Khârn: The Eightfold Path

The Red Thirst

It's by Anthony Reynolds.

Based on my previous experience with his Chaos Space Marines, this will be almost thirteen minutes of Khârn savoring the cries of the baby seals he clubs to death and the toddlers he steals lollipops from whilst he ties Lotarra to some train tracks.

Pass.

I bought it this morning, yes its short for the price but worths it. Again, Chris Fairbank does an awesome interpretation of Khârn, I can't imagine any other in that role. Anthony Reynolds proves again that he can do a great take into Khârn's soul, and we can see the degeneration of the legion after Angron's ascension into daemonhood (there's something like a cameo of the primarch too). We can now understand better the Khârn from Rebirth, and how he changes into that after the events of Betrayer. For those who love the character I highly recommend this short but awesome piece.

SPOILERS:

Khârn describes how the nails make him love the act of shedding blood and taking skulls to the point that when his isnt doing those 2 things he feels hollow and empty. Ends just dueling with one of the devourers in the pits to first blood, then everyone hears Angron roar in the bowels of the ship and Kharns vission goes red and he wakes up covered in blood with the devourer at he feet in pieces, Khârn says that the thought of loosing control of himself like that sickens him to his core. Because he killed a devourer he is offered a position in angrons bodyguard to which he laughs. end.

I bought it this morning, yes its short for the price but worths it. Again, Chris Fairbank does an awesome interpretation of Khârn, I can't imagine any other in that role. Anthony Reynolds proves again that he can do a great take into Khârn's soul, and we can see the degeneration of the legion after Angron's ascension into daemonhood (there's something like a cameo of the primarch too). We can now understand better the Khârn from Rebirth, and how he changes into that after the events of Betrayer. For those who love the character I highly recommend this short but awesome piece.

Hold on there. Rebirth takes place about 6 months after Prospero (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Age_of_Darkness_(Anthology)#Rebirth). That puts it to the middle of 005.M31. Battle of Calth starts around 007.M31 putting the end of Betrayer to around 007/008.M31.

Is there fault on my conception of the timeline here?

Hold on there. Rebirth takes place about 6 months after Prospero (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Age_of_Darkness_(Anthology)#Rebirth). That puts it to the middle of 005.M31. Battle of Calth starts around 007.M31 putting the end of Betrayer to around 007/008.M31.

Is there fault on my conception of the timeline here?

No idea, I don't recall it to be clarified, but doesn't makes much sense. Khârn was out of his mind in Rebirth and not that at all in Betrayer, then a little more in The Eightfold path, like a degeneration. So in my mind is logical that Rebirth is set after Betrayer and The Eightfold path, if not then we got two different Khârns or it needs more explanation. But officially I don't know to be honest. If you don't mind some spoilers I will try to explain it. 

SPOILERS

In the audio he says that after the events on Betrayer he has been feeling more strange, aggresive, the company of his brothers can't rise a smile into his face and the food taste like ash in his mouth, he's been wandering the corridors of the ship alone and thinking, and it's implied that he does it so to not be tempted to kill anyone. But then he's attracted to the fighting pits, and he says that the spilling of blood and butchery is the only thing that please him now (cuckoo Khârn). Then at the middle of the fight Angron roars and Khârn lose it's sense, when he wake ups his rival is a bunch of meat and blood, which disgust him because it's the job of a psycopath, so he realises how far he has fallen, and the new way his brothers are up to.

To me it sounds more like the Khârn in Rebirth, like The Eightfold Path is a bridge between Betrayer and that one. After all, in Rebirth he was looking for a way to heal himself and his legion, apart from the wolf artifact. 

No guys, it's totally believeable that Horus would trust Angron and the World Eaters to go fetch an object that can be used against him specifically, and that a random Thousand Son officer can figure out how to reverse the effects of the Nails when the Emperor and the Martian priesthood couldn't.

No he couldn't?

Betrayer is pretty clear on the fact that once they go in, they don't come out. Not to mention that given the Emperor's track record in respecting Angron's wishes in the past ("Yeah, your gladiators are dead and I'm sure you're sad about it. Now lead my army!") I sincerely doubt he'd listen to him about not removing

the Nails if that was an option.

No he couldn't?

Betrayer is pretty clear on the fact that once they go in, they don't come out. Not to mention that given the Emperor's track record in respecting Angron's wishes in the past ("Yeah, your gladiators are dead and I'm sure you're sad about it. Now lead my army!") I sincerely doubt he'd listen to him about not removing

Unless the Emperor wanted Angron to keep the nails for some reason...

No he couldn't?

Unless the Emperor wanted Angron to keep the nails for some reason...

Sure, but at this point you are simply making things up. Betrayer makes it pretty clear without outright saying it (since thats not ADB's style) that the Nails could not be removed.

If they COULD, since Angron COULD be incapacitated as evidenced by the examination in the first place, then its just one more damning strike against the character of the Emperor.

Archived