Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Awesome!

Dude, that rock plinth is unreal.

Still a long way to go with it. This is what it all looks like together here.

Got much more planned for Archaon when I get to that.

A bald bearded bear... Thats pretty much what my ex calls me. Well it was until she slipped fat into the description lol. Ahh may barbarians invade her personal space...

I feel like im keeping a top secret secret as i know what these bases will be used for :lol: now ive seen the one with the melta bomb on close i can see what your goin for a bit better, gonna look good when finished.

I feel like im keeping a top secret secret as i know what these bases will be used for :lol: now ive seen the one with the melta bomb on close i can see what your goin for a bit better, gonna look good when finished.

It's a shame I can't post the full piece here, but like you know, there is more to come. I just really need to remember to take wip pics. I just start to enjoy it and keep gluing stuff once I get going lol. Maybe I should try and sort something our with a camera on a tripod just set to take pics at intervals and edit from there.

Theres a link in his sig i think. Not sure if hes updated with the new stuff yet.

I need to update that link as I've not really been using Blogspot.

Search for Forté Nocturnus on Facebook as I have a page which I post most stuff to.

Post-ETL Burnout always gets me, too. :laugh.:

Those bases are looking pretty nifty, though! :biggrin.:

If only it was just that. But the hobby continues which is the main thing.

• 5 months later...

Well, after all this time I've been drawn in to try and add a few points to the Chaos faction (like it would be any other) for this year's ETL.

I've decided that due to other painting commitments which aren't in the B&C area that I should be able to get the Kranen mini painted though obviously it'll be a Slaanesh take on him.

Step 1 is done. Mould lines cleaned, gun barrel drilled, dry fit, etc. So now it's my usual step 2...basing. I always base at the building stage as it helps me to picture the scene as I paint.

Ok, he's cleaned up so my questions are...

Where and who is he fighting?

And

Do I base for gaming or display?

med_gallery_29004_12090_224574.jpg

Cheers for looking and burn all loyalists :tu:

Edit: To remove the star from his cloak, or not? That is another question!

Always enjoyed your work, Forté, and always found your comments encouraging and beneficial back when I was working on my Sons of Tyr log regularly. Can understand getting fed up of gaming miniatures for sure but hope you'll still spend some time around B&C, as this latest update suggests ;) It's always great to see your work and I personally would be very interested if you did get more into making tutorials, I'd follow them for sure.

Edited by Brother-Captain Arkhan

Many thanks Arkhan. I'll try and document things more. Especially basing when I do that, though I've been busy painting busts of late so no basing or 40k stuff to report on here with those sadly.

I do always pop in on B&C. See what's going on and comment now and then. Have been slack on that though I'll admit.

Well well well look what the cat dragged in . :)

Welcome back!

Cheers you two :tu:

Had an idea for the base too. Thinking inside some Imperial building from a wall breach. Marble floor but debris and dust from the wall.

Wall breach would be cool. Would you be open to doing a gaming base that slots into a larger wall breach display with not-kranon and some chosen (perhaps the rest would come further down the road of course).

As for the chaos star, could you modify it into a slaanesh icon?

Wall breach would be cool. Would you be open to doing a gaming base that slots into a larger wall breach display with not-kranon and some chosen (perhaps the rest would come further down the road of course).

As for the chaos star, could you modify it into a slaanesh icon?

I've not done a gaming into display before so that would be a new challenge for me. OK, I'll give that a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to have you back in the fold, Froté. Teet's idea sounds really good. Are you going to put not-Kranon on a 32mm base and intgrate the base into the display?

Would do a 32mm but trying to figure out exactly how to go about it. But as my other pieces are done I suppose I can give it a go.

Right then..I've started on the base which was a bit messy with the Miliput and lip balm. And no, I didn't Miliput my lips. I used the balm as a barrier to stop the putty sticking to the 32mm base which I blutac tacked in place.

med_gallery_29004_12090_1188473.jpg

I swapped out the superfine for standard as it felt too firm. Likely getting a bit old so binned it.

med_gallery_29004_12090_1756866.jpg

As you can see, the basic shape for the base to slot into is there. But I have a lot of trimming and sanding to do once it is all cured to get a smooth finish to then base on. That's when the fun will happen.

Till then, cheers for looking and I hope your Chaos vows are going well ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi.

It's been a while I know. But after seeing a few old names chatting due to a certain few Slaanesh releases and a certain person (Insane Psychopath) saying something along the lines of "hobby challenge for old times sake". I may be planning on hacking up a push fit Primaris and making an updated Divine Flayer. It won't be for gaming but I suppose should be game legal. Which is where you lot could help.

This is the figure I'll butcher but am looking for weapon suggestions.

01.jpg

So I'm open to ideas for weapon combos.

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone is well.