I've noticed the change earlier in your miniature. It's nice to see the model again in entirety. There is so much detail that I find myself discovering something new every time I see it. Now I realised that I never really appreciated the aquila you painted on the lining of the cloak - amazing stuff.

I can't wait to see more and am glad to read that you're doing progress on your army, which gives you satisfaction.

• 2 months later...

A quick update, since I have to paint up the rest of the squad...

I've decided that if the army pic is going to come up, it has to also be a legally sized army with it's own backstory, and upon looking at the army configuration that I currently have, I realized that I don't have a 3rd Troop choice to go with my Battalion Detachment... so I had to quickly rummage and assemble a new Crusader Squad led by Brother Toph, the filigree Knight... (inspired by Brother Christopher's Sword Brother with filigree markings on his armor ;) )

r7RmrfF.jpg

The rest are coming soon, and his story will be edited in later...

• 10 months later...
I think "Justice is coming..." will be better. Vengeance is considered a selfish desire to right wrongs committed against yourself, while justice is considered a selfLESS desire to right wrongs committed against another- and a loyal Space Marine should devote himself to selfLESS service, lest wounded pride take him down the same path as Perturabo and other traitors.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realized the Photoshopped image was posted on the previous page with the same context :p
Have to look at my previous posts before posting more stuff...

I think "Justice is coming..." will be better. Vengeance is considered a selfish desire to right wrongs committed against yourself, while justice is considered a selfLESS desire to right wrongs committed against another- and a loyal Space Marine should devote himself to selfLESS service, lest wounded pride take him down the same path as Perturabo and other traitors.

It's Vengeance since this is the Vengeance Crusade, and they are actually hunting someone to avenge a fallen hero of the Chapter and stop the traitor from destroying the entire sub sector... their hunt is a selfish desire to see that certain enemy dead and ensure that his corruption and influence does not spread.

As an addition...
I posted this a while back on the Templar Facebook page for those who are just starting a Templar army or for those that are starting to collect any army for Warhammer games...

To those who are worried or dismayed that there isn't a lot of torso or helmet or arm parts for Black Templars, and have a hard time modeling Marines in general as most of them start to look repetitive with the same attire or embellishment, look no further than your own imagination, take these 3 Knights for example:
GoBgsZ6.jpg

Notice anything?

These Templars have the same exact tabard parts on them, but changing details and paint scheme made each of them look very unique from one another, so when you feel like your Marines are starting to look too similar to each other, then try using your imagination and creativity to change them up a bit, you can add some unique liveries, add some small or big crosses at certain areas of your miniature and look for inspiration from other peoples works, maybe it'll give you an idea on how to make more individualistic Templars for your army

Archived