You may have seen a character named Marshal Hydatius in the Vengeance Crusade short story...
I have described him quite a bit, but I haven't really showed any pictures of what he actually looks like and what he is equipped with.

So without further ado:

Marshal Hydatius Schtauffen, Master of the Nemerian Crusade and Vanquisher of N'Krug the Foul

Amidst the carnage and destruction, the violence and the uproar of war throughout the entire city, there was a tense silence surrounding the Cathedral of Angelic Resonance.

A champion of humanity, clad in mighty Tactical Dreadnought armor stood confronting the Greater Daemon bloated with the power of rot and fester, this monster with undulating pus filled sacs covering its body, released toxic fumes out of wounds that widened as it moved and and hefted upon it's broad shoulders a great cleaver hissing with venom that not even a Space Marines' enhanced physiology could endure. It has been a month since the Black Templars aided an Inquisitorial investigation upon the disappearance of swathes of Imperial Citizens upon this world, and upon discovering that the population has been transformed into agents of the plague god, the Templars and the Inquisition had no other choice, but to put this world to the torch..

Now in the climax of this war, a final battle is taking place at the great cathedral in the heart of the city, countless Imperial and heretical souls littered the streets, daemons of rot and undead citizens fought the combined forces of the Inquisition and the Black Templars. The sky was the color of vile, the very air toxic to an unaugmented human and the very ground that they fought on was starting to show signs of decay. This world would become a staging ground for daemons to spread their contagion around nearby systems, bolstering their numbers and feeding more power to their Lord of Rost and Decay, the battle that will transpire in this cathedral will be the pivoting point, if the sector will belong to the living or the undead.

It shall end where it all started, here in the very foundation of this once glorious cathedral, where an altar has been erected for worship to the Chaos god of Rot and Decay, by cultist dedicated to their festering master. The Marshal charged forward, slowly picking up speed, his Terminator Armour crushing the tiles under his boots into powder, the more strides he takes the more faster he gets, his speed accelerating as he depresses the activation rune of his ancient Power Sword, the Hell spawn raised its sword high in a two-handed grip preparing to smash him into the ground. The creature swung and caused a powerful shock wave that reverberated throughout the entire cathedral as the gigantic daemon sword connects with the Marshal's Storm Shield, then Marshal swung with his blade, opening the midsection of the vile daemon in a spray of pus, ooze and entrails. The sword embedded itself in the daemons abdomen but became stuck there fast, the scent of the daemons burning flesh could be smelled throughout the altar, nauseating toxic and dangerous, as the Marshal tries to pull his blade free, but a Terminator sized fist, rammed him at his flanks sending him across the room dislodging his shield and sending it clattering onto the ground. His sword, which was torn free from the daemon's blow was now embedded between him and the vile creature, he slowly got up, his faith in the Emperor of Man driving him on. Spitting blood from his mouth, he knew that two of his ribs were broken, his left arm numb where the fist connected, and his left shoulder has been dislocated, as he breathed, he could tell that one of his lungs have been punctured. He was now injured and disarmed, facing one of the most powerful creatures that has ever threatened the Emperor's rule over mankind.

He growled angrily but grinned... he's had worse.

The foul beast on the other hand seems completely unfazed by his seemingly fatal blow, it grimaced as the hole where its insides were exposed sealed itself shut, a mouth horrifyingly wide grinned sharp needle like teeth which filled it from top to bottom, a long drooling tongue slicked out of its mouth and licked its hell forged sword further covering it with toxic bile. With a slow waddle as opposed to the knights strides, the Daemon charged, slow and waddling but every step was shaking the entire cathedral to it's core. The Knight dashed forward, moving as fast as his bulky Terminator Armor could provide, he reached his sword and pulled it free from the ground just as the daemon swung its weapon downward trying to cleave the Marshal into two, the Marshal managed to block the attack with his own sword at the last moment, his enhanced muscles aching against the earth shattering blow. The monster swung again, it was  gaining momentum with every blow, and blocking every strike coming at him was all he could do, he deflected a mid-swing aimed at his sides, each blow could divide a Leman Russ Battle Tank into pieces. The Marshal was an enhanced genetically altered super-human made by the Emperor to be the finest among all of his soldiers, but despite all the might given to him when he was transformed into a Space Marine he could not compare to the might of a warp fueled Daemon Prince, as he kept fending off the daemons onslaught he started to waver, pushed back as the creature swung at him repeatedly, he gritted his teeth as he realized that he was giving ground against this monstrosity. His bones ached. his muscles were weakening, and even though he was stopping every strike his armor was still starting to crack against each blow, he looked at the beast's face, layered with ooze and covered with rot and saw two misshapen doll-like eyes, black and lifeless gazing at him with glee, and he knew that it was merely toying with him.

