Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inquisition forum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 863 posts
Now that there is a dedicated Codex: Inquisition, would it be possible to have an Inquisition sub forum under the forces of the Imperium forum? I know I'd love to have one and it would be a great dedicated space to discuss war bands.

Fallen11

Fallen11

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

Isn't this codex basically codex grey knights from what I heard? There fore,you can discuss there everything?

Hydra Dominatus!

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 863 posts
No, there are some important distinctions, particularly to force organization. There are so many new options in terms of list building now as well as small dedicated inquisition forces that I think it would be nice to have a space for it, but let's see what the moderators think.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
I haven't seen it yet, but from what I have heard it is basically the GK options just with the ability to take multiple warbands. Once enough of the mods have it to weigh in we will decide if it should get its own forum or stay in the GK area.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 863 posts

Sounds good Kurgan--thanks for considering it.

I'd like to submit, for yours and other moderators this excellent article that makes a good argument for it being more than a cut/paste job from GK--it has enough application across lots of armies.  (excuse my runaway enthusiasm! :) )

http://www.3plusplus...ex-huge-impact/

Lord Lorne Walkier

Lord Lorne Walkier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,349 posts

Sounds good Kurgan--thanks for considering it.

I'd like to submit, for yours and other moderators this excellent article that makes a good argument for it being more than a cut/paste job from GK--it has enough application across lots of armies.  (excuse my runaway enthusiasm! smile.png )

http://www.3plusplus...ex-huge-impact/

Nice find and I share your enthusiasm! 100%

"Death comes in many forms, but i would count aerial bombardment amongst the most satisfyingly efficient."

gallery_70393_10089_14705.png

xFallenx

xFallenx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts

Good Read. Thanks for sharing. I have to agree that the servo skulls are pretty amazing and am looking forward to using them with my sisters.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 14,653 posts

We're starting to see Army lists of Inquisition + Others (with no Codex: Grey Kngiht units) on the Grey Knight Army List subforum.

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 863 posts
Any more thoughts on this from the moderators? There are inquisition threads in pretty much every subforum at this point. Would be great to consolidate them.

Lord Morgrim

Lord Morgrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts

I think at least an =][= army lists subforum would be good.....im posting heaps of lists as I get my head around the new dex and one central place would be great....also the fact that there are no grey knights whatsoever in my lists! Please consider it mods!

cheers

Lord Morgrim

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
=][= DECISION =][=

The Inquisition will remain with the Grey Knights. For now.

Other than the Inquisitorial Detachment, a bunch of nice new background, and a few special characters, Codex: Inquisition was a regurgitation of information from Codex: Grey Knights. The vast majority of discussion could/would be repeated in both the proposed Inquisition forum and the Grey Knights forum. Keeping them as a single forum keeps things neat and tidy.

If the Grey Knights codex is ever revised to a point where the Inquisition elements are drastically different from the Inquisition codex, we'll consider splitting the forums.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,639 posts

Solely as food for thought, perhaps its the name of the forum itself. Since Grey Knights are a Chamber Militant of the Ordo Malleus shouldn't it theoretically be called the "The Inquisition"? Optionally having sub-forums for Grey Knights, Warbands and any potential Offico Assassinorum additions?

Normally I don't mind it being the way it is now and in the grand scheme of things its not a huge deal. (Though I personally think it differentiates widely in application rather than strict content to the GK codex.) The only reason I mention the above is the thematic/official use of Inquisition themed devices on this site. A great example is the use of =][= to head your post Brother Tyler. The staff uses =][= motifs so frequently, and it is great for the atmosphere, it seems weird that the Grey Knights take precedent simply because they came first in terms of codex. Codex: =][= pulls a lot of content from it sure, but they are at the top of the food chain.

Like I said, just food for thought.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
No, the Grey Knights codex has a definite focus on the Grey Knights and not the Inquisition, and we want to maintain that focus with the forum name as well as its location.

What we foresee happening is that the rewrite of the Grey Knights codex (whenever that happens) will shift out most of the Inquisition elements, leaving only the Ordo Malleus, if any. When that happens, we'll revisit the option to shift the Inquisition into its own forum within Vive Imperium.

