Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 drops and sloggers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Netsu

Netsu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
TOTAL: 1500 pts

Chapter master
	- artificer armour
	- thunder hammer
	- storm shield
	- bike 

Honor Guard
	- 8 honour guard
	- chapter banner
	- drop pod

Ironclad Dreadnought
	- heavy flamer
	- drop pod

Crusader Squad
	- 6 initiates
	- 3 neophytes
	- 1 sword brother
		- lighting claw, combi-melta, melta bombs
	- power axe
	- meltagun
	- drop pod

Crusader Squad
	- 7 initiates
	- 6 neophytes
	- 1 sword brother
		- power sword, melta bombs
	- power axe 
	- meltagun

Crusader Squad
	- lascannon, plasmagun

Stormtalon
	- skyhammer missile launcher

Land Speeder
	- typhoon missile launcher

Land Speeder
	- typhoon missile launcher

Black tide fails me every time and I've seen too many transports pop to just a few lucky shots to trust them, so I'd like to try some drop pods.

The chapter master goes with the footsloggers, land speeders might be held in reserve if I fear giving up first blood.

Dropping sequence depends on what the enemy has, if there's lot of AP2 then crusaders and ironclad first, if there's lots of AP3 then HG+dred, if there's nothing juicy for the dred to open then both infantry units drop first I guess.

Basically I just tie up the enemy with my podding forces trying to remove the biggest threats first. Speeders and talon provide fire support. 5-man squad camps objective and lays some fire and the footsloggers are there... because I like them too much ;)

I'm also considering changing both speeders for 5 bikes with 2 gravguns, a combi-grav and meltabombs for exactly the same point cost.

greggles

greggles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
If you have enough distractions, you could drop some of the honor guard. Right now it seems like you are just taking more honor guard as extra wounds. You could reallocate some of those points to another speeder. (maybe a MM/Hvy flamer one).

Are you using the one crusader squad as a counter assault unit? If you need points, consider some scouts. You'll save points, they'll work nearly as well for that purpose. I think with points shifting around, you could fit another speeder, and possibly a second storm talon in.

Netsu

Netsu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts

The second crusader squad just runs across the table, maybe I'd reduce them in size and put them in a rhino instead, then the CM could just hide behind the transport and drop bombardment on the go.

I'm taking so many honour guard because I think they are really point efficient, 25 points for a 2+ save and 5 power weapon attacks on the charge? Plus they have bolters for more dakka right after landing. I would have to drop at least 2 to afford something else and I feel 6 guys are just too easy to shoot down.

greggles

greggles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts
One thing I've been learning as I play 40k...you don't want to wipe out the unit you assault. You want to wipe them out on your opponents turn. Because the honorguard is so effective, they are going to obliterate almost any unit at 8 strong. I mean just massacure. It's like my meganobz. I used to take 8...I'd overkill, then get shotup, overkill, then get shotup. I reduced their number, now they don't get shotup as much. Just a suggestion if you find that to be the case more often then not!

Netsu

Netsu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts

Yeah, I already noticed that mechanism, but so far my HG were usually reduced to 4 or less before they could assault anything. I'll see how it goes with drop pods, maybe deploying them right in my opponent's face will help them make it into combat more or less intact :)

greggles

greggles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,222 posts

Well if they drop at the same time as the ironclad, you're going to give them an aneurysm trying to figure out what should be the priority. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users