We Are Legion

Daemon2027

Even once the beast is dead, the venom of the Hydra remains - The creatures of Terra's past, M28

The emperor is a genius, and a fool. He saw that humanities was at its strongest when it had a violent purpose, with a fight to pursue. It makes us strong, kills the weak, and bonds us together in a brotherhood peace never could. The Emperors Great Crusade is the crucible in which humanity has grown. But what will happen once the war has won. Does the Emperor not realise that we, as a race, will grow soft, and fat, and weak, ripe to be destroyed by those we call defeated. The only option, once the last of the galaxy is under the flag of the Imperium, is to fight one another, and we could stayed on Terra for that. - Accredited to the censured Remembrancer Christoph Alexandreous.

Hey guys.

I have once again been drawn back to the fold of the XXth legion. I can not seem to leave them alone, any mention of the Alpha Legion in Massacre brought squeals of glee. Mentions of the Iron Warriors did not receive such a response. So I have decided to go back to the start, a return to the idea that I had when I first joined this board 14 months ago. Work on this will slow, but I hope to show you all my idea of the XXth legion, and their auxiliaries.

My grand vision is to end up with a large force of Alpha Legions, Imperial Army, Mechanicum, and a random selction of Rememembrancers, and I will just build what I feel like, but to start myself off I will be building the initial recon harrow, a Sicaran Battle Tank (as I have one and its awesome), and some Mechanicum (same reason as the Sicaran).

To start with though here is the early work on a Vigilator. Initially I wanted to give him scout armour but I just couldn't get it looking how I wanted, so I plumped for trusty Mark IV (the strapping on the legs is rough, waiting for it dry before evening it out):

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3776/10788083714_ebffc1b9d7.jpg

Untitled

And here is a shot of everything so far:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/10787655983_0a2727401e.jpg

Untitled

The marine in the middle will be a recon marine (yes I have rather butchered the legs, nothing that cant be fixed). The Imperial Army guy (Geno 39, Lernean drop troops) is a test to see if the bits I want to use go together (and a good indicator for hight), and the Thallax is boringly out of the box and as Forge World Intended,.

Thanks for looking.

Great work! Looking forward to following this thread, I see I might pick some stuff for my AL!
Hmm,those thalax look rather nice, do you think that they could proxy centurions? If I ever use centurions, I would rather have thalax represent them, especially in pre heresy look.

Wow a pre/heresy era alpha legion thread? How the :cuss doesn't this have more comments and views? Phenomenal start brother, really liking the head wrap for the one marine; something I'd expect from a sci if "operator" and I'm shocked I haven't seen it until now. Is he carrying one of those new seeker bolters?

God sakes brother build me a mini!

They are amazing

I tried PM'ing you bro, think your box is full. Is there a certain spot you need filling in your WE's?

I like the wrap for the Marine you are working on...

it just works

That legionnaire looks off to a promising start!

These are a great looking new start to your Alpha Legion. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Wow a pre/heresy era alpha legion thread? How the :cuss doesn't this have more comments and views? Phenomenal start brother, really liking the head wrap for the one marine; something I'd expect from a sci if "operator" and I'm shocked I haven't seen it until now. Is he carrying one of those new seeker bolters?

Awesome. I am Alpharius =)

Thanks guys. The shemagh was a pain to do but it just felt right. I plan to have them on my recon marines to although they will not all be worn the same way. He does have a seeker bolter, I may extend the barrel to represent the fact he has the sniper rule.

Great work! Looking forward to following this thread, I see I might pick some stuff for my AL!

Hmm,those thalax look rather nice, do you think that they could proxy centurions? If I ever use centurions, I would rather have thalax represent them, especially in pre heresy look.

Tbh I have not even read my Codex:Space Marine (70 quid well spent!) and have very little idea about the centurions, so not sure how well they match up WYSIWYG wise. Hope fully we will se a weapons pack for the Thallax soon.

Now are you sure you're sure? No more deviations?Good.... then kutgw, and get the paint out!!!! :P

I need to get working on something to take on your Dark Angels. Also you work on the First, I work on the Last, then we can see which Legion is the best.

This will be awesome. I'm leaning towards the XXth as well. I will be watching you from the shadows brother. Sculpt well.

Thanks mate. Would love to see you do some Alpha Legion, the ones in your Night Lord army were fantastic.

No work done tonight, wife was unhappy with the amount of time I spent modelling last night, plus I have an essay to write, but hopefully will get a little don't tomorrow.

Fantastic start, mate! I'm glad to see you return to your true calling, as properly done Alphas are a thing of beauty; I am sure you will deliver. The Vigilator is looking really good so far, his pose is brilliant! :)

Cheers mate. Your Emperors Children are real push for me to get models painted.

Welcome back from your undercover mission! ;)

Full debrief uploaded to the Alpha :)

Love your models, Demon :). Also love that awesome remembrancer quote! I'll be gene-screening all of my RG in light of this new threat ;)

Thanks dude. I may have to have a turned Raven Guard in my army. Or maybe he got of Deliverance. Also the Vigilator will have a reference to my favourite Loyalists.

Oh man, great things shall come of this log. Looking forward to some more models here Demon2027! Your work so far is stellar!

Thanks mate :)

Citizens of Saranois Secundus. The Emperor is dead. The Warmaster is Dead. Sanguinius will soon follow them. Dorn is missing. Guilliman has turned his back on the Imperium. There is no hope for this Empire. We must forge a new. But there is one who will help us. The youngest of the former Emperors sons will aid us in these uncertain times. The Sons of the Hydra will make us strong. - reported broadcast on Learanis City, just before the planet seceded from the Empire.

A little more work on the Vigilator. Not sure if the camocloack takes something away from the model. May be the angle of the picture though. A head will help obviously...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2842/10827295194_c880bf703c.jpg

The posing looks really good, Demon, nothing looks out of place. I think that the Camo-cloak looks good from that view, but If you think it takes away from the model, try either showing a little more of the shoulder pads or making the shape of them under the cloak more obvious. :)

Thanks everyone. I think it's the angle of the pic , making the pose look a bit funny.

Halifax: I want the cloak to mainly cover the shoulder pads so it's covering any legion signifier. The plan is to leave the armour plain, hence all the extras to make it look more special.

Kizzdougs: join the Legion, we are many and one.

Jaspcat: Scarf? He is not some Emperor Children dandy out for an even stroll :D Its a shemagh, a practice picked up by the XXth legion on Nurth. Your moritat is getting a scarf now... :P

NightHunter: I would love to see some more of your Alpha Legion, they were really nice.

Archived