Yes, the name of the forum is (mildly) misleading, but the forum description clearly calls out the Inquisition.

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,639 posts

I only mentioned it because they are a part of the =][=, not that the codex doesn't focus on them. Just as there is an Admech forum and covers all things within that faction, The GK fluff-wise are within the =][=.

The way it is now, along with the title and sub header, makes sense from a game perspective. I'm sure you've seen all the threads on the matter and the Codex: =][= threads in the GK forum. My two cents is that it feels weird and different from things like successor chapters. Most of the weirdness comes from the units they share. So it is a very unique situation.

Like I said; just food for thought, the way it is now obviously functions fine.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 14,653 posts

The GK fluff-wise are within the =][=

While the new Codex retconned the GK to be the primary military force of the entire Inquisition, the GK are still Chapter 666 of the Index Astartes.  The Exorcists are more 'within the =][=' than the GK, being created by the =][= rather than the Emperor/Sigilite.  The GK are a lot more independant.

I do dislike the fluff retcon that removed a GKGM from also being an Inquisitor Lord.

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,720 posts
Now that the Inquisition has been cut from the new GK codex, I wonder if the time has come to revisit the idea of a separate =][= forum? Otherwise where would be post?

I think the points raised earlier in the thread (which I agree with) gain significant strength now that =][= are completely separate from GK rules wise.

Angels Sorrowful, my Blood Angels Successor Chapter: WIP Thread (update 07/10/16 Two Tactical Squads Complete) and Brotherhood of Angels Entry
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpgETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Quozzo

Quozzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 981 posts

Now that the Inquisition has been cut from the new GK codex, I wonder if the time has come to revisit the idea of a separate =][= forum? Otherwise where would be post?

I think the points raised earlier in the thread (which I agree with) gain significant strength now that =][= are completely separate from GK rules wise.

You know, I agree. C:=][= will probably not be taken with C:GK as there are more codices that are not C:GK, than there are. (Stupid realization i know). As Grey Knights will no longer contain inquisitorial forces then two forums currently compete with each other for the privilege of holding the rosette. Sister of Battle are also a chamber militant and the better of the two as they also contain models currently in C:=][=, as do the IG.

Although I do believe that they will remain in the GK forum as all relevant topics are already located there so would be easier to search or browse for them, but I feel that as they are primarily used as an ally than an actual primary detachment then they can be discussed in which ever forum is being used as the primary, which I think is the situation anyway.

Venemox

Venemox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 496 posts

Looking at the releases, addressing this issue again may be prudent.  So far it looks as if the =][= and the Officio Assassinorum will no longer be located in the C:GK, and be stand alone codices and dataslate formations serving the Impirium as a whole.  If this is the case, I would ask they not be left clustered under the C:GK forum header.

'Pax per scientiam'
Red Art Works

Posted Image

Quozzo

Quozzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 981 posts

Perhaps a Fringe Imperium forum that can discuss the Inqusition, Officio Assassinorum, The Legion of the Damned, Knights (not of the grey variety) and other similar dataslates, formations and codices.

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,720 posts

Perhaps a Fringe Imperium forum that can discuss the Inqusition, Officio Assassinorum, The Legion of the Damned, Knights (not of the grey variety) and other similar dataslates, formations and codices.

This sounds like a good solution. A sort of catch-all for "miscellaneous" Imperium forces.

Could possibly even go with the Adeptus Mechanicus forum?

Angels Sorrowful, my Blood Angels Successor Chapter: WIP Thread (update 07/10/16 Two Tactical Squads Complete) and Brotherhood of Angels Entry
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpgETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
The mods and admins are discussing options right now. In the meantime, the Inquisition will continue to be discussed with the Grey Knights forum. If we decide on a different location for the Inquisition, we'll move the relevant topics to the new location.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
=][=

We've created the + INQUISITION + and + AGENTS OF THE IMPERIUM + forums.

Depending on how things go for the Inquisition later, we might see it rolled into the Agents forum (i.e., if they are reduced to a dataslate.