3rd Annual Winter's Advance

MaveriK

gallery_24878_5332_234711.jpg
It's been far too quiet here inside the Fang...

The cold winds are rising, piercing at the lungs like jagged knives, while freezing exposed flesh. The winds howls in fury, bringing forth the unrelenting storm from the north. So it begins... helwinter is here, and only the strongest can survive.

- Pack Expansion Rules -

1. A pack, vehicle or character of your choice (Space Wolf related).

2. No-Later-Than completion date of 28 February 2014 standard terran date (Canada Mountain Time).

3. No piling in - one oath and one oath only.

(Any extra Wolves you bring to the Fang will simply be considered added strength - but not a part of your oath).

4. Oath Keepers will receive the Winter's Advance token - and many a saga to be sung around the camp fire.

5. Must show/post WIP pictures and completed oaths on this thread or you're more than welcome to make your own topic to showcase your work.

gallery_24878_5332_16255.jpg

gallery_17224_3068_108.gif BEHOLD YOUR PRIZE!!!

The eye of Russ. Forged by Max Dammit, Wolf priest of the Rout. It was later given to our Rune Priest to empower it with protective wards against maleficarum. This prized token can be yours once you fulfill your vow. Good luck and thank you for participating. Praise Russ!

A special thank you goes out to our own Max Dammit for making this prize.

----

This pack expansion should give people enough time from both before and right after Christmas to make and complete their vow.
Leaving people with plenty of time to complete or add more onto your SW army. This is a perfect way to ring in a new year for your Space Wolf army, and for everyone here at the Fang to see.

gallery_24878_5332_50483.jpg

gallery_24878_5332_37344.jpg

I MaveriK, Wolf Guard of the Vlka Fenryka, and two time Inglorious Brawler, vow to complete two Frost Born Maiden objective markers/wound counters for the Winter's Advance, pack expansion by February 28th 2014.

:: Pack Expansion Vows ::

1) MaveriK • Two daugthers of Fenris objective markers/wound counters VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif
2) Schertenleib • Predator Tank VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif
3) Castellan Michael • Spartan assault tank, and a dreadnought PENANCE VOW
4) -Devil- • Three Space Wolf / Fenrisian themed objective markers and Two themed pieces of terrain PENANCE VOW
5) Taj • Arrjac Rockfist and 5 Wolf Guard Terminators VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

6) logun • Wolf Lord and Thunder wolf mount OATH BREAKER
7) Stinkenheim • Grey hunter pack with various upgrades and Wolf Guard Pack Leader OATH BREAKER
8) pedrogzc • Long Fang pack and a Terminator Wolf Guard VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif
9) leif-thunderstand • Land Raider Crusader OATH BREAKER
10) jbickb • 2 packs of long fangs and a rune priest VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

11) RussBrother92 • 5 Wolf Guard Terminators, 6 Long Fangs (2 Lascannons, 2 Plasma Cannons, 2 Missile Launchers) OATH BREAKER
12) Rune_Priest_Rhapsody • Wolf Priest Finvid PENANCE VOW

13) jimmy101 • 5 wolf guard in power armour, 5 wolf guard in terminator armour, and 5 fenrisian wolves VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif
14) Sephon • 10 Skyclaws OATH BREAKER
15) Godhead • 5 fen wolves OATH BREAKER

16) Nadir • 5 fenrisian wolves, one Ulric the Slayer, one chooser of the slain VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

17) mactire • Grey hunter pack VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

18) Vykryl • Wolf Priest, Rune Priest , Wolf Lord, Wolf Guard Battle Leader and a Razorback PENANCE VOW

19) Max Dammit • Forgeworld Dreadnought VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

20) Brother Rylanor • 1 x WL on TW Mount (wargear TBC), 10 x Fenrisian Wolves, 2 x TW Cav (again wargear TBC) OATH BREAKER

21) AnvilofFenris • 5 Wolf Scouts. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

22) Stormborn • 1 Wolf Lord and 1 Pack of 10 Grey Hunters. OATH BREAKER

23) raiders13 • 10 Grey Hunters with Drop Pod. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

24) Immersturm • counts as Logan Grimnar. OATH BREAKER

25) Kassill • Rune Priest with Axe and Plasma Pistol. OATH BREAKER

26) torin • 10 Grey Hunters. PENANCE VOW PENANCE VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

27) Jagdwulfe • 6 Swiftclaws. OATH BREAKER

28) Sturm Moonwolf • Rune Priest Terminator.OATH BREAKER

29) Wolf Priest Redbeard • Wolf Priest with combi plasma. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

30) PupLord • Rune priest in TDA accompanied by a Wolf Guard pack (PA with combi-plasma and power fist, PA with combi-plasma and a poweraxe, TDA with combi-plasma and power axe, TDA with CML and TDA with combi-flamer and wolfclaw). VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

31) Thornoo1 • Grey Hunter squad. OATH BREAKER

32) Bulweih • 5 Wolfguard in PA. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

33) Fytharin • one pack of fenrisian wolves and a cyberwolf. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

34) Vash113 • Rhino APC. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

35) Thunder_god • 5 Space Wolf Cataphractii Terminators. OATH BREAKER

36) TheLoneWolf • Rune priest and a Whirlwind OATH BREAKER

37) Cate • 1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader with a combi-melta and a power fist. VOW COMPLETED gallery_24878_5332_150.gif

I -Devil-, a new Blood Claw vow to complete Three Space Wolf / Fenrisian themed objective markers and Two themed pieces of terrain for the Winter's Advance, pack expansion by February 28th 2014. 

