Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GDUK2012 Silver Demon Diorama New Photos [MANY IMAGES]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

winterdyne

winterdyne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

This is very soon going to the client in Singapore. Luckily, I've figured out how to use my light tent effectively. Here are a bunch of photos. I'll be sad to see this one go...

I make and sell stuff here: https://shop.winterdyne.co.uk/

Follow us on Facebook

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

I'd be sad to see it go too! It's a cracking diorama, brother. Shame it didn't get the gold, really. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Brother Nezulius

Brother Nezulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

Beautiful work. Good painting and interesting things to see on the base. Good work!

We are the Ultramarines, the Sons of Guilliman. Whilst we draw breath, we stand. Whilst we stand, we fight. Whilst we fight, we prevail. Nothing shall stay our wrath.

+++ Marneus Calgar, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines +++

Brother Eleysium

Brother Eleysium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,330 posts

jawdrop.gif  Was my initial response.  Hold your head high though man, how many people can say they won the Silver at the Golden Demon?!

gallery_24779_1036_67437.jpg

"No world shall be beyond my rule. No enemy beyond my wrath."

The Emperor of Mankind

Check out my B&C Hobby Blog via the link below:

http://www.bolterand...athwatch/page-4

Sidewinder 3

Sidewinder 3

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts

...I have no words...Thumb Up...!! thumbsup.gif

...It is better to Die for The Emperor than live for Yourself

...Blessed is the mind too Small for Doubt

Ironwithout

Ironwithout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
I saw this in person at Games Day. It should have been a gold!

Stunning!

A Melancholic Sanguinity

A Melancholic Sanguinity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts

That looks amazing.

I'm loving the little details of the Warhound interior.

That pattern on its armor... looks almost like... scales? That looks ridiculously awesome too, and it breaks up the large flat areas in a great way. Especially the green sections, it's so subtle that your mind frankly registers it almost subconsciously.

Stellar job. I lack the adjectives to sufficiently compliment you with.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,553 posts

It's incredible. How in the world are you shipping it without it getting devastated, though? 

winterdyne

winterdyne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

I've custom built a polystyrene crate for it. That lined with a bit of bubble wrap at the contact/support points and a good sturdy cardboard box should do it.

Follow us on Facebook

zxyogi

zxyogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,135 posts

jawdrop.gif ............................... jawdrop.gif  ........................................ jawdrop.gif  ............................................................................ jawdrop.gif  ..................... Awesomeness!!

'Brothers! These foul Aliens stand before us, thinking they are powerful enough to resist us! But they have made one, massive, terrible mistake; they have forgotten who they face!'
'FOR WE ARE THE MARINES MALEVOLENT, CHOSEN OF THE EMPEROR, THE ONLY TRUE SERVANTS OF HIS GLORIOUS WILL!! FORGED WITH HATE, ARMORED WITH TRUTH, TEMPERED WITH BLOOD!!! THESE XENOS SHALL FALL!!!! FOR GLORY! FOR HATE!! FOR THE GREAT CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marines Malevolent.........The Emperors Finest.
Hall of Honour: http://www.bolterand...p...lent&st=125
WIP: http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2872270

Sons of Heracles

WIP http://www.bolterand...htsupdate-1314/

Brother Sgt. Steine

Brother Sgt. Steine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
PRETTY EDIT censored.gif EDIT SWEET MAN.  Nice to see some alternative shots other than the ones posted in WD.

You have The Gift.  Use it well.

BSS

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker, 18 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.
Next time you dodge the swear filter you'll get a warning. -- Kurgan

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts

It looks like a gold to me.

I wish it a safe passage to its distant home.

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Dark Sensei

Dark Sensei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts

Oh My !

This is a madman's work, an insanately talented one. /applaudes with both hands and tentacles

FUROR ARMA MINISTRAT

Vadskær

Vadskær

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

This is SO insanely amazing! Extremely beautiful composition, color-control and perfection in the smallest details.

Stunning!

/vadskær

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well! (my painting mantra...but GOD it slows down the production line ;-)

kickstarter-news

Retributis

Retributis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,404 posts

Whenever I see this diorama I always wish that it was positioned so the Warhound is about to squish the horrible carnifex! :(

Amazingly beautiful paintwork and detail - Things like this are truely a pleasure to look at.

ChromeZephyr

ChromeZephyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 423 posts

*low whistle*  I have no words to describe how impressed I am by this.

gallery_45765_13882_50260.png

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,605 posts

Let me have a go on your behalf, as well as my own. thumbsup.gif *Clears throat*

Sweet Golden Throne, that is sublime.

There isn't anything about this magnificent creation that isn't utterly, mind-numbingly incredible. woot.gif

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts

Let me have a go on your behalf, as well as my own. thumbsup.gif *Clears throat*

Sweet Golden Throne, that is sublime.
There isn't anything about this magnificent creation that isn't utterly, mind-numbingly incredible. woot.gif

This.

So many little touches, like the Guardsman who's on the floor and priming a grenade, the bullet holes in the 'Nids carapace, the Grandfather clock, the "scale" effects on the Titan...

Absolutely awesome stuff! happy.png

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,546 posts

Awesome work man. The composition and the paint work is stellar.

Might want to be careful though, the Admins might close this thread because of the Xenos.

Robert2004

Robert2004

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts

This is just fantastic, so so fantastic!

Jamafore

Jamafore

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

This is so nice, it makes me want to cry. Both from the sheer awesomeness, and the realization my minis can't compare to it.              jawdrop.gif     cry.gif

If this got silver, what got gold? this should have been it methinks.

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

"You build it, and it looks good. You prime it, all the work unifies, and it looks better. But then you paint it, and remember why you put all the effort in to it, as it comes to life." - Subtle Discord

"Rabid Ferrets make wonderful minions. Here have some!" ::hands over squirming bag::  -Me in various online games.

"I love it when people try to correct grammar on the internet. As if posting a correction to a post written in three seconds is going to stem the tide of illiteracy." - StigmatTickles, Gamefaqs.com Message Board.

20.jpg

Xbox Gamertag: Jamafore. I'm in Central standard time. Apparently -5 dst?

winterdyne

winterdyne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

Karol Rudyk's zombie dragon diorama took the gold and the sword. It was sublime.

Follow us on Facebook

ChromeZephyr

ChromeZephyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 423 posts

At the risk of offending the OP, having looked at the Zombie Dragon diorama I can see how it took gold.  Taking nothing away from your work winterdyne, or course.  They're both so far above my skills as a painter that I can only sit with mouth agape looking at them.

gallery_45765_13882_50260.png

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,747 posts

Amazing work no matter what the award!! You've always been a highly talented painter, sir!! Keep it up!!

End of Line

Nightfall
Quietly it crept in and changed us all

winterdyne

winterdyne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

At the risk of offending the OP, having looked at the Zombie Dragon diorama I can see how it took gold.  Taking nothing away from your work winterdyne, or course.  They're both so far above my skills as a painter that I can only sit with mouth agape looking at them.

Absolutely no offence taken. I was actually thinking I had bronze for some time, and was having a laugh with Mario Delgardo about it backstage. Karol's stuff is jawdropping especially with the freehand; the official shots of that model do it no justice at all.

Follow us on Facebook