Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inquisitor ally fluffy?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Theduke08

Theduke08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

Hey Brothers what do you guys think about having an allied inquisitor with my Sons of Medusa?  Ive read a lot of the fluff regarding the Sons of Medusa and i know that their relationship with Mars is strained to say the least but what about their relationship with the inquisition? I thought that maybe a Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor who tags along with them looking to recover tech from traitor and renegade chapters that the Sons of Medusa are so fond of chasing down.  I figured that with the new inquisitor codex coming out this weekend that i could maybe have a very tech heavy inquisitor with some stormtroopers as a possible addition to my army.  Any thoughts?

Bannus

Bannus

++PRAETOR BELLUM++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 12,813 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands

Considering their cult beliefs are still very much in like with the AM (Moirae version that is) and have the Iron Hands as a primogenitor - I suspect that the SoM would tolerate working with the =][= for short periods of time at best.

IRON HANDS LEGION OF THE DAMNED

Remember that during a zombie apocalypse, you don't have to out-
run the zombies....just the guy next to you.
Posted Image

hallodx

hallodx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 659 posts

I think due to the infamous reputation of Inquisition, only a few chapters like crimson fist would be willing to work with them (or maybe it's "for" not "with") Marines still work with them tho, so that they won't be sentenced heretic.

"Let your rapidity be that of the Wind, 

your compactness that of the Forest.

In raiding and plundering be like the Fire,

immobility be like the Mountain."

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

I could see an Inquisitor tagging along to check on the SoM though. After all, they *did* start out as heretics of a sort, even if they werent enemies of the Imperium... so I wouldnt see it as the SoM working with, or even for, an Inquisitor, but rather under the supervision of one. Same goes for most other chapters with somewhat deviant beliefs (Black Dragons come to mind, though theyre obviously far more extreme than the SoM)

Surrender_Monkey

Surrender_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 442 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Fists

The thing about the inquisition is that they are not a united organisation, there are many factions with different goals and who approach problems in radically different ways. The ends always justify the means.

With this in mind I think you can always find an inquisitor with whom the Iron Hands might co-operate, even though they do not see eye to eye with the Inquisition at large. Your best bet is probably Ordo Xenos, you could write something along the lines of trying to acquire or destroy some Xenos tech, something that requires the Iron Hands' particular expertise and which they would be interested in accomplishing.

Malus Trux

Malus Trux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts

^^This is what would best sum up the Inquisition. There are plenty of Inquisitors that the Iron Hands wouldn't work with but there are some they would as long as their interests align. All three major Ordos would have a reason to work with a clan company. Hereticus? I see more than a few Puritans approving of the handling of Contqual. Heck Malleus would probably use it as a text book example for dealing with collaborative planets. Xenos? Technology may be at stake, for either Puritan or Radical reasons. Of course they could just want purging buddies. Malleus? Raukaan sees Space Marines as being the only true answer to the neverborn plus what Iron Hand wouldn't want a crack at a Chaos Marine?

Repent! For tomorrow you die! For the Khan and the Emperor For Russ! For the Wolftime!

Fear our name, for it is vengeance Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war The Flesh Is Weak

We March for Macragge By the Blood Of Sanguinius Victorus aut Mortis

I have a lot of sympathy for the Mantis Warriors. They've had to endure some of the worst events in WH40k. The Badab War, the Tyranid incursions, C.S. Goto. The worst.

BassWave

BassWave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legiones Astartes X
I can't wait to see the new inquisitor rules to see of I can make a counts as tech magos.
  • Malovence likes this

Malovence

Malovence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands, SoB, DE

I can't wait to see the new inquisitor rules to see of I can make a counts as tech magos.

I'm the same. I personally don't use allies for any of my armies, but having the chance to possibly have a count as tech magos is something that I will buy into.

Regarding allying with the Inquisition, I can see it happening if they had similar interests but it would be hard at best, I think neither would relish working with the other but would do it for the sake sake of a specific goal/job but once it's done that's it.

Dobermann

Dobermann

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

or just use the Tech Magos from the Book II Massacre.

I spent all yesterday in reading the Mechanicus section. It's awesome! teehee.gif

Iron Handsarmy blog

Malovence

Malovence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

or just use the Tech Magos from the Book II Massacre.
I spent all yesterday in reading the Mechanicus section. It's awesome! :teehee:

I wish I'd be able to do that. But unfortunately £70 for a book I'd never be able to use isn't happening.

Malus Trux

Malus Trux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts

Also seeing that its 30k you can't take him in a 40k army i.e. Codex: Space Marines.

Repent! For tomorrow you die! For the Khan and the Emperor For Russ! For the Wolftime!

Fear our name, for it is vengeance Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war The Flesh Is Weak

I have a lot of sympathy for the Mantis Warriors. They've had to endure some of the worst events in WH40k. The Badab War, the Tyranid incursions, C.S. Goto. The worst.

Malovence

Malovence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

Also seeing that its 30k you can't take him in a 40k army i.e. Codex: Space Marines.