I (Taj) Vow to comlete 1 Arrjac Rockfist and 5 Wolf Guard Terminators for the Winter's Advance, pack expansion by February 28th 2014.

I have been out of the hobby since the 90's and couldn't think of a better way to get back into it and stay motivated then to join the pack.

hey brother maverick,

does basecoat count as wip? or do you want to see grey plastic?

I will make a vow either way, just want to finish some stuff I have basecoated before moving on to the next lot...

Base coat or not, it is still a work in progress is it not? The point of these events are merely here to motivate, inspire and bring back that camaderie into the Fang.

I've asked Max to do up another token for us, for those who will complete their vows. Stay tuned!

semi related to my vow ... i will be painting and working on more space wolves during this time ... would a wip thread / blog in the space wolves section of the forum be allowed? or does it need to go elsewhere? ... will of course put the photo's related to this into this thread as well. 

semi related to my vow ... i will be painting and working on more space wolves during this time ... would a wip thread / blog in the space wolves section of the forum be allowed? or does it need to go elsewhere? ... will of course put the photo's related to this into this thread as well.

If it is SW related, it can stay inside here the Fang as it helps promote our wolves and the forum to a wider audience altogether!

If it is SW related, it can stay inside here the Fang as it helps promote out wolves and the forum to a wider audience altogether.

thank you. yes it will be only SW. ok back to work for me!

I RussBrother92, Grey Hunter of the Vlka Fenryka, and two time completionist of the Winter's Advance, vow to complete five Wolf Guard Terminators and 11 Long Fangs (2 Lascannons, 2 Plasma Cannons, 2 Missile Launchers & 3 Heavy Bolters) for the Winter's Advance, pack expansion by February 28th 2014.

LETS DO THIS!!

I R_P_R, vow to complete Wolf Priest Finvid for the Winter's Advance by February 28th 2014!!

And does anyone have any idea how I can get a hold of the past Winter advance tokens?? I at one time removed them (ooops) and would love to be able to display the few I earned. Thanks in advance!!

End of Line

thanks brother!

I jimmy101, stout grey hunter of the Vlka Fenryka legion, vow to complete 5 wolf guard in power armour, 5 wolf guard in terminator armour, and 5 fenrisian wolves for the winters advance, pack expansion on or before the 28th of feb 2014.

this will be great motivation for me to finish up some bits and pieces I have about the place.

hmm personally I really like the older winters advance tokens :(

anyway I can get my hands on one of those?

I'll kick it off.

sorry for the bad photo's but the finished ones will be much better i promise.

just switched out Arrjacs hammer as I liked this 1 better.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t643/Paintrain171/PC070009_zpsee28c378.jpg

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t643/Paintrain171/PC070004_zpsb1b4bb9a.jpg

Wouldnt have a clue how to link the actual photo's into here sorry ;)

damn taj you beat me to it!

gallery_70574_8889_632174.jpg

love me some terminators, quick to build, quicker to paint, and brutal on the table top. the plan is to one day have enough to run a loganwing yes.gif

is there something cooler I should be calling it instead of loganwing?

next is

gallery_70574_8889_699466.jpg

fenrisian wolves. I don't actually like these models too much, I prefer the others I have, available from reaper minis... but i intend to play lots of games at gw so it seems a bit rude. i took mine last time, and mentioned it to the manager, he kinda shuffled around and looked awkward. he didn't say anything or make a fuss but i could tell it was probably against the rules, so i don't want to put him in that position again.

gallery_70574_8889_700146.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1003122.jpg

and my 5 wolfguard. now i made my vow before i checked to see what i actually had, so i am hoping the rune priest on bike will suffice.

so that's my vow, really glad this topic came along because i didn't have much motivation to paint these minis. aside from the rune priest none of them are really nessesary for my army to function, so they could have sat around for awhile.

the termies will be super quick, the fenris wolves too, the wolfguard and bike will slow me down so i will save them for last. the standards wont be too high for this vow, time is of the essence wile im painting these i will be planning my next expansion so it will be nice just to chill and focus on painting for awhile.

for the Wolf Time, for Russ, and for the All Father

here are some WIP's of what i got done today. it is not much progress as i need to figure out what to do for some parts of it ... but it at least has a base section for most all i pledged to build. 

Space Wolf Themed Objective Markers

these are just the cut out 40mm bases that i am going to use for my objective markers ... the plan is to have one with a fallen Space Wolf of some sort, one to be a supply cache, and the third one i am undecided on. Each one i am going to have an area that is flat so a dice can rest on it to designate the points value in a game. 

Space Wolf Themed Terrain section

here is my first terrain part. It is an old destroyed Rhino, with a hill beside it. need to make some sort of rubble to fill in around the back side and edge of the rhino to make it look like it has been there for a while .. then some rocky croppings on the hill part. 

i am not sure yet if i want to build up some sort of bunker, cover type area on top of it all or not yet. 

still debating on my other terrain part i am going to make ... 

Archived