]quote name="Xenith" post="3588943" timestamp="1391779202"]

in the pipeline a captain called wilhelm zayn and purple as a contrast colour.. maybe.

Does he have an obsession with large blue diamonds and like handcuffing paupers to sinking ships?

Being a star phantom, he's more likely to shoot mr dicaprio, and is less prone to acts of extreme cowardice. Hopefully the dice keep it that way! :p

Anyway, will build him soon, meanwhile more Night Lords

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Lamenterkyle/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02-09211152_zpsbd7341c1.jpg

Holy crap is that marine eating a heart?  That's metal as :censored: ! Seriously, that's pretty stellar.  

Digging the chainglaive conversion you did on the terminator praetor model as well.  I cannot wait to see the face cloak; that's an idea with a lot of potential.  Good call on using the liquid latex- it should have a certain rubberiness that will lend itself to the malleability needed for sculpting the cloak.

Edited by The_Chaplain

Specifically, a murderous apothecary eating a heart!

Cheers much chaplain, it was a bit of a pain removing the mk. IV helm, i had no desire to waste such a lovely thing, but ultimately he's turning out how i envisiged.

Will also keep everyone updated on my cloak, though looking at it i think i made too many "face skins"

Both the praetor and apothecary are looking terrific. I'm digging your take on the chainglaive and the heart eating dude.... well that's just in a legue of it's own :tu:

The face cloak is an awesome idea and from what I can see, you are of to a great start. Keep up the good work mate, hopefully we'll get to see the finished cloak in all it's glory soon enough.

Is it?

Sorry but my wife has been studying the Cardio Vascular System recently so I've seen lots of pictures of hearts, veins, and the rest. Thing to remember is oxygenated blood is bright red and deoxygenated is closer to blue.

Sometimes I think I need to take a break and get fresh air, see the sun, maybe see my family. Then I stumble across a post like this and I dive right back into the hobby like a madman.

Phenomenal work brother.

Thanks for even more inspiration :)

Isn't astartes blood a brighter red anyway due to all the chemicals and enhancements? I think the blood is fine when taking that into account. Edited by BassWave

Cool idea with the heart. The color of the blood is almost spot on, considering there's some strong light coming in from the side. Looks like you can just run a slight wash of babab black over it if you need it slightly darker. I just can't exactly place the blood vessel he's chewing on ;-) the heart itself may need some blue/black ink and a bit of yellow. Those things are almost greasy with fatty cells while alive (at least for people).

PVA + clear red looks nice, I've tested it and the pooling effect after drying is pretty good. I've personally used vallejo clear red and not tamiya, but was pretty satisfied with the results.

UHU superglue+clear red also makes for some nice, stringy, gooey gore, but is a nightmare to place where you want.

Thing to remember is oxygenated blood is bright red and deoxygenated is closer to blue.

Nope, no, no way. It's only a darker red- pretty much red wine coloured. It also varies from person to person etc. (smokers get brighter blood because carbon monoxide binds to haemoglobin more permanently than oxygen and gives it a brighter colour). You'd have to be a crustacean/mollusk/horseshoe crab/obscure species of tarantula to have a blood of any colour close to blue.  

• 3 weeks later...