Building a multi-part sisters of battle kit

Smurfben

I thought I'd share a little update with you all before I pop off to bed (English you see!) as I've been painting her all evening. She's not yet fully finished as I still have a couple of details to complete (especially on the gun). But not bad as teasers go!

May I present the first of many heavy flamer sisters, Sister Agne. The flamer is from the FW legion range and the head is one of brother Vinni's with extra hair sculpted on. I think I'll add a fuel pipe leading from the fuel canister on the weapon to the tank on the back but other than that she just needs some painting touch ups. I hope you guys like her.

https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2F6BOdb2qEjyMfZ uJgIAhYqd68hoA5fDGNZK9pb3oCMZEWcs%3Ds0 D

https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2FSYifYk fkEDB9urXp AWviz6Hfg6r5GhzCifaquyslspq7I%3Ds0 D

https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2FOiFhpz5bgAdM1D4uZ2CrUOBtneU0brigVIyWE4YBvmoAeTo%3Ds0 D

https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2FH6V4b8pQ3fxsbpOg1Td0iwSO16rHPLe5Jn eEVkoNnwzwFQ%3Ds0 D

Sister superior coming soon!

She looks good. That heavy flamer looks awesome in her hands.

Yeah, if the plasma gun overheats too she might lose her hair?! I'm going with the 'sacred oils' excuse. She has treated her hair with sacred oils, blessed by the emperor, which renders her hair immune to combustion!

She's got strange priorities if she puts sacred oil on her hair and not her face instead.

Don't forget to roll a die every time she runs; on a 1, she trips over her braid and goes to ground.

Hey guys, glad you like her. Don't worry though, I'm aware that it's a re-load but I'm struggling to see how a sister would reach it during a battle. I figured it would be easier if she had a direct link to it and could switch over to the new canister via a valve or something. Also I quite like the flow of cabling on models. It's my only gripe about the legion heavy weapons, they aren't belt fed or have the pipes etc...

Well, reloading Heavy weapons is never a quick task. When we learned changing mags on the machine gun in the army it took forever, even if that is not the largest of weapons. I figure that she has a friendly helper close by that gives her the new canister =)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick message to say I'm not dead and neither is the project. I've been snowed under with work in the lab, but that's not to say I haven't been building the sisters :) I'll post some more pics of the most recent additions soon! They include a flamer!

I'm using the warrior minis as the base because they include both shoulder pads. The witches only seem to have one and their torsos aren't as armour plated either. The warriors also have the correct type of arms because they use rifles like the sisters. Basically warriors with other bits like heads and accessories thrown in :p

Amazing idea and execution. Thanks to you I know see potential in doing a chaos battle sister project I've been benching for a long time due to lack of poseable sisters.

Helmets off to you, Brother. I too will be keeping my eye on this thread.

Keep up the great work!

Hello again :)

I received a package today containing a couple of sets of the new 28mm heroic scale female heads from statuesque miniatures! Here's a comparison shot of the different sizes.

DSC 0095

left to right: 25mm statuesque head, 28mm statuesque head, brother vinni head.

To me the 28mm heads look a little big, although that's less obvious than how small the 25mm heads look. What do you think?

Archived