I thought I'd join this wonderful community and share a little project with you all, which I started about a week ago. Various threads on this forum have provided me with some fantastic inspiration to get my project rolling so I thought it was only fair to join myself and add my own input to an already vast resource!
Anyway, now that's over I'll get to it
Like many others, I have decided to have a go at re-doing the sisters of battle with a view to having an easy, interchangable, 'multi-part' like kit. The main goal is to have 5-10 torsos, 5-10 sets of legs and 5-10 bolters all sculpted up and cast in resin. Using these parts, I should be able to swap the parts around to create a diverse range of models. Here's what I've managed so far
Converting the base components:
I've used the Dark Eldar warriors kit as the main base for my conversions. The kit comes with 4 different female torsos and one of those four is almost identical to the original sister torso design. I also think the dark eldar have the correct proportions for sisters so all in all, they make an ideal base.
I've cut away all the spikes etc... and shaved away the back section so a sisters backpack will fit. Then I've added wire (available at dragonforge) and greenstuffed the piping on the chest. These torsos are still WIP, I'm unsure how good the detail will be after the casting process because I've never cast anything before. Therefore, I thought it would be more sensible to get the basic armour right and then add the details like aquillas etc... later.
Oh and do check out my blog if you have time
Edited by Smurfben, 28 November 2013 - 10:43 AM.