Building a multi-part sisters of battle kit

Smurfben

I'm not overly keen on legal death squads so i'll be keeping these mini's well and truely to myself :p

With regards to the packs, you're right Raven, I'm not that sold on them as they are myself, some embellishments are certainly needed. Unfortunately, unless someone is kind and willing enough to cast them for me, I can't get hold of the original packs in the numbers I need

• 1 month later...

Good evening ladies and gentlemen! I've decided to break out the sculpting tools and get back to the sisters project. I have to say in my defense, I've been painting Orks in an attempt to render my only full 40k army playable! Anyway lets see what I've done.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/smurfben2/PICT0019_zpsf92a961c.jpg

Here are 4 sisters nearing completion. The 2nd from the left still needs some sleeves sculpting and the others a missing a couple of little details here and their such as fleur d'lys etc...

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/smurfben2/PICT0016_zpsc2787419.jpg

I'm thinking about adding some prayer beads into the outreaching hand on this sister. I'm just struggling to work out how to achieve it without making it brittle. Any tips on this would be great.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/smurfben2/PICT0013_zps7350afa6.jpg

Here's a new picture of the backpacks I have been using. Some of you suggested that I turn them 90 degrees so that the vent was on its side. Instead I thought I'd try sculpting some flames coming out of the top of the vent in a similar fashion to the official backpack on my canoness. I'll be adding some purity seals and some little fleur d'lys to further 'sisterize' the packs smile.png

So what are your thoughts? I'm always happy to hear your suggestions

Awesome as always.

As for prayer beads, how about this DA chaplain from dark vengeance?

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Angels-Interrogator-Chaplain.jpg

The prayer beads are composed of skulls, which might be a good thing:)

I think I've just rediscoverd this thread.

Firstly, Awesome work!!

Two comments:

1) Do you watch Game of Thrones? There are some larger amazons out there (Brienne of Tarth). The 28mm head you found might work on a larger sculpt. And I think one or two larger (bulkier as per several requests) models might be a nice addition (eg using the feminised male DE torsos).

2) I love the turquoise, but you've also used it (or something very similar) for the plasma pistol(s) which I think is a shame. have you thought about the traditional green, or maybe a pinkish/purple instead?

Just comments, mind you. As I said - awesome work.

ElDuderino: Thanks for that! They look great for my purposes! Luckily I have one of those knocking about in my collection somewhere. 

Paulochromis: Hi and thanks for your praise. Comments are what I love so please don't apologise for making them :) Part of what I'm doing with this project is trying to get some diversity back into the sisters of battle because whenever I see them in a fan or official way they always have the same snarling face and bowl haircut. Now I'm not claiming to be an expert of women (being a geek and all) but I've met a few in my time and none of them were alike. So yeah, I wouldn't be against creating a few larger women like Brianne. The main problem with this is proportioning them correctly. Even the male DE armour is thin and spindly, in fact its only real difference is the torso and so that makes using the larger heads a problem. What I'd need is a slightly larger body first. If you have any suggestions I'd be eager to hear them :)

I'd never really thought about having pink or purple powercores on the plasma weapons. I guess I really like turquiose :p Jesting aside I think I'll give it a go on the next plasma guy I paint and see if I like it :)

I'll be finishing these 4 off today and getting them ready to paint

• 7 months later...

[quote name="Smurfben" post="3532911" timestamp="1385634915

Then I've added wire (available at dragonforge) and greenstuffed the piping on the chest.

If you could be so kind as to answer a question of mine, which size of wire did you get from dragonforge?

• 1 month later...

ElDuderino: Thanks for that! They look great for my purposes! Luckily I have one of those knocking about in my collection somewhere.

Paulochromis: Hi and thanks for your praise. Comments are what I love so please don't apologise for making them smile.png Part of what I'm doing with this project is trying to get some diversity back into the sisters of battle because whenever I see them in a fan or official way they always have the same snarling face and bowl haircut. Now I'm not claiming to be an expert of women (being a geek and all) but I've met a few in my time and none of them were alike. So yeah, I wouldn't be against creating a few larger women like Brianne. The main problem with this is proportioning them correctly. Even the male DE armour is thin and spindly, in fact its only real difference is the torso and so that makes using the larger heads a problem. What I'd need is a slightly larger body first. If you have any suggestions I'd be eager to hear them smile.png

I'd never really thought about having pink or purple powercores on the plasma weapons. I guess I really like turquiose tongue.png Jesting aside I think I'll give it a go on the next plasma guy I paint and see if I like it smile.png

I'll be finishing these 4 off today and getting them ready to paint

Hello, any updates on this ? I'd be curious to see where they're at smile.png

Archived