Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

@ fire golem: It's never too late for a little flattery ;) Next time, feel free to drop me a comment over at the blog as well, though, because I seem to be getting fewer and fewer reactions over there, which can potentially wreak havoc upon my fickle motivation ;)

So I won't be able to do any painting until next weekend, which is why I at least wanted to start painting my second Call of Chaos model, the Iron Warriors Apothecary. The guy still needs some more attention, but here's what he looks like right now:

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-2.jpg

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-1.jpg

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-3.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Spiffy...

Terminator legs as a base?

++Legion Status++

Iron Warrior

++Designate++

Apothecary Phastos

++Wargear Status++

armour maintenance 90% complete....

++++

Ahem...sorry

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

@ fire golem: It's never too late for a little flattery ;) Next time, feel free to drop me a comment over at the blog as