The creature spoke, taunting him "Weakling mortal, you dare challenge me, you dare oppose my Master, fear not mortal all are welcome under grandfather Nurgles embrace. Come take death, and we will take you to him, he awaits your soul. You no longer need to serve your carrion lord, your Emperor is long dead, and when we take your home world we will feast on his bones..."

N'krug swung again , but this time instead of parrying the blow, the Marshal met it with his own. Now instead of blocking he was swinging back at the creature, each blow being met in the middle, a last desperate push from the knight who put all of his wrath, hate, disgust, experience and faith into every swing. The Daemon has had enough of the little flea before it and with a blow that was meant to be end this little duel, he fell upon the little Marshal with his titanic sword, but the Marshal was not done and with with the very fiber of his being he met the daemons blow with an earth shattering strike of his own. The Daemonic Weapon shattered into fragments, exploding with a force equivalent to a grenade, the Marshal renewed with the loss of the daemons weapons kept up the charge, he kept on attacking with all his fury, swinging his sword at the daemon who was weakened upon the loss of the weapon that bound it into existence, against this crazed champion all he could do was take the blows with his slowly dissolving flesh. The Daemon's entrails started spilling onto the ground, its blood splattered on the walls and started pooling in the crevices surrounding the altar, bits and pieces of it was being flung in all directions as the Marshal kept on bringing his sword down upon the oozing hissing beast, he didn't stop until whatever was left of it was now nothing more than a smoking pool of blood and organs unrecognizable for the mighty Daemon Prince it was before. The Marshal, terrifying and monstrous in his own way, embedded his sword on the ground where the center of the creature's face laid. He gazed at the pool of blood in front to his armoured boot, where a single yellow eye, that used to belong to N'krag the Foul stared at him with its lifeless glaze, he picked it up in his armoured gauntlet and said.

"The God-Emperor lives foul daemon and you and your kind will know to fear his name" before crushing the eye in his massive fist.

The Daemon has almost completely dissolved, it oozed slowly back into the warp... a hatred against the Black Templars embedded in its bones, but with it... fear.

This guy is my very first Marshal, you can see that I wasn't really thinking about builds and tactics and weapons back then, and my painting was still novitiate :tongue.:
I just wanted a very big guy with a Sword and a Shield, because that attracted me the most when it comes to 'Knight-ly' themes.

Anyway hope you enjoyed and comment as always.

@Zyth23: Like I've told Arthanor, I just ended up with those guys... I don't know where they originally came from, they were useful though so I kept them :tongue.:

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! I actually have that model as well, never painted him up. Good to see an excellent example to inspire! The detail work on the cloak/coat is amazing. Excellent highlighting and good use of shades/wash. Lot of depth and time there.

Really like the marshall as well. Sometimes I just hit the like button if I don't have time to comment. (sometimes I browse on the phone!)

My fav parts on the marshall are all the extra bits, which make his terminator armor seem much more elaborate then standard...and the power sword, which has a really nice lightning effect.

I like your painting style, as it somehow makes the black look vibrant? Maybe it's the really bright colors. Either way, definitely stands out! If you can, try to get some tabletop shots if you can. I bet the models look really good on a nice board!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Friday came and went and yet no pictures or further information has been posted... and for that I simply apologize brothers...

there was just too much going on in real life, but right now... I'm back with some colorful updates :wink:

1st things 1st... I wrote down another addition to the fluff of my Crusade:

Chapter 3: Broadcast...

