Persecutors: Completed Lineart

Iron Hands Fanatic

Edit: next piece added.

Battle-Brother Cadell, executing a heretic psyker of the Nihleck Cabal at the assault of Rannos Hive, Ontarium

gallery_53779_8997_462652.jpg

ADEPTUS ASTARTES CHAPTER RECORD: “PERSECUTORS”
FOUNDING: 21ST [REF. 991.M35]
PROGENITORS: ++RECORDS SEALED++ [iNQUISITORIAL SANCTION: ORDO HERETICUS]
HOMEWORLD: ++CENSORED++ [sYSTEM QUARANTINED], CALIXIS SECTOR, SEGMENTUM OBSCURUS
ALLEGIANCE: LOYALIST
CHAPTER MASTER: ‘LORD HARBINGER’ URIAH LYKOS
CURRENT STRENGTH: 700-800 FULL ASTARTES, 200+ PARTIAL INITIATES, 11 ‘STRIKE CRUISER’ DESIGNATION VESSELS, 3 ‘BATTLE BARGE’ DESIGNATION VESSELS, VARIABLE SECONDARY & TERTIARY CLASS VIODCRAFT, VARIABLE ARMOURED CONTINGENT [LATEST ESTIMATE – 962.M41- CHAPTER NOTED AS PARTIALLY WITHDRAWN FROM COMBAT OPERATIONS IN LIGHT OF RECENT LOSSES & EXTENSIVELY LETHAL INDUCTION PROCEDURES – SEE REF. ‘CRUCIBLE’]

gallery_53779_8997_173745.jpg

High Chaplain Sato Vyrnnus of the Persecutors
Bearer of Shame, Warden of the Seven Keys

“Though none live who remember it, every brother of our Cursed line bears within his breast the eternal disgrace of our conception. The horrors we were bidden to commit to prove our loyalty, so that we might carry forth the Emperor’s fury to the degenerates and fiends who wish him ruin.

The same shame will chase you to the oblivion of the grave – we will never be free of it, and every brutality we commit will add to that burden. Forsake any thought of forgiveness, for the yoke of obedience runs in your very blood, and it will bid more sacrilege in time.

No brothers, turn your minds instead to these beasts who claim godhood, who would see mankind sundered, and make them pay for reducing us to such barbarism.

Purity in Death!”
-Multi-channel vox-broadcast to all Persecutor forces as they received the charge of the Demon horde of Zhra’peth the Manipulator on the Cemetary world of Aite

This is my second attempt at lineart, and the idea was to try and add some dynamism and movement to Cataphractii plate, which is usually very static.

Obviously there's lots of death-related imagery to represent his role as a chaplain, and I've tried to give the armour a baroque, gothic look - partially to tie him in with the iconography of the Inquisition, with whom the Chapter has an uncomfortable relationship. There are also a couple of references to the Chapter's history in his armour - if anyone is interested, there's a link to my WIP DIY chapter's IA inmy sig.

He could have turned out a lot cleaner, but overall I'm pretty happy, as the pose and perspective seem to be just about right (although with hindsight, I might have preferred the head to be slightly smaller).

Any comments/criticism would be very welcome, and hopefully this should be the first in a number of similar pieces based around some prominant characters from my DIY chapter

Thanks for looking

Well donethumbsup.gif Like the purity seals.Well I like Everything the only issue I see is the arms.They look out of scale to the rest of the body.

On the arms, thats kinda a result of the aesthetic I was going for, based off this kind of design:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KpicGttCn84/TcWhj_4wB8I/AAAAAAAAAB8/dsRtK2BO4PE/s1600/Grey_Knight_by_CursedChaos.jpg

it makes the arms appear quite small, but to be honest I find proportions a bit tricky with TDA anyway - the positioning of the head & arms on the models sort of defies reason

anyway, I'm glad you like it

• 1 month later...
That's a killer looking chaplain. Love how you've blended the iconography of his calling with the cataphractii plate. Keep up the good work and I hope we'll see more of your art in the future.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, glad you like them - really helps keep me focused when I'm trying to finish works like these thumbsup.gif

I've just updated the 1st post with a cleaned up version of the High Chaplain & I've changed the thread name so I don't have to edit it with each piece - plus its a bit less confusing

I''m just about to update my WIP thread (link in sig) with my next work - finished version wont be displayed here, but in the Horus Heresy subforum because its not a Persecutor - I've already got the thread up & running for when I finish it

thanks again

Archived