Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Well...progress has slowed. Partly due to a two year old not sleeping properly. Got to love blocked noses.

Anyway. Flesh tabards are done. Not too sure on the colour and tempted to add some dried blood to the back and edges of them. The black plates are also done and I'm happy with how the turquoise highlights turned out.

The gold has had it's first layer of Burnished Gold/Scorched Brown/Chaos Black and needs a load more work. I think the faces need to be after too. Much paler than the tabards. More Elf Flesh/Skull White as the main tone.

med_gallery_29004_9016_1779.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_38544.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9016_52801.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_41865.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Nice seeing so many EC threads lately too. Thoughts, C&C, chocolate, PS4 console all greatly received :thanks: :thumbsup:

These are turning out very well indeed! Beautiful purple and the pastels really underline the chaos feel! Can't wait for the gold!

Very high skill there forte, nice change of avatar too! ;)

Edit: I'm a bit scared of the Cacophony - the weapon... I'll be interested in your take when you do them... :unsure:

Edited by Captain Semper

I'm a bit scared of the Cacophony - the weapon... I'll be interested in your take when you do them... :unsure:

I know what you mean. That's why I'm leaving those till last. May go with black for the main part but with different colour highlights. May have to go with metallics for the other parts though.

Hello there Forte. Just wanted to say that your purple is great dont change anything, but in my humble opinion skin tabard could be more lighter tone and definitely add some nice blood splatter (seeing your skills I know that you are more than capable to do that).

P.S. If your child has some problems with blocked nose try this thing http://smallnotebook.org/2010/03/31/the-essential-baby-item-you-dont-see-on-the-lists/ it has done wonders for my kid. It looks maybe "scary" but amount of slime it manages to take out is "amazing2, no more sleepless nights.

P.S. sorry mods for linking this page I am not in any way connected with manufacturer of that thing just wanted to help fellow bolterian and parent.

@nhaunter. Been using one of those suckers (pun fully intended) for a while. Problem is, the two year old in question is a bit of a major wriggler and stronger than he should be (has a good punch too as his five year old brother often finds out) but thanks for the tip :tu:

Paint wise. That's what I thought with the flesh being too dark. I added a bit of blue and purple to the final glazes and left too much of the shades showing. Maybe a few lighter glazes may lighten the whole thing without losing the colours. Blood wise, I may have to do a little research into dried blood. Maybe ask the Mrs (she's studying forensic science and currently doing blood spatter analysis. Bonus).

Yep those little persons ARE stronger then you think when there is something they dont want to do :D.

As for the blood you dont have any problems with that just ask your Mrs. to bring you some :D. When I am painting ripped skin or old skin I usually start with light green undercoat, it gives that sick, bloodless hue.

Just did some research. The Ed Gein crime scene stuff has given me some ideas painting wise. If I was doing older dead flesh like zombies then I use more of a green tinge. This is fresher stuff and doesn't have the rest of the body to rot so much (can't believe I'm thinking like this for painting minis) and without so many veins and arteries there is less spatter than you'd think. Did get some idea for the back parts though which aren't pretty.

@Telencephalon. Thank you and glad you like the purple. More than happy to share too. I use old GW colours so you may need to find equivalents.

1. Black primer.

2. Liche Purple (it's a little darker than the current purple GW uses) with Chaos Black. Approx 3/1 or whatever looks good to you.

3. Wash with slightly thinned Leviathan Purple Wash.

4. Add some Badab Black wash to the thinned Laviathan Purple wash and work it into the darkest areas and between plates.

5. Highlight the plates with the original base colour. I look from above and rotate the mini to see where the light would hit.

6. Repeat step 5 but with pure Leviathan Purple and leaving some of the last colour near the shadows.

7. Edge highlight with Leviathan Purple and Shadow Grey. Start with about 5/1 and work on the edges where light would catch.

8. Continue to add more Shadow Grey to the mix and making smaller highlights aiming towards the tops and corners of plates. Keep going till you're happy with it.

Two things I do recommend are looking up Zenithal Highlightling and Wet Pallets. Massive Voodoo is a wonderful site for painting tips so give them a look. And please post pics on B&C for all to see. I find that seeing others work makes me want to improve and constructive criticism and ideas from others really helps too.

Wow. Thank you for the comments. It's helping me stay focused on these and stop looking at the next project. Which is why there are so many of us with unfinished minis.

@Sith'ari. Many thanks. I have been thinking more on the flesh today (amazing the things that take priority in the mind really) and where the weapons will be infront I will be leaving it as is shade wise. The back parts will be worked on to make them a bit less smooth and more gruesome after seeing the inside of Ed Gein's (the guy Texas Chainsaw Massacre was based on) death mask. And a little dried blood toward the bottom and edges.

Hopefully I'll be with it enough tonight once the kids pass out to get the ol brushes wet again.

@Flint13. I'm still confused with the whole Wolves thing though. I don't remember running with you at all. Bit more than halfway now thanks to getting the gold done tonight. And may I say...I hate painting gold.

Oh I get it! Haha, I made an educated guess that your "primary" chapter was the Wolves based on the Chapter name under your avatar :sweat:

Let me know how the golds go. I can't stand painting metallics much either.

Your purples are literally deliciously blendy smooth. Apropos for Slaanesh I suppose 

Edited by Flint13

I try and paint Marines as smooth as I can. Unless it's Nurgle that is. Then you throw that out the window and get dirty.

The gold went on ok but I'll decide if I'm happy with it when daylight shows me what I did. I know I still don't like using gold paint. Other metallics are fine though.

Finally finished...the bodies. Just the weapons left and I'll have completed the first part of my Call to Chaos vow.

med_gallery_29004_9016_14347.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9016_60908.jpg

Should have these done in the next few days fingers crossed. Been trying not to get distracted with everyone's fantastic Night Lords threads so I'll give in after and do the VII Legion Praetor/ Chaos Lord which keeps stalking me.

Thanks as always for all comments and taking the time to look over my minis :thanks: :woot: :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see these fully painted.

And The Nephilim speaks. No pressure at all now.

Do I really have that much of reputation? I know I lurk now more than I used to, but I am still around.

Those are gorgeous, even this early. I favorited your purple paint to see if I can do something similar when I finally have the time. My new job takes way too much of my personal time.