays on his armour.

med_gallery_29004_9016_15051.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_24069.jpg

Backs of the knees. I do need to extend the upper leg plate down but have to wait till this first part is hardened.

And lastly...

med_gallery_29004_9016_48643.jpg

Youngest kid woke from his nap and I didn't want to waste a large lump of GS so on the base it went. I really need to mix less up at a time.

Well...that's all I have at the moment. Think I've worked out the left and right arms but that'll probably change again. So long as it's sorted by Jan 15th all will be good.

Cheers for stopping by. C&C always welcome. We'll have to raid the Fang at some point for ale and nibbles. Maybe the odd friendly rumble with the natives too :whistling: :oops: :thanks: :thumbsup:

Night Lord HQ session 2

Managed to get a bit of time in this morning to add some more GS.

med_gallery_29004_9016_7564.jpg

Lets start from the top. Filed the face plate to a shape I was happier with and added some plasticard to give a slightly different shape. I did attempt to start a skull on it too but it just wouldn't do what I wanted so quit before the bin gained more filling.

sml_gallery_29004_9016_81136.jpg sml_gallery_29004_9016_100841.jpg

The magnets arrived this morning too (still waiting on the Jump Pack and a blade) so I had to try those too. And yes...I did make the novice mistake of sticking one (the body one) the wrong way round :wallbash:

med_gallery_29004_9016_92.jpg med_gallery_29004_9016_55184.jpg

The legs now need a bit of filing to smooth the GS but I'm pretty happy with the knee joints. The hip however I'm not. It just didn't look right so the groin part has come off and will have a bit of reshaping to make it look less like a nappy and spreading the legs further than they should be. I may end up using the Chaos Marine pouches to cover some of the hip joints too. Can paint these to look like skin (yup...more flayed skin on my minis).

I think I've sussed the weapon options too :woot:

The left arm will have the shoulder glued in place and magnetized at the upper arm with the following options:

1. Pointing lightning claw (if I can reposition three of the fingers that is)
  2. Combi-melta
  3. Power fist
  4. Plasma pistol (though I may not bother with this option)

Right arm will be magnetized at the usual shoulder joint with these options:

1. Paragon blade (with a more Mk4 style pad)
  2. Nostroman chainglave (studded Mk4 pad)
  3. Lightning claw (with a rimmed Chaos shoulder pad but with points removed. Possibly studded)
  4. Burning Brand of Skalathrax (with a rimmed Chaos pad in all it's glory)

Last bit of fun I've had is selecting this little size 0 beauty

med_gallery_29004_9016_738528.jpg

Has a lovely point and this'll be my treat for actually completing a unit for once.

So, thanks for working through my ramblings and thank you to those also posting their own threads. Inspiration comes from everywhere.

Till next time :thanks: :thumbsup:

I think the hemlet looks great. Painting the skull on there seems much more NL-ish then having an actual skull there. With the legs I think you need to make the hip joint thicker. Right now he has a very very wide spread and superthin upper legs, imo. I would place the leg a bit more "under" the groin part, like you said yourself, and then try to beef the hip joint up a bit to make it more realistic.

That's what I think, anyway, but do what you want and keep going. You are an inspiration to the rest of us =)

Neither do I usually. It's seeing what can be done thanks to others which is keeping me going. And all the encouraging comments I've been getting.

I've had to stop listening to 'Angels Exterminatus' and move to more Night Lords stuff. I kept wanting to do so.e crazy Slaanesh stuff. Next I think it will have to be. Maybe a blob of cultists from Witch Elves and Flagellats.

Edited by forte

I hear you brother.

I' m debating with the same tentation (actually the same idea for cultists of Slaneesh), going Nurgle, Nurgle Zombies, converting that with this, doing squats or other races, regular SM, DYI SM...

I can find a point to focus. Thank the 4 gods I' m not tented by 30K but, no being a player doesn't give me a cohesion and that great site reinforce my natural tendencies to ADD.  

BUT IT'S A GREAT WEBSITE, FULL OF TALENTED AND FUNNY GUYS

TONS OF INSPIRATION.

I like it

Edited by Darth Mustard

I hear you brother.

I' m debating with the same tentation (actually the same idea for cultists of Slaneesh), going Nurgle, Nurgle Zombies, converting that with this, doing squats or other races, regular SM, DYI SM...

I can find a point to focus. Thank the 4 gods I' m not tented by 30K but, no being a player doesn't give me a cohesion and that great site reinforce my natural tendencies to ADD.  

BUT IT'S A GREAT WEBSITE, FULL OF TALENTED AND FUNNY GUYS

TONS OF INSPIRATION.

I like it

Good luck keeping away from the 30k stuff. Forge World's minis keep getting better and better.

The Flagellants are very easy to see as Nurgle cultists. Constantly with open wounds to get infected and testing the limits of their own endurance. Different paint job and a few piercings here and there and you have Slaanesh devotees. Happy to cause pain to themselves and any around them in their throes of ecstasy.

The hip joint soft armor looks off to me. Is it supposed to show that much under-armor?

I tore that joint apart. The hip looked dislocated. Update shortly.

Time for an update...

Now I can see it coming together I'm having to try not to rush the parts which still need work so before I can start painting him. No matter how much I want to see it in colour.

Body front and back.

med_gallery_29004_9016_129427.jpg med_gallery_29004_9016_8632.jpg

Plenty of extra pouches and a couple of trophies to try and blend the hip joints a bit. Had to fix one of the foot arches too as it just looked wrong.

Other parts:

med_gallery_29004_9016_559701.jpg

And there's most of the other parts needing work too.

• Lightning Claws - Just need magnets. Don't feel up to repositioning the fingers to make one pointing.
  • Combi-melta - I have added a little piece as the bottom of the grip but that was after taking the pic. Magnet needed.
  • Chainglave - Think this needs a few rivets on the white part.
  • Paragon Blade - Tempted to try and change the wing part to look bat like and need to test fit the arm with the right arms in place to see if it needs a full position change.
  • Burning Brand - I may well be stealing an idea from Disease's 'Disciples of Nurgleth' thread here
  • Shoulder pad (on blu tac) - Studs added. This will be on the Chainglave arm.
  • Right handed power fist - Erm...yeah...not found one I like so may just leave him without one. And it would have to be on the right because of the Combi-melta.

The three backpacks and head (just the one for a change) are all ready for spraying.

I'll sign off there. Thoughts, C&C, chocolate or a free squad of Night Raptors are all welcome. Warhound titan if you really must.

Thanks for you're valuable hobby time as always and watch this space :thanks: :thumbsup:

Edited by forte