Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

^ Seconded. That free hand is badass.

His fleshy flamer is also the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time.

I went back and looked, and all I could think of there is that it's either spewing corrosive puss, or fiery vomit...it also looks like they would pop of you squeezed them...yick

PLease do a water tutorial !!! its some of the best working use of water effect I have ever seen, the little fish the movement around the leg I love it all

Now I'm a little confused as there is no fish (a large hand, human head and arm, a skull, and two metal Nurglings). But no fish.

Also, the slight raising round the legs and other things that break the surface is due to how the resin shrinks slightly as it cures but also has a surface tension like water which can cause raised edges if you don't make your barrier the hight you want your water and slightly overfill.

I do have another water effect planned but it's not for a 40k or GW mini (it's actually a larger scale) but I'm sure a tutorial on the display base won't hurt. It'll also involve using treebark, soil, and Milliput.

^ Seconded. That free hand is badass.

His fleshy flamer is also the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time.

I went back and looked, and all I could think of there is that it's either spewing corrosive puss, or fiery vomit...it also looks like they would pop of you squeezed them...yick

Maybe I should have given them a slight yellowish look too ;)

:sick:

They're fine as they are, let's not make Ace bring up his dinner now.

There's only so much awesome gross Nurgle stuff I can deal with.

Right now I'm just glad your main warband is Slaaneshi.

.... There's a sentence I don't think anyone has ever said before! :blink.: :laugh.:

EDIT:

Typo eradicated with cleansing fire!

Edited by Ace Debonair

EDIT:

Been a while since I've witnessed the war on typos. Glad you got that one before it got away.

it also looks like they would pop of you squeezed them...yick

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/4633/owzoiN.gif

That's precisely why :D

:sick:

They're fine as they are, let's not make Ace bring up his dinner now.

There's only so much awesome gross Nurgle stuff I can deal with.

Right now I'm just glad your main warband is Slaaneshi.

.... There's a sentence I don't think anyone has ever said before! :blink: :lol:

EDIT:

All I can say is...BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

• 4 months later...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/18317562.jpg

Well, kind off...

I have an admittion to make to you...I kind of fell out of love with painting gaming miniatures. Please restrain yourself from calling the Inquisition (they have no power when you do not believe in them, or expect them, unless they're Spanish that is and armed with soft pillws). Since this years ETL I've only painted one GW miniature which I will show once I've take final photos of it. It is a Space Marine. It's not Chaos. And you certainly won't be expecting the way it looks and the scene it is set in, but I'll explain all when I post it.

Now...what I have been doing is trying to learn more and push myself more. Both with painting but also with basing. Now obviously from what I have said already, they are not B&C friendly miniatures but, there are things I have learned this year which could be of use with B&C members. Things like basing and some painting techniques. Here's a few examples of what I've done (with out pics due to subjects):

• Alien slime drip using a small hair, super glue, and gloss varnish
  • Building a display base using tree bark, miliput, and many various sands/soils/etc.
  • Making a rocky base using cured miliput.
  • Creating magic like effect on a base.

I also have a display base planned for the classic metal Archaon miniature which will involve using a plinth, water effect resin, miliput, an wire to create a Chaos Wastes theme.

So my question is:

• Would you like me to post basing details as I build my projects (without the miniatures) and is there anything you would like to know more about?

Thank you for reading my waffle and hope to post something of more use soon :thanks::thumbsup:

http://americablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-spanish-inquisition.jpg

DIDN'T EXPECT THAT DID YOU?

Sorry to hear that mate - I still secretly hope you'll return to the hobby at some point soon...

Regarding the tutorials, we look forward for them provided they are on B&C friendly minis. Like saliva dripping from the mouth of a Bloothirster? Now this is a mini worth doing regardless of the gaming context! :wink:

Edited by Captain Semper

Magic effects on bases, or wherever, would be very useful to some of the heretics here. Since Chaos followers (who worship the wrong gods) utilize plenty of magic I think there would be plenty of interest in that. I'd love to see that, even if I never end up using it.

Magic effects on bases, or wherever, would be very useful to some of the heretics here. Since Chaos followers (who worship the wrong gods) utilize plenty of magic I think there would be plenty of interest in that. I'd love to see that, even if I never end up using it.

It's actually easier than it sounds. Just need patients and maybe super glue accelerant.

