Really neat mini!

I love the idea of a feminine character

Well done Sir !!

Thanks happy.png

I thought a mini that isn't "part" of the main army would be good to have. The more I kitbash, the more I enjoy it. I even managed to make her without the usual cuts and scratches on my hands and fingers. Which is nice...

• 3 months later...

After far too much real life stuff occurring, I've finally started my vow. Talk about leaving it until the last minute dry.png

Anyway, here are the starting pictures:

Cultists:

gallery_51296_8731_257129.jpg

gallery_51296_8731_92366.jpg

The sharp eyed amongst you will see that one cultist is missing, due in fact that he's already painted in a scheme that I have since abandoned. He's been replaced by a cultist from the 5 pack snap together set.

I can't find the picture I took of my Helbrute a while ago, so I've had to use the one below. He was part of my failed Call of Chaos vow sometime ago and hadn't even been undercoated:

med_gallery_51296_8731_440996.jpg

To clarify - the Chosen Marines are not part of the vow and are merely in that picture to show the initial status of the Helbrute smile.png

Last, but certainly not least, Rai Lurweiss:

med_gallery_51296_8731_85724.jpg

He was originally going to have a non helmeted head, using a Dark Elf one, but the head in question has no neck and it would have taken too long for me to sort that out. In any case, in the fluff they have, he does not show his face due to the extensive changes he has been subjected too. Amongst the cultists there is a legend, that the day he reveals himself fully once more, the Warband will face its greatest challenge...

I'll post the second post that I owe for ETL in a while so that I don't double post.

Thanks for looking! happy.png

CHOP!!! CHOP!!!tongue.png

laugh.png

Right then, here is the second post I need to complete my vow:

Helbrute:

med_gallery_51296_8731_449259.jpg

For some reason, the purple is a different shade in this picture than it actually is. Oh Tzeentch, you gotta love him! laugh.png

Cultists:

med_gallery_51296_8731_327411.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_565853.jpg

I decided that both squads should have a skin shade that isn't "normal". I had tried a shade of blue with the first cultist I painted and it looked good, but as the uniform is now blue rather than the horrible shade of purple, it would have looked wrong, so I have gone with "Hulk" Green laugh.png The shots directly above shows them with Pallid Wytch flesh as the base coat before the green wash. Both the heavy weapon cultists have had a wash with two different green washes to make them darker.

Group shot of models so far (minus Lurweiss):

med_gallery_51296_8731_255056.jpg

Not the best shot as most of the blue and green is washed out. I'll make sure that the final post has far better pictures in it smile.png

I have to admit, considering that I started this morning, they don't look that bad. They certainly aren't the best I could have done, but all things considered, I'm happy with them.

Work remaining: Cultist weapons to be painted, checking/touch ups. Remaining details on Helbrute. Basecoat etc for Lurweiss. I might just have enough time to do a little more today, but I'll just leave it until I finish work on Tuesday (I'm working late tomorrow and the last thing I'll be able to do is any painting sad.png ) I'm not going to fail my vow now that I'm this close! happy.png

Looking good. Nice job for a single day's work. And I love the green. Keep it up Aquillanus!

Thanks! happy.png I decided that I would leave the rest for Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday in the end. I've got a bit of fluff in mind for those guys, but I'll leave that for the "finished" pictures smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here are the final pictures for ETL. It's taken me far longer than I'd have liked to finish it, but I've finished so it's not all bad smile.png

But first, a little fluff on these guys as I stated last time...

"We are the cursed sons of Corax, spat upon by the rotten Imperium and betrayed by our so-called cousins. Believe me, brother. We are better off on our own." - the last portion of a conversation between Warlord Rai Lurweiss and Dark Apostle Hr'Boor.