The men aboard the Sword of Retribution were on edge, every Astartes on board knows the importance of Jerulas as both an Industrial world and as a symbol of the martial might the Black Templars. The Crusader Pattern Land Raider saw its first action during the Templar's Crusade on that world, bringing the entire planet to heel in a matter of weeks where before they were holding their hive cities against the combined assault of the Imperial Guard and the Black Templars for months. The enemy guns were no match to its impenetrable armor, and their walls and redoubts were reduced to rubble after being obliterated by its bulk. But its true value was found in its capability to deliver the Emperor's mighty black clad Knights en masse into the enemy lines, they used the tank for breaching the enemy fortifications, showering the enemy with shrapnel from their Frag Assault Launchers and providing transport for large numbers of Space Marines clad in ancient Tactical Dreadnought Armour that are necessary for fighting in the close confines of the streets in the rebellious Hive World. This victory sealed the effective use of the tank, not only in the Black Templars Chapter, but also to other Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes that got a hold of the Crusaders design; the Land Raider Crusader and Jerulas became a potent symbol of the Black Templars might and ingenuity in the face of challenges. To attack the planet where this potent symbol of Templar strength was born, meant that someone has declared war upon the entire Black Templars Chapter, and they did not take this slight well.

Marshal Hydatius was on full battle armor as he sat on the command throne of his Battle Barge, the Sword of Retribution, it is a relic of the distant past, a battleship under the command of the Imperial Fist Legion since before the time of the Horus Heresy and was passed on to Sigismund after the events of the Iron Cage together with other ships including the famed Eternal Crusader, it has traveled from one end of the galaxy to another, witnessed the siege of the Imperial Palace and fought against countless void wars, it’s sides mark are pockmarked with scars and battle repairs from its latest mission against the aliens of the Nemerian System, a twelve kilometer long ship bedecked with weapon mounts, hangar bays, chapel spires and training halls where 300 knights train, eat and wage war from. It’s Commanders were silent, their Lord reading the message they have received from Chapter Command, he’s blood was boiling, his eyes were lit with wrath and anger. He was there with High Marshal Ludoldus when the Crusader was first used in combat, he fought and lost brothers in that world, he could still smell its ash ridden atmosphere as they burned the countless dead of the guard and the renegades, he was there in the thickness of battle, bleeding for the glory of the Emperor, he was there when Ludoldus, predecessor of Kordhel, took the Crusader Tank and reaped bloody vengeance against the traitors, he looked upon his left gauntlet and there etched into the plate was the name of the world that he bled for, Jerulas. To him this attack is personal. All the men and mortals on the bridge were silent, only the cogitators and the idle hum of the engine and the constant clicking of servo-motors could be heard. Some were just waiting for the Marshals orders, most of the Astartes were also silent, enraged about this atrocity and infuriated by the coward who tarnished the glory of their Chapter. The silence was suddenly disturbed by a message alert from one of the Servitor Nodes, the Marshal nodded and the servitor announced that a long ranged message was being sent to them from Chapter Command. Marshal Hydatius gave the verification and authorization codes and asked the Servitor to display the message on the primary hololith screen. The message showed the granite hard features of High Marshal Kordhel, Chapter Master of the Black Templars.

High Marshal Kordhel was a terrifying man to behold, he has rock-hard features with a strong jaw, fleet cheek bones such as that seen on cliff faces, a thick brow which carries a circlet marked with the Templar cross in the middle, a long scar dissecting his face from the forehead to his right cheek and bright piercing blue eyes that penetrates into your soul as he judges you, he was resplendent in his golden Astartes battle-plate, a Mk. III variant marked with Aquila icons, heraldic crosses and purity seals, a cape hung on his back, red as blood, he was the Lord of all Templars, a Knight King, and his will was theirs to follow. He was sitting on his Command Throne aboard the Eternal Crusader, surrounded by chapter serfs, and floating servo skulls carrying quills and paper, incense burners or electro-lanterns, a Knight in the panoply of a Chaplain carrying a massive relic hammer stood on his left, while another warrior with a massive two-handed onyx tinted sword planted between his feet stood on his right.

++ Brothers, this is a broadcast to all Black Templars, to every Crusade Fleet, every Chapter Keep and every single one of you who shares the blood of Dorn and the teachings of Sigismund++

The High Marshal’s voice was hoarse and loud, like the sound of pealing thunder or the roar of bolters, but it is clear and in his tone, you could clearly discern the anger and hate he was emanating. The Marshal quickly ordered the servitor to relay the message to the broadcast network of the Sword of Retribution so it can be heard by everyone on board.

++ I have received grave news, a world that we have shed our blood in, Jerulas, is gone. I was there when the Crusader first rode against the enemies of the Imperium, I was there with my predecessor, when we scoured the world of the heretics that rebelled against the Emperor's might. Many of our Brothers were sacrificed, there in Jerulas, during the Crusade, their names written in our hall from where I relay my message to you, their names calling out for justice and vengeance against this enemy. Jerulas was a world where we gave our blood and oaths in return for its retribution in the eyes of the Emperor, and now nothing remains of it but ashes and dust, the empty husk of the glory honour of our fallen brothers.