I thought the 30k stuff could be used in 40k it's just very ill advised because it's only balanced against itself not 40k?

Dobermann

Dobermann

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

in my club we are all friends, when I come and say I use FW MEchanicus rules, no one will say no. 

I don't think Mechanicus changed much in its organization since the crusade...

Iron Handsarmy blog

BassWave

BassWave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
It certainly has changed technology wise. All the good tech was taken by the fabricator general when he turned traitor. Also, Malus Trux raises another good point. And finally, I do plan to eventually have a 30k admech army, but that is a ways away. So dabbling with the inquisitor rules is a nice way of including more martian presence in my army. Best part, if the rumors are true, I won't even have to ally.

Deus Ex Ferrum

Deus Ex Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,079 posts

A propos of the side discussion. . . as much as it pains me, I've decided not to make a 30K Iron Hands army.  Soooo tempting, but there's not enough variation in the color schemes and model choices to convince the artistic side of me to want to do it.  We'll have to see how the 30K Alpha Legion rules turn out, I suppose. . .

DXFSignatureStrip.jpg

Disclaimer: As far as I'm concerned, post-Heresy fluff for the Iron Hands begins with Index Astartes III: Hand of Justice and ends with Space Marine Battles: Wrath of Iron.  Whoever wrote the Raukaan supplement can die in a fire.

This is my mod voice.  Call of Chaos WIP Thread.

Malus Trux

Malus Trux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts

FW has said its ok to play 30k vs 40k even if the two aren't balanced against each other but they've never said its ok for one to take allies from the other. The allies charts are mutually exclusive.

Dobermann

Dobermann

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

I understand your point. And they are mine with all the legion list from HH books.

But I ' m considering allying my IH with Ad Mechanicus, and there is no 40K Ad Mech list.

Therefore I 'm looking to the only official published as a reference point.

@ Deus Ex Ferrum. I plan to expand my 40K IH with HH models , and slowly turning it to be 30K compatible. 
Maybe you could try it too. 

Iron Handsarmy blog

Deus Ex Ferrum

Deus Ex Ferrum

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,079 posts

Eh.  I have to admit that I'm getting a little bored of painting black, though, too.  My Eldar are black and red and gold, my Iron Hands are black and white and silver. . . my Alpha Legion is blue and green and silver, so it makes for a nice change.

DXFSignatureStrip.jpg

Disclaimer: As far as I'm concerned, post-Heresy fluff for the Iron Hands begins with Index Astartes III: Hand of Justice and ends with Space Marine Battles: Wrath of Iron.  Whoever wrote the Raukaan supplement can die in a fire.

Dobermann

Dobermann

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

eh eh, I understand. 
I also had to take a one year pause after painting only black marines.
Only now I am ready to go back to my beloved army.  

Anyway going from black marines to dark blu marines isn't a big step sweat.gif

Iron Handsarmy blog

BassWave

BassWave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
@DEF- well, you could paint brazen claws ;) :P

Deus Ex Ferrum

Deus Ex Ferrum

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,079 posts

@DEF- well, you could paint brazen claws msn-wink.giftongue.png

I hate you and all that you stand for!

...ahem.  Sorry.  I tried it, actually.  And Howling Griffons too.  Quartered patterns just don't work out for me.

DXFSignatureStrip.jpg

BassWave

BassWave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts

Hahaha! Fair enough, just trying to keep your allegiances straight is all :P

Theduke08

Theduke08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts

Im thinking about adding a Xenos inquisitor with psyoculum to a unit of devastators with either missile launchers or plasma cannons to deal with the influx of bugs next month.  That BS10 on templates against an army with numerous psykers could be brutal.  Plus give him a power from divination and youve got a pretty nasty long range unit all together.  Any thoughts?

Urza

Urza

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 788 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands (Heresy-Era)

There is mention in the new Inquisition Supplement of an Ordo Machinum:

The Ordo Machinum is an Ordo of the Inquisition. Overseeing the Adeptus Mechanicus, they are primarily concerned with the reintegration of recovered STC's into the Imperium's armies and the rare adaptation of alien technology into the established Mechanicum protocols. They ensure that laxness on the part of the Mechanicus does not permit a flawed design to enter Imperial service and more importantly prevent a greedy Magos from withholding vital designs for himself.

Inquisitors of the Ordo Machinum often accompany Mechanicus archaeological teams to distant worlds, monitoring their recovery and analysis of STC's. Thus they often work in concert with the Ordo Xenos - especially when the world inq uestion has been under alien control or there is any suggestion of non-human origin for the technology the Mechanicus intends to recover.

I reckon these guys would be a good fit as an Ally/HQ for an Iron Hands or Sons of Medusa army.

"Make war and move on, and again, and again, until nothing breathes which stands against us. All else is sophistry and pretty lies" - Ferrus Manus, The Gorgon, Lord & Primarch of the Xth Legion Iron Hands.

Urza's Anvilarium - My Heresy-Era 'Iron Hands' Xth Legion Blog.
ANVILARIUM_SIG_zps86233990.png

image_zpsf3ef6535.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users