The Warband formerly known as the Ravens of Bahltimyr turned to Chaos after a failed attempt to prevent a greater Daemon of Khorne on an industrial world whose name is lost to time, even to the Warband. Antagonism between the Chapter and their tentative allies, the Steel Wings resulted in the Chapter unable to leave the planet when orbital bombardment was ordered by the Steel Wings' Chapter Master. The Chapter was denounced as traitors, their Cursed Founding origins being a source of suspicion and mistrust from the start. The survivors limped home to their home planet to find that it had been wiped from existence, an asteroid field the only evidence that it ever existed at all. In desperation, Lurweiss led his remaining troops from one bad decision to another until he beseeched the Dark Gods to save them. Tzeentch answered his pleas, imbuing them with a strength they had not known. It came at a terrible cost. Many Marines succumbed to wild and disturbing mutations, their bodies warped wand twisted with a hunger that could not be slaked. They became known as the changed, slavering monsters that lost all reason. The Warband feared themselves doomed, but for the former Chaplain Hr'Boor who was able to keep them under a semblance of control. This was not before significant losses, however, and in despair, the Warband headed to the nearest planet to recruit followers who would fight for them...

The planet of Chubutz was a backwater, a nothing that barely registered on the Imperium of Man's psyche. Were it not for the copious amounts of manpower for the Guard regiments, it would not be known at all. The XXIX Chubutz regiment was ordered to support a Space Marine Chapter who was currently decimating the rebellion on Omega Supra, a world in the system nearby. The Chapter's callous disregard for those they fought along side meant that they were killing as many of their terrified allies as they were the enemy. Cold, harsh logic had marked them all as expendable, their augmented faces impassive as they butchered everything. The Reavers had managed to keep their failing ship together long enough to reach the planet after the Chapter had finished prosecuting the war, their efforts required elsewhere. Forlorn that their journey had ended with nothing to show for it, the Reavers were surprised that some of mortal combatants were still alive. Humans, both loyal to the Imperium and Traitor had put aside their differences to be able to stave off a slow lingering death. Seeing the Reavers as a way of getting revenge on the Chapter who had laid them low, the ragtag group swore fealty to Lurweiss without question, the Warlord realising that they had a common enemy. Embracing the Changer of the Ways, their skin rapidly changed colour, the mark of their devotion to the cause sported proudly.

The cabal of Chubutz

med_gallery_51296_8731_330048.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_334931.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_91399.jpg

B'Kundif, the unhinged

med_gallery_51296_8731_379893.jpg

Formerly a Veteran Devastator sergeant, B'Kundif openly challenged Lurweiss' decisions, voicing much dissent amongst warband. The last occasion was a duel, the victor leading the warband. The fight was swiftly over, B'Kundif having no chance against his leader. Rather than letting him die, Lurweiss ordered Mirosa, the warbands' Dark Magos to make use of him as she saw fit. The glee was evident in her voice as she gathered up his remains. Cloistered in the bowls of the Pride of Bahltimyr, she spent weeks experimenting on him, his screams chilling the blood of all who heard them. Even Lurweiss himself was reluctant to visit upon her during this time, but finally, she emerged. Granting an audience, she unveiled this vile abomination. A shattered Dreadnought shell, brought back to life with dark magicks, scrapcode and forbidden practices. B'Kundif had been driven beyond madness, his uncontrollable rages tearing part of the ship apart. A prison made of a black stone keeps him bound when he is not of use on the battlefield.

And silent.

Rai Lurweiss, the sacker of Neo Alba

WIP:

med_gallery_51296_8731_30051.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_140911.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_447862.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8731_263521.jpg

Rai Lurweiss is driven to see the Chapter that destroyed his own end at his hands. His fervour has dwindled his force to dangerous levels, the amount of the Changed slowly increasing. His darkest fear is to become one of them, a monster primordial with rage. It would seem that Tzeentch has some ultimate use for him and his warband, and has held his hand.

For now.

Warband group shot:

med_gallery_51296_8731_113552.jpg

Thanks for looking! happy.png

Thanks for the comments smile.png I'm glad I managed to finish my vow, even if it took me this long! laugh.png

Archived