My Brothers, I declare a new Crusade and Marshal Hydatius of the "previous" Nemerian Crusade shall lead it. They are to find this cowardly filth who dared taint the glory of our Brothers sacrifice, be him Xenos, traitor or Heretic they shall deliver to them the Emperor's justice and spread his ashes into the cold air of oblivion, let him feel our wrath and the fury of our brothers who fell on that world, we shall suffer not this unclean filth to live but they shall make sure that they suffers before their end.

To Marshal Hydatius, may the glory and wrath of the Emperor be with you and may the Honour of Dorn guide your way.
I have one command for you and your Crusade.
Find and destroy this enemy brother, and seek vengeance for the fallen of Jerulas.
I renew your Crusade and birth it with a new name.

Glory to Sigismund! Glory to the Vengeance Crusade!++
I don't know if you've read it, but give me a comment on what you think about it... I am slowly building up to the exciting parts, so if it's going too slow for you... then don't worry... things 'heat up' in the next chapter :wink: Also, his voice is supposedly Ian Mckellen-ish... sort of a Gandalf-y voice.

And another paint update to my Crusade. Remember the 'Heroes of the Vengeance Crusade' post I did a while back featuring the Marshal's Honour Guard in WIP, well I got them all finished with a nice set of details on them... I like the idea of Templar Honour Guards each having their own distinctive insignia that sets them apart from normal Command Squads, their own heraldic markings that says their legacy and those that succeed them carry this legacy and heraldry and have to ensure that honor and glory is achieved for it.

Well here they are in a group shot with Marshal Pendraco, Master of Sanctity Reginaldus, and Emperor's Champion Balian.

And here they are individually

+Tuor+

+Heraldry+

The Sword Master of the Honour Guard, he believes in the saying "The more, The merrier" and is therefore one of the reasons why he brings Bolt Pistol, wrist Bolter, and 2 Power Swords. He has mastered them all and has become an expert in well rounded offense and defense even against multiple opponents. 

+Onias+

+Heraldry+

Onias is an Honour Guard who seldom unsheathes his sword. He is almost legendary at ranged warfare and has garnered more honors in ranged combat than all the Crusade's Veteran Sergeants combined. Some of the Honour Guards eschew him for his preference for range, but he shouldn't be underestimated in melee, he is more than capable and once he unsheathes his sword... it could only spell doom for his enemy

+Palladius+

+Heraldry+

He is the Hammer of the group, both literally and philosophically. He is the one that usually hits the enemy lines first, swinging his Power Maul with the brute strength and ferocity that would put any Ork Nob to shame. He is the brunt member of the Honour Guards, usually tactless and insensitive he speaks whatever he wishes, but is usually right when he does so.

+Theodoro+

+Heraldry+

Theodoro is the most honourable among the Crusaders of the Honour Guards, he would rather fight squarely with an opponent, even if that opponent did not think to fight fair. He would rather duel with an opponent rather than fight them in a group. When he sees an enemy beneath him that seeks to challenge him though, woe betide the poor fool for Theodoro would rather dispatch the poor wretch with impunity than tarnish his Honour by dueling with such unworthy foe.

+Vivar+

+Heraldry+

He is the apprentice of Master of Sanctity Reginaldus, he has most of the recommendations for Chaplaincy but has been drafted by Marshal Pendraco for his Honour Guard for his sheer ferocity and fiery oratory in the heat of battle. It is not all the time that Reginaldus would be with the Honour Guards in the thick of battle, and sometimes having a Chaplain, even an apprentice, shouting Oratories of Faith and Litanies of Hatred fighting right at your side could turn the tide between Victory and Death.

+Xander+

+Heraldry+

Xander was once a Techmarine in service to the Crusade's Master of the Forge, after the battle at Devil's Gulch, where he defiantly fought alone in a battle bunker surrounded by Tyranid bio-organisms, he was drafted by Marshal Pendraco as his Honour Guard for his fighting skills and his tenacity and knowledge of Machines.

+Ruptosh+

+Heraldry+

He is the Executioner of the Honour Guard, wielding his mighty battle Axe into the fray he slays any enemy of Humanity that he comes across with, charging headlong with Palladius into combat and destroying all of their enemies in their wake. Unlike Palladius though, Ruptosh keeps only to himself, the only sound he makes is when he unleashes his fury upon his enemies in the battlefield.

