And the base issue... I curse and applaude GW on the switch. All my old models are on 25mm bases. Id rather put my money into models, not buying bases, so I think I'll be scratch building new ones :s But you're right, the more you look at the old ones, the more you feel that tug to upscale

Well, even though they are done... I'm still pretty tempted to re-base.

Oh man.  It must be contagious because now I am second guessing if I want to continue forward building without upgrading to the 32mm bases.  It would only be a few squads...

Sorry! Seems like I have opened Pandora's Box. :laugh.:

Thanks again for the kind words!

Well I went through my colossal box of bases and fished out a couple of dozen 32mm bases. I'll do them up and try a model on one before I make the final call, but am now leaning towards rebasing! :P

I also decided to select some Veteran models to make a quick squad of five. I went with three bolters with big box mags, a plasma gun, and an Apothecary.

As I still have a further 50 CoVet models, I'm open to suggestions for good weapon loadouts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You've done an excellent job making the power armour look interesting. It can be very easy for uniformly coloured power armour to look bland. 

Being Dark Angels, you can't go wrong with plasma, and sergeants with storm bolters are cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your paint jobs are nothing short of AMAZING.  I am getting quite a few ideas from your pictures.

Specially, while I am fairly satisfied with my own models, I see that I could have improved them considerably by generously applying of Biel-tan wash or a similar product.

I didn't use a wash on the green boys as my Dark Angels are very, very dark already, although I do it thoroughly on my Deathwing models (Seraphim sepia over Ushabti bone base). Now I wish I had washed them, for sure.

Absolutely excellent work, brother. I'd love to see more pictures.

I look at those picture and wish i could paint models like that :(

then remembered i also want an army done, and feel a little better :)

I can just guess how much work it is to get this kind of quality, makes you really appreciate the result even more!

• 1 year later...

I know this plog is eighteen months old (:sad.:), but I'm bumping it so that it can be preserved from the forum clean-up.

Despite the reasons for the thread-necro, I have been making a little progress here and there (just not enough to merit recording), and I'd like to share it here when I'm done. :smile.:

Archived