Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HS WIP Blog: Typhus, Herald of Nurgle

Star Phantoms Chapter WIP HH Konrad Curze Night Haunter Badab War Night Lords Legion

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,446 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I look at that faceplate and all I can hear in my head is it screaming "RECYCLE!!! REEECYCLEEE!!!"

Let's expose Captain Planet for the Chaos Daemon he is.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,186 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion

I look at that faceplate and all I can hear in my head is it screaming "RECYCLE!!! REEECYCLEEE!!!"

Let's expose Captain Planet for the Chaos Daemon he is.

He does have to be summoned by a cult-like group via the use of arcane artefacts... Sounds heretical to me!
gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Moving along a little bit now!
Thanks for the entertainment guys :P

CpOcl2N.jpg
  • ranulf the revenant likes this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,446 posts
He's coming along well. Have you decided on a name? "The Knight Terror of the Swamps, Guardian of the Gardens of Nurgle; and its pilot, Alec, Scion of of House Holland"?
  • helterskelter likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts

He's coming along well. Have you decided on a name? "The Knight Terror of the Swamps, Guardian of the Gardens of Nurgle; and its pilot, Alec, Scion of of House Holland"?

This might be most useful! Will probably be something along those lines

And now a little bit further along yet still a ways to go

kMkVee2.jpg
EBBs6rx.jpg
  • Surreal Cruelty, ElDuderino and Elzender like this

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
That has to be one if the most unique knights yet, love it. On paper the concept seems like it wouldn't work but the result is beautiful:)

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts
Bit further along now, soon be ready to stomp through the swamps

qn8X6tk.jpg

Oh and my newest WIP, B+C meet baby Jago
Spoiler

Oshikai

Oshikai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts

Congrats to the little one and great Work on the Swamp Knight...allways loved the Swamp Thing comics, inspired Idea.

Edited by Oshikai, 11 August 2019 - 09:29 PM.

My Vlka Fenryka

gallery_120877_15674_105.png gallery_120877_15674_1752.pnggallery_120877_15674_1297.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,097 posts

Congrats on the little one! Also, the Swamp Thing Knight is awesome. Really unique! :tu:

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,446 posts
Congratulations on becoming a parent! May the Swamp Knight's patrons stay FAR, FAR AWAY from Jago.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts
A quick aside to get me back into the mojo for painting smaller dudes, heres a wip death guard scheme
The Death Gardeners, tending to a glorious plague garden, growing pestilence to spread to the universe

bRKb0uU.jpg
  • ranulf the revenant likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,446 posts
Great paint job on that Death Gardener!

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Looks a bit unusual for Nurgle at first glance, but it's a cool looking scheme...

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 19 August 2019 - 07:17 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Love the knight and the new nurgle scheme - its really similar to that of some of the flies around here.  Ever thought of expanding on that theme and emphasizing the fly imagery on the models themselves so that it sticks out more?  You could do them the red on your knight, which might help tie the two forces together.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 20 August 2019 - 05:41 PM.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts
Thanks Guys
@ dr_ruminahui i hadn't thought of that, mainly because I decided to hit a bit of a gardening theme (flesh mowing foetid blight drones), I'll have a look into it once I've a few more DG under my belt, might use the rogue trader fly things perhaps, one of those on the knights base and a few across the DG could work

Now though:
Typhus, Herald of Nurgle, Host of the Destroyer Hive. Edited to show colour
YF8PRqi.jpg

Edited by helterskelter, 11 September 2019 - 08:58 PM.

• I Am Forsaken likes this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,446 posts
WiP wednesday!!

7mUbCnp.jpg

Aaaand group shot of the paint scheme because i like it

r0MqTOP.jpg
  • Grotsmasha and Gederas like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,097 posts

Looking good! :tu:

I really like the colours you've chosen. They're unique and pretty cool looking.

Surreal Cruelty

Surreal Cruelty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

I really like how the over all design of your knight makes it look like it was literally reanimated from a rusting hulk silently rotting in a bog somewhere.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Phantoms Chapter, WIP, HH, Konrad Curze, Night Haunter, Badab War, Night Lords Legion

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)