+Bertrand+

+Heraldry+

Bertrand is the best swordsman in the Honour Guard, nearly on par with the Emperor's Champion himself, he is precise and agile even with the mighty two-handed relic blade in his hands. He is masterful in the art of the sword, every swing, thrust and blow a fatal movement of its own culminating in the total defeat of any foe he would cross swords with.

+Jon+

+Heraldry+

Jon's introduction into the Honour Guard was both a mystery and a surprise, when Pendraco was still a Castellan and the Crusade answered to Marshal Godhlem he was the first to be drafted as his Command Squad and Champion in his Honour Guard. When Pendraco claimed the mantle of Marshal of the Crusade, he stepped down from the rank of Champion but maintains his position as one of the finest members of the Honour Guard.

+Janistor+

+Heraldry+

Janistor became the Banner carrier of the Honour Guard after his commendable last stand at the Crusade's campaign against the Orks of Thror's Anvil, with only five members of the Sword Brethren Command Squad, he rallied and fought off hundreds of greenskins without letting the Battle Company Standard fall, they found all other members of the Command Squad dead, and him standing atop the mound of dead aliens with knives and weapons sticking in the vulnerable parts of his armor, not dead, but unconscious... and not letting the ragged, blood and soot covered Banner touch the ground.

Unfortunately I couldn't justify giving a Terminator Armored Chaplain the Teeth of Terra anymore... he was just too much of a points sink and not effective enough in combat... so I keeled over and gave him the usual Storm Bolter instead. you can view him here: 

Again... sorry for the long post and the links, but B&C only allows certain number of photos... and that's all my update for now! hope you enjoyed it! and here's a parting shot of Marshal Pendraco in my last game about to smack a Tau Commander into oblivion with his Thunder Hammer

KEEP CRUSADING BROTHERS! AND I AWAIT YOUR RESPONSES... FOR ETL III! :wink:

edit: a lot of links were not working :tongue.:

Wonderful work brother. I really like your honour guard and the fluff for them all. You can defenatly see that they have many a battle under their belts and are deserving of their titles.

HLVW

So much character to them, truly inspiring. The only problem is when you field them in battle: not all opponents quite 'get' it if you're stood there staring at the 1 on a die bellowing 'Bertrand! Noooooo!'

Seriously though, I really like them :D

Your honor guard is worthy of their own line of novels.  They defy my ability to form coherent descriptive sentences.  This is about all I can come up with.

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

I love the Honor guard! Great fluff and names to go with them.  Did you greenstuff the cloaks and half tabards?  I also spied some Scibor stuff in there, nice use of alternative parts!

So much character to them, truly inspiring. The only problem is when you field them in battle: not all opponents quite 'get' it if you're stood there staring at the 1 on a die bellowing 'Bertrand! Noooooo!'

Seriously though, I really like them :biggrin.:

I know what you mean! I was playing against Tau last week and they got flamed really bad when a squad of battlesuit Deepstriked into battle... only 5 survived and I had to keep Vivar in there just to make sure the squad doesn't fail their morale check... I rolled double 1's :D I'm sort of superstitious when it comes to this squad, at first I didn't really care who's role is what, but as I kept on playing with them they kept developing this character in my games. Whenever Vivar is there they kept on passing Ld and Pinning Tests, even against all odds, Ruptosh and Palladius keeps on making their Assault distance even when the enemy has the 'Grav Wave Generator' objective, in a game against GK Theodoro stood alone against a squad of Palladins, taking 1 down each turn after surviving blow after blow after blow. There are other tales of them in my games, some of them lame some more epic than the rest...

What I won't forget is when Bertrand was standing as my Honour Guard Champion and dueled against Chapter Master Marneus Calgar... he hit him 4 times, and had 4 Rending attacks and rolled 1,2,2,1 for his Invulnerable... me and my opponents jaws dropped... I still can't do the same thing again... but he always manages to weaken (if he can) the enemy champion (by atleast 1 Wound) before dying against them.

I love the Honor guard! Great fluff and names to go with them.  Did you greenstuff the cloaks and half tabards?  I also spied some Scibor stuff in there, nice use of alternative parts!

The cloaks were all greenstuffed, some of them actually didn't come off as I wanted, or became too thin because I was on my last set of GS. but I got it back to what I want with liquid GS... that thing is Heaven sent!!!

