IV Grand Battalion - Horus Heresy Iron Warriors

Pyromancer

Beautiful Centurion! Such a great model and the paint job is equally impressive.

Looking forward to see what you come up with for the standard bearer (more specifically the banner itself) :)

The lietenaunt is great! And I can't wait to see the rest finished.  By the way, do you have any plans for including armour or dreadnoughts in your force? I'd love to see how those would look in your colour scheme.

'I come back to find the stars misplaced and the smell of a world that has burned'

-Jimmie Hendrix

Brother Abelard, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, IV Squad:

gallery_75567_9476_274173.jpg

The guy with the sword is awesome, but... he is an Iron Warrior, right? The blue lighting is actually giving me a hard time to figure that out sweat.gif

It's ok brother, and yes he is a IW! Or maybe he's from the Alpha Legion, who knows!msn-wink.gif

The lietenaunt is great! And I can't wait to see the rest finished. By the way, do you have any plans for including armour or dreadnoughts in your force? I'd love to see how those would look in your colour scheme.

Thanks! I'd like to include armour some day, but somewhat dislike painting it. Still, I would like to pick up some contemptors and maybe some Predators some day!

Wow, this is such an inspiring tread! Having recently finally been able to read trough HH3 and the IW background from FW, I'm really struggling to find reasons not to get a force of the IVth of my own, and you definitely aren't helping! These are some of my favorite 30k marines I've seen so far, thanks for the showcase!

‘We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.’

-Winston Churchill

Brothers Dolyn and Thantos, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, IV Squad:

gallery_75567_9476_941405.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_557061.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_244688.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_390255.jpg

Thanks for all of the support everyone! Now that I'm done school I should race through some of these guys pretty fast. Expect to see the rest of these terminators and my forge lord done in the next week, and then I can start working on my second vow for ETL!

‘The VIII wins wars with fear, the XVI wins wars with magic, and the III wins wars with beauty. The IV wins wars with clear statistical analysis, and an overwhelming torrent of silver MkIII Power Armour and tank treads. It may not be pretty, but it sure as hell works.’

-Forge Lord Hephaes Crogher,

War of Ctromia, fought in coherence between the VIII, IV, III and XVI legion.

Forge Lord Hephaes Crogher, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, Officially the oldest serving member of the IV Grand Battalion:

gallery_75567_9476_1275617.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_1339227.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_1643112.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_697355.jpg

So, I stayed up all night to finish this guy after having a little bit of painting inspiration, and I thought I should post him just before I go to take a nap!

@Armond and Urza- Yes it is a Heavy Flamer smile.png, but when I get some more Cataphractii I wil be copying your Autocannon idea Armond!

@Barabbas and Raven- Thanks Guys!

@Chaeron- Thanks Brother! It's a simple highlight of Dawnstone (Or Codex Grey) over a Abaddon Black, washed with Nuln Oil to make it look a little grey!

‘He was a brute of a man, Brother Brutus, as his name was so kind to illustrate.’

-Gharth Copenius, Chronicles of the Tetarteo Adelfotiita

Brother Brutus, IV Grand Battalion, I Battalion, IV Squad:

gallery_75567_9476_449597.jpg

gallery_75567_9476_1834056.jpg

I think I should have the last terminator from this unit done soon, thusly finihsing my frst ETL Vow!

@Anaziel- By the trim do you mean the Gold? It is just Gehenna Gold, with one wash of Nuln Oil and then a Gehenna highlight after. I chose Ultramarines because I thought that their colour scheme was a good contrast to the dark metal, (And not due to any lingering dislike of their character)

@Vazzy-msn-wink.gif Go right ahead brother!

@Kizz-Thanks Brother!

Archived