Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Yeah. I completely understand the kids. I'm really digging the vambraces by the way. I wanted to do something similar, but with an individual leg. Are you going to make more individualized? I.E., tiger stripes on one, maybe some leopard print on another, and so on?

That's what I want to do with mine. Have a uniform, disciplined look with still a flair for the flamboyant for my DIY warband; something akin to heraldry, but of the eye-bleeding Slaaneshi devotee variety.

Keeping these fairly plain in regards to leopard prints etc. Thinking that they show the start of what becomes noise marines. That and my freehand skills are seriously rusty.

*nod* I'm wanting to use these guys as my default sonic blaster marines. I really don't like how the current sonic blasters look and the kakophoni's blasters look much more assault weapon-esque to me, compared to the current clunky model.

@Semper. Not so much 'multicoloured' weapons but more of a paint them metallic and a colour glaze over the top. Mostly purple I think. I'm experimenting with it. Didn't want to just go black.

@The Nephilim. Forge World have done such a good job with these. I was just about to do a Noise Marine squad when they showed these off. Nearly threw the sonic blasters in the bin lol.

@Dragonlover. Spot on. And backpacks too.

I just looked at them on Forgeworld... 34 quid for 5 is pretty steep. Still, when I get round to my EC, I may have to get a squad. On a separate note, where did you get the trombone pin things?

Dragonlover

Forte, you really did a great job on these models, but I would like to highlight that face color, it is simply fantastic. Hope you will manage to finish those weapons soon so we can see the whole model in all its glory.

Wow, we're totally running out of synonyms for gorgeous.

One thing that really gets me is the helmet-less guy. His face looks gross. Like seriously surgery gone wrong, makes me a little queasy, super gross.

Good job! ^_^

Wow, we're totally running out of synonyms for gorgeous.

One thing that really gets me is the helmet-less guy. His face looks gross. Like seriously surgery gone wrong, makes me a little queasy, super gross.

Good job! ^_^

Just one of the many things the sculptor got right was the bare heads.

Things have been slow again. Many reasons really but less of that. The weapons have had a base and shade but still need highlighting to silver before adding various glazes to alter the colours of different parts. The Kakophoni are so close to completion I can taste it (or maybe that's the tuna sandwich I not long had).

med_gallery_29004_9016_402109.jpg

Slight close up

med_gallery_29004_9016_240902.jpg

And finally a teaser for what's coming next...

sml_gallery_29004_9016_18079.jpg sml_gallery_29004_9016_48534.jpg

More soon and thanks for stopping by. Keep going on your own vows and projects. It's always motivating to see others work :thanks: :thumbsup:

What can I say Forte - the purple is really something... I'm really interested to see the weapons comingto life - you sure chose a unique approach to them. Everythig so clean and well defined...

ENVIOUS!!!

Well...it's only getting worse. Someone suggested some bone on the weapon casings and I mentioned the glazes and then stupidly added "maybe some marble". That's right...I've been looking at various types of marble patterns. Something I've always wanted to try too. Wish me luck.

@nhaunter. Not the first time I've been in midnight clad. But the first in plastic & resin. Last time was with metal Chaos Marines! The first will be the final part of my CoC vow which includes a Chaos Lord. But I'll be aiming it as one of those multipurpose minis which could be 30k or 40k, Praetor or Lord, Champion or HQ. If I really enjoy doing him then I'll be going for a Kill Team (I can already picture one using the Devastator kneeling legs). But I was never happy with the lightning until the more recent fluff mentioned something on the surface of the armour and it got me thinking of plasma balls and treating each plate separately.

But first...these Kakophoni are to be finished and I'm hoping my idea for the weapons works. Fingers crossed for a good painting session tonight.