Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

So well and truly back on topic with this post now that the Kakophoni are now complete. That's half of my Call of Chaos VI wow done.

The Kakophoni of the Emperors Children Legion

med_gallery_29004_9016_387603.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9016_442853.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9016_1220000.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9016_576417.jpg

Can very much admit to being very pleased with them and I can't wait to see others takes on how these monstrous beauties should look.

Part 2 of my Call of Chaos vow

I would never understand the need of other high ranking Astartes to demonstrate their rank and importance with the use of

pomp and embelishment. What use on the field of battle is a cape. Apart from to hinder your movement. A large helm decoration

would only help to show your location to your enemies. Removing your chance at landing an easy, fatal blow. And as for those

who insisted on the use of a large back banner...well. They deserve all they get for their stupidity and self indulgence.

This was the viewpoint of the Nostroman born known as Davial Octiz. Currently holding the position of Praetor of the Night Lords 113th company, or the 'Shadow Talons' as they had been nick named in years past. In his time during the Great Crusade he had built a reputation for a no nonsense approach to warfare. Within the ideals of the Legion of course. A terrified enemy was always the most desired and his high use of Terror Squads was not something that would sit well with those of a less confrontational disposition. Cites he was tasked with targeting would find themselves bombarded with white noise interlaced with the screams of those the Terror Squads had found first during the opening weeks of campaigns. Images of captives being tortured in was I will not describe here being blanketed over all visual broadcast systems. Bodies of those dead or near death being found in places of high prominence, flayed and disembowelled for all to see. He did not care that the methods used would be look down on by other Legions who did not have the heart to truly show what it is to turn from the Imperium. And only once the city was gripped with terror and frightened of their own shadows would the main attack come.

He was present at the Istvaan V Massacre and was with one of his Terror Squads who opened fire on the deluded Loyalist at point blank range. He remembers burying his blade into a Salamanders neck. Twisting the blade till it came off before hurling it towards other Loyalists. It was a hard fight for sure. Not the style of warfare he preferred but the trophies alone made up for the loss of his Paragon Blade and the sheer amount of damage his armour sustained.

As you can guess I'm doing a Night Lords Praetor/ Chaos Lord and aim to be able to use the mini in either game setting. I completely blame the likes of Brother Heinrich, Insane Psychopath and Dan the Deamon (alongside those others currently building Night Lord forces) for this too as I have always had a soft spot for the Legion but never quite felt they worked in the game system until the Horus Heresy stuff from Forge World.

Without more too much more waffle (I'm sure you're please to know). Here's my starting point.

med_gallery_29004_9016_1911019.jpg

Plenty of skulls to work with. Two pairs of legs! Yes, I plan to have him stood up so will be butchering two sets for the parts I need (never done this before). Lots of pouches and grenades as I want him to look like he's prepared. And a fair few weapons because, well, I've not decided what to give him. The helm with be changed to a Mk IV as they look really good with skulls painted on. He's going on foot.

Weapon wise, these are my thoughts:

1. Twin lightning claws. A Lord in 40k cannot take anything extra so will just be those.
  2. Lightning Claw and Combi-melta.
  3. Lightning Claw & Power Fist.
  4. Paragon blade/ Power Sword & Combi-melta.

I have most weapons available 40k wise and am open to ideas. But until that's settled on I will be working on removing anything overly Chaotic and the conversions.

Many thanks for stopping by and please, if you're working on your own minis, please post them in the Work in Progress area for people to see :thanks: :thumbsup:

Holy hell! I am so jumping on the next plane to merry ol' England and kidnapping you to enslave you to have you paint my models.

I'm a slow painter...you probably noticed that though.

I'll make sure you're provided for. We have a spare bedroom (until the mother-in-law moves in *dread*) and the soon-to-be wife is an amazing cook. Better than your bland English fare. :wink:

No chance! I'm in the same city as him .... how hard can it be to find you and steal those Kakophoni? I don't even collect the Emperor's Children and I want them :tongue.:

Seriously, I've only just spotted this thread and I am so impressed! Just brilliant! :thumbsup:

Well..I've started on the next one which for me is a miracle. Now, why I decided I wanted to have this marine with much straighter legs I can only blame on others fantastic models. I'm now toying with the idea of magnetized weapon options.

Here's how far I've got.

med_gallery_29004_9016_1224139.jpg

Thanks always and I'll soon be going into hiding :tu:

@Semper. I think the marble painting may have served as a practice.

Idea:

http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.com.cn/osc/images/Stage_Lightning_Plate.jpg

I'm planning on using the lighting for highlighting too so it'll look a bit different as I want it dark.

It's not that horrible a task. I managed it for a Sevrin Loth from FW

Just a blob of greenstuff to tack in on, then you can sculpt it to look like the supporting structure, just like the GW raptors.

Just make sure all the little lines and hoses in the back connect to something convincing!

And now Forge World release the Night Lords 'Night Raptors' after me drooling over them at the MCM London Comic Con. Complete with Nostroman Chainglave and lots of trophies. That may be my reward for completing my vow.

As done by FW

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/night-raptors3a.jpg

Anyone want to give me an Xmas gift ;)

Edited by forte

Wasn't sure about hacking up legs but it's getting there. Going more for the cold hearted killer look than the disciplined warrior stance with this Night Lord.

med_gallery_29004_9016_77525.jpg

Worst thing is I'm now waiting on magnets, a Sanguinary Guard jump pack (will be leaving the wings off) and one of their swords. So it'll be six arms and three backpacks. All by the Jan 15th...wish me luck.

My head likes to convince me to do things. This ones going to seriously test my modeling.

Started listening to 'Angel Exterminatus' while building that. Not ideal as I want some Slaanesh cultists done from Witch Elves and Fanatics.