Help needed with a kitbash for my Chaos army

Aqui

Hello! happy.png

I really need some help and opinions on a forthcoming kitbash I want to do. I was going to post this in my WIP topic, but I think it should be here really.

I want to have a truly unique mini to represent a Warpsmith for my 'Reavers army. I'm not keen on the GW Warpsmith model (too "busy", has far too much that screams "Iron Warrior!" [which isn't a bad thing, just not what I'm after] and Finecast), so after reading a neglected story on the army in question, I remembered that they have a female Dark Mechanicus within their ranks. If I get around to posting more stuff for that story, it would explain that early on, the Warband lost all of their Tech Marines/MotF's and entered into a pact with a Dark Mechanicus unit. Hence the female Magos. The Dark Mechanicus wanted rid of her as a lot of her ideas were "out there" even for them, and despite substantial modification, still insisted on gender pronouns, something that is not logical to the DM unit. When the 'Reavers agreed to carry out a few things for them, the Warband leader insisted that she was the one that he'd take in payment. The DM unit were far to quick to agree. She was amenable as she found the others too constraining and restrictive to her work.

Anyway, fluff aside, I wanted to really stretch my kitbashing muscles and really try something different. Most of my kitbashes are fair tame compared to others I've seen online, but going through Guitarasmus's Something binary, this way comes I was really, really inspired to push the envelope as it were. Here's where you all come in (hopefully).

The following parts are what I'm considering using for her:

Tomb Banshee

DE Scourges female Torso

DE Scourges agoniser

DE Solarite head

'Cron legs

'Cron tomb side weapons

DE Scourges spear

DE Scourges legs

I'm more inclined to use the Banshee torso and add various bitz to make her, but I do like the DE torso. If I felt confident enough, I'd cut the bottom part of the torso of the Banshee and add the DE torso. The 'Cron and DE legs were an idea I thought of (as in one of each as her legs), but I'm not sure if their size are comparable or would look okay. I'd prefer her to still have hair, as I'd use them as her mechadendrites instead of "conventional" ones, but I'm open to ideas happy.png

Any ideas or opinions on this would be very gratefully received! happy.png

Okay, I see where you are coming from, and can visualize it now.  

For the legs, what I would honestly do is have the shin portion from the DE scourge that has the foot on the base sticking out from the end of the banshee's skirt so she isn't "floating" any more, but is in fact leaping forward to hit someone with the mecadendrite whip/power scourge.  I'd use the necron leg for the other side, using a hari dryer or something to heat the plastic and bend it (think berserker running pose almost from the khorne berzerker models).  I'd suggest having some of the pelvis exposed since it is so mechanical, while keeping a bit of femininity in the design (since they would be wide hips compared to a "stock" human).

I'd recommend getting the tentacle maker box from green stuff industries to play with the power whip, as well as make cable hair for her and having the one, organic braid flowing in the wind by contrast.  

Once you've done the head swap, youve opened yourself up for tinkering with the torso and to put the DE torso top at the very least on it; and with some modification the mechanical backpack would fit on there too.  

The only other thing I can think of is maybe sculpting a cog on the banshee robe and turning the cog edges into the points of a chaos star to reference her background, that and making some sort of servitor beast in an equally ferocious pouncing pose.

Hope that helps?

Okay, I see where you are coming from, and can visualize it now.

For the legs, what I would honestly do is have the shin portion from the DE scourge that has the foot on the base sticking out from the end of the banshee's skirt so she isn't "floating" any more, but is in fact leaping forward to hit someone with the mecadendrite whip/power scourge. I'd use the necron leg for the other side, using a hari dryer or something to heat the plastic and bend it (think berserker running pose almost from the khorne berzerker models). I'd suggest having some of the pelvis exposed since it is so mechanical, while keeping a bit of femininity in the design (since they would be wide hips compared to a "stock" human).

I'd recommend getting the tentacle maker box from green stuff industries to play with the power whip, as well as make cable hair for her and having the one, organic braid flowing in the wind by contrast.

Once you've done the head swap, youve opened yourself up for tinkering with the torso and to put the DE torso top at the very least on it; and with some modification the mechanical backpack would fit on there too.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe sculpting a cog on the banshee robe and turning the cog edges into the points of a chaos star to reference her background, that and making some sort of servitor beast in an equally ferocious pouncing pose.

Hope that helps?

It does - thanks! happy.png

After thinking about it, I think I'll probably go with her not having legs at all, so that she has that "Ethereal" look to her. Depending on how the models are when I get them, I'll probably use the Banshee's lower half and the DE torso, with the DE head. If I can, I'll take the hair from the Banshee and add it on.

In any case, I'm looking forward to having a go at it soon! happy.png

Thanks again! smile.png

I'm going to comment on this so I can keep track of it. Sounds like a cool project. I like the idea of no legs.

I'm looking forward to it myself happy.png It'll be a little longer before I get the bitz though...

WHy not use Valkia? SHe's an awesome and suitably chaotic miniature to start of as a base...

She is, but she's Finecast. I'm fairly uncomfortable using FC models. They seem...wrong (as in a lot lighter and the material itself is just to fiddly for me to work with - one wrong cut/too much pressure and whoops! sad.png )when dealing with them, plus the Banshee has the right "feeling" I'm after.

I won't rule her out if I can find an old metal one though smile.png

Archived