There is also only 1 GS tabard, the one that belongs to Vivar, all the rest are either from the BT upgrade sprue or pre-attached to the GK legs.

And thank you all, I glad you liked them :D

I'll be working on for now with the stuff for ETL III so no painting till then :p

Nice! I love it when people knock the stuffing out of Calgar... He was deathstar with Tigurius and honour guard in my last game against ultras, and he scraped the win in the seventh turn... My dread wounded him once, but the drop-pod wounded him twice! (One storm bolter round, and then when it exploded!)

I'd have loved to take him on with my marshal, but alas the coward fled and Tigurius denied the challenge too. :(

Greetings once more Brothers! Another challenge has been issued once again... by Capt. Semper of the Dark Angels... the challenge of ETL III... I am ready!!!

Last year I vowed this:

Don't ask me for the points... I can't remember :tongue.:

and now I vow this:

(I do have a sword... but it won't fit with all the clutter on the table... :wink: but these two 'Black Templar Bibles' should suffice)

• Castellan Tychon (Captain) - with Relic Blade, Bolt Pistol, Artificer Armour, Auspex, Meltabombs and a Space Marine Bike - [165 pts.]
  • Techmarine Mex - with a Power Axe and Auspex - [70 pts.]
  • Crusader Squad Alledro - 9 Initiates - Power Weapon - Meltagun + 1 Sword Brother with a Power Claw + 9 Neophytes - [280 pts.]
  • Drop Pod - Deathwind Launcher - Locator Beacon - [60 pts.]
  • Drop Pod - Deathwind Launcher - Locator Beacon - [60 pts.]
  • Drop Pod - Deathwind Launcher - [50 pts.]
  • Land Raider Redeemer Terminus Ignis - Multimelta and Extra Armour - [260 pts.]
  • Stormraven Gunship Crimson Zeal - Searchlight - Locator Beacon - [215 pts.]
  • Roc Pattern Stormeagle Gunship Prima Aquilae - Multimelta and Searchlight - [311 pts.]

Total: 1466 pts.

I vow that I will do more vows this year than I did last year :tongue.: (I only did 1 big vow...)

although I got to build some of them first before I vow them... well good luck to you brothers and I hope you do well with your vows as well...

A little pep talk perhaps?

Brothers!!! Today we stand at the precipice of Victory! A challenge has been issued to us... a challenge to overtake them in their place as Champions of E Tenebrae Lux... they call it a 'challenge', I call it a mistake... the Emperor is with us! and together with the Angels of Death we are invincible... We will make the very paint they are using turn green with envy (that doesn't help us doesn't it....) We will shake their very forum with the amount of ZEAL that we will unleash... we will be but the Vanguard of their downfall... they cannot win... none can...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE EMPEROR! WITH FAITH, FURY and most of all ZEAL WE WILL CRUSH THEM WITH OUR MIGHT! Now I ask this of you Brothers... WHO SHALL TAKE UP THE BRUSH! WHO SHALL ANSWER THE CHALLENGE! STAND WITH US NOW!!!

RAISE YOUR BRUSHES! PAINT YOUR CRUSADER SEALS! LET ZEAL FLOW THROUGH YOUR VEINS LIKE THE VERY GENESEED THAT IT WAS WROUGHT FROM!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

• 4 months later...

I am ashamed Brothers... for even with my own pep talk and ZEAL I have failed to deliver my vows for ETL 3.0

Even if I had an accident I shall not make excuses... instead I shall make penance by painting the vowed items and their same amount of points in Black Templars...

"To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor" as the scribes have said... and if I paint any Chaos-y stuff due to my failings then I might as well burn myself as a witch :tongue.:

Those said models will be done... I am already on the process of finishing up the 20-man squad... but for now I give you the personal ride of the Marshal Pendraco and his Honour Guard.

Land Raider Crusader: Righteous Zeal

The Hymns we're calming. As I sat there with my eyes closed listening to our Brother-Chaplains words I could smell the incense that was billowing out through the air filters. I could feel the rumbling underneath my heavy Iron-clad Boots, could feel my brothers beside me as they too listened to the hymn and the litany. I could see a faint glow behind my closed eyelids as tac displays glowed and hear the cracking booms of our own vehicles guns as they mowed down the enemy ranks. Now my mind wanders to the day I received the right to board this mighty vehicle, the moment that I received a vision which seemed so real I could still taste the air and smoke, feel the earth and the heat of battle on the blood-soaked streets of distant Holy Terra, still feel my fingers clenched upon the oldest relic of our Chapter, still see with eyes that were not mine. Then the hymns stop, my wandering ceased and the voice of Marshal Pendraco wakes me from my stupor, "Brothers! Now is the time for glory! Make this the day that those Heretics remember each one of our Brothers names! Vengeance for Dorn! Vengeance for the Emperor!"

The Front Ramp slams down, I was the first one to exit the mighty vehicle, seeking the closest enemy I clove his helmet in two with my black blade... I look back to the golden troop compartment where my Brothers disembark, fury in their eyes and praises in their voices, and I say a silent thanks to the Spirit of the Righteous Zeal for this chance of glory. 

More pictures:

Sword Brother Law - The tank Commander of the Vengeance Crusade

ZEAL!

edit: maybe just 1 more :tongue.:

• 1 year later...

Hail Brothers,

It's been far too long since I've updated this thread... would it count as necrothreading if it was your original post?

I just have a question to ask... so far I have about quite the number of models that are using the older smaller bases for them... and the fact is I really don't want to change their bases since they have been sealed and might destroy their paint...

should I rebase them because GW feels compelled to do so or should I just stick to the older smaller base?

Thanks for any reply and a preview of what I've been working on for the next post...

I didn't have any of the new base when I worked on this guy, and he's using the old smaller base... when I found out that there were new bases, it was too late and he was done...

The 3 are Cenobyte Servitors and he is my proxy Grimaldus.

Also, I've finished the penance crusade for quite some time now but have never posted the finished models here... will do so once my data threshold has restarted :tongue.:

Nice, some classic models in there, and good use of the dialogus ;)

I must say I'm not bothered about the new base thing - I'd probably leave as-is.

Are we gonna get a proper crusade-shot? I love crusade-shots B)

• 3 months later...

*Blows dust away...

Throne of the Emperor... how long since I posted?

anyway, I vowed a redemption vow from ETL IV and here it is:

This was my original vow for ETL IV, unfortunately I wasn't able to complete due to reasons that I have already forgotten... :tongue.:

but I'll try and make it up for in this years ETL V.

Also, Knightfall + ETL V vow 1:

done!

Now for some inspiring words once more:

THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST! BATTLE BROTHERS, SPACE MARINES!

TODAY THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOORSTEP AND WISHES US TO LOSE THIS RACE...

HE IS ALREADY GLOATING, HE CAN TASTE HIS VICTORY...

BUT WHAT THEY FAIL TO SEE IS THAT THIS WILL BE THEIR LAST MEAL!

WE KNOW OUR DUTY AND WE WILL DO IT!

WE FIGHT FOR OUR HONOUR AS BLACK TEMPLARS, AS SPACE MARINES AND WE FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!

AND IF WE LOSE THEN WE LOSE IN GLORY, WE LOSE HEROICALLY -- BUT IT IS NOT US WHO SHALL TASTE DEFEAT!

MORE OF OUR BROTHERS ARE COMING TO JOIN THE FIGHT, BUT AS EVER OUR ENEMIES STILL OUTNUMBER US, EACH ONE OF YOU MUST BE AN ARMY IN YOUR OWN RIGHT.

WE ARE THE SPACE MARINES! WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S FURY!

inspiring video in this link:

Space Marine Tribute

now go vow and paint some Templars!

Part2 of post:

some in depth look at the "penance vow"

• Storm Eagle Prima Aquilae - A Stormeagle that takes it's roots back to the Legion days of old... it was the last produced Stormeagle for the Imperial Fist during the Great Crusade before the Fist decided to go back to Terra to reinforce the Palace. This flew over the Palace during the Siege and delivered both Death and Salvation to many Space Marines. It has never been shot down, and since Terra, has flown in the colors of the Black Templars (since some Templar Brethren decided to take it from the Fist after the 2nd Founding) through many worlds and many wars.

• Stormraven Crimson Zeal - this was a reclamation project from someone who painted this as a Crimson Fist Stormraven, I was going to keep it the same color but felt that the Templars could use additional landing vehicles for deploying the Crusade... the very small Crimson Fist contingent that I have can just hitch a ride in one of the Templar transports...

• Land Raider Redeemer Terminus ignis - the completely illegal Land Raider Redeemer that I have, and will probably never see the shining day of the battlefield... too bad too because it was meant to be the reliquary Command Squad and my version of Grimaldus' personal ride... in case you were wondering why - I extended the barrel of the Flamestorm Cannon to make it look more beastly, but unfortunately that was an illegal move for gameplay :tongue.:

• Three Drop Pods - nothing special about these... just felt I needed to hollow out the middle for the Dreadnought pods and keep the harness for the infantry one... also changed the color scheme for the Dread pods to have metallic instead of white panels for the fins.

• Techmarine Mek - who will be my Gunner for a future TFC

to be cont.

Looking good! It would be a terrible shame to not get that shrine-raider on the tabletop - just measure your templates from a pre-agreed part of the sponsons? Maybe that isn't tournament-compliant of course. Looking forward to what you can pull off for this year's ETL ;)

continuation:

to be cont....

P.S. hopefully we can pull off another win, but generally I will only vow stuff that I am going to use for my gaming... I got an 1850 pts. list that I want to run and there are some stuff there that are still left unpainted. Once, they are done, I might just settle my brush down a bit and get to atleast building all the plastic I got lying around at home... then get some FW goodness, including a THawk after the next tax refund... yes... Australia gives back your tax money during the end of financial year... :wink: Love this country... Funnel-Web Spiders and Salt Water Crocodiles and all...

PSS - if you could find out where the red lines above came from then you are truly a Black Templar.

continuation:

Castellan Tychon

The Space Marine bike revved, the engine roaring and its Machine Spirit was eager for battle. Numerous scrolls of purity and icons of veneration for the Emperor adorned this mighty steed of the Space Marines. And in opposition, its rider was silent, stoic, prayerful. Castellan Tycho was not a brash individual, he was a tactician, he didn't hunger for personal glory in the battlefield, he wasn't especially ambitious, he wasn't yearning, he was the complete description of a humble servant of the God-Emperor. He was a soldier and a great tactician, he views the battlefield as the ocean, changing tides, flowing from one form to another the shades different from one form to the next his weapons were faith and his shield was duty... but his strength lies in delivering the killing blow from an angle that no one expects. And he seizes the moment, in the blink of an eye he was gunning his engine, his Command Squad following behind him hurtling themselves into the enemies exposed black line, smashing through the rearguard and taking the alien commanders head without them realizing what happened. With their duty done, they run their bikes away once more from the field, leaving their brothers to push the advantage against a leaderless army... "Let the Marshals have their glory... our job for now, is done." would be his words.

• 1 year later...

*brushes off cobwebs, blows dust away...

It has been a literal year, since the last time I've updated this Crusade... and with the Photobucket issue... I think now might be the perfect time to refurbish and update this Crusade...

I'll have a full Crusade shot posted soon, I just need the terrain mat to go with my models to make them look pretty good...

The Crusade Badge at the initial page needs updating and the story has progressed so much...

but before all that...

just a preview of things to come:

http://i.imgur.com/iHzuIQJ.jpg

Original version w/o Photoshop

http://i.imgur.com/IgRRpGy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6fEdOLn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/45vmC1U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ms7M6k4.jpg

Update soon... hopefully with an "everything that has been painted to 100%" post too...

Oh, yes. This is something I've been looking to for some time. I remember that you mentioned in another thread about the 'forced' reset of your thread, due tu photobucket's policy change. Considering what I remember seeing, an army photo will be amazing and motivating*.

*And somewhat depressing, as it will show me -- and I believe, many of other crusaders in this community -- the long way that is before me.

Regarding the jump pack guy, the pose is very dynamic and the crusade badge on the shin is very cool; we really should add non-standard colours to our Crusaders more often. Also, the gage on the flamer going from red to orange is a great touch.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while and while the full Crusade shot is taking quite a while, here's a quick preview of what's been happening...

before:

xhrJx72.jpg

after:

OrHmvnk.jpg

As you can see I've been working quite a bit on non-helmeted members of my Crusade, and have been painting quite the number of faces quite recently... when I get around to Scions or Guard infantry I think I'll only go to this depth of detail rarely... mainly for Characters or someone important in the group... but I think I've improved quite a bit with my face painting to the point where I can be quite happy with it... I'll post some of the bare head Sword Brethren as well, but I'm afraid that since they were bought as pewter miniatures, some of the details on their faces were lost due to production....

Archived