I'll say too that none of these things are likely to be my own initial ideas but will be how I abbly them. If there is a tutorial or article that I got the idea from I'll be sure to link that too.

Righty-o then, lets begin with a couple of bits to give an idea of what I've been up to.

First up is my finished piece for Project Bartels which is basically a gift for Michael Bartels from Painting Buddha.

med_gallery_29004_6198_705712.jpg med_gallery_29004_6198_499961.jpg

med_gallery_29004_6198_108930.jpg med_gallery_29004_6198_198472.jpg

As you may have noticed it's not your standard Marine piece and definately isn't for gaming. The brief story:

Astartes Crowe from the Blurple first company found himself in a strange and well lit land. It wasn't long before he was greated and welcomed to Buddhaland by the mysterious Bartelsbear, a strange mix of huggable teddybear and a friendly bald family member who sported an impressive beard. It was also strange that this particular teddy didn't stand on the ground but seemed to always be on and orange brick road wherever he decided to walk. He also bore a 'loaded brush', less a weapon and more a mystical device tipped with a dot of white.

Their journey to the heart of Buddhaland began and Crowe saw many wonderous things which seemed to look more impressive the longer he stayed on the orange brick road in the company of Bartelsbear. Now and the he could sware he could see a cat with a huge smile. Now this was obviously not a normal cat at is was armour brown with dark sea blue stripes. Bartelsbear refered to it as the Kometscat who would often apear to give advice and encouragement (often with a ruler tapping you on the head) and appartently was the creator of the 'Loaded Brush'.

Now for some reason Crowe would often spot a small turquoise rocking-rhino looking on and seeming to be trying to gain some of this knowledge that was imparted to him. It also dawned on him that everytime he spotted a signpost that he was always forty-two miles but whenever he asked the bear would just reply with "you know nothing Jack Crowe".

And so their journey continues in Buddhaland.

So that is that one.

Right, bases then. Here's one I made earlier. Still unfinished as I'm aiming for competition standard with it. The model to go on it is about dreadnought size so you can get a rough idea of the size of it.

med_gallery_29004_11558_276372.jpg med_gallery_29004_11558_316567.jpg

med_gallery_29004_11558_8989.jpg med_gallery_29004_11558_262472.jpg

These are the parts used to construct this:

• Plinth base with a small wood block glued on
  • Tree bark (this forms the part you can see on the top which looks like rock)
  • Miliput to build up the shape and bulk under the bark
  • Various stones and slate pressed into the Miliput
  • Varying sizes of sand, gravel, and soil for texture
  • Mininatur grass and moss tusts
  • Mushrooms made from (yup...more) miliput
  • Tree roots
  • Basil (the herb) for a little foilage.

I still have more painting to do to increase the light and dark contrast and also these to add:

• Scale mode leaves
  • Mininatur ivy
  • Various coloured pigment powders

That is obviously a larger piece but I am still working on small stuff too, like this...

med_gallery_29004_11558_238042.jpg med_gallery_29004_11558_59033.jpg

med_gallery_29004_11558_141577.jpg med_gallery_29004_11558_228782.jpg

This was much more straight forward but is for a small mini to make it look like it it levatating a few rocks and the canister (a marine melta bomb with the handle removed). Here's what was used.

1. Miliput which I had previously rolled flat between some folded baking paper the pressed a rough stone into the top side to give it a rough texture. This I did quite a while back and was in with my basing bits. I put the flat putty into a jiffy bag and gave it a few taps with a hammer to break it into bits. These I selected parts that looked interesting and superglued them to the base (square GW 25mm one).
  2. I then built up the small raised parts using some tiny parts of the broken Miliput. I wish I had glue accelerator for this part to really get them stuck in some positions that wouldn't normally be possible. Then stuck the melta bomb in place on the top.
  3. Carefully added PVA to the areas between and sprinkled fine sand all over and tapped of any excess.
  4. Dirlled a hole for the pin in the miniatures foot.
  5. Job done :tu:

Just a small example of a quick and fun base which I have a few more to do of different types (urban road, inside a home, wasteland, and paved pathway). Hopefully I'll remember to take wip pick.

I hope that gave a few ideas or even just helped you get motivated to try something extra with your gaming bases :thanks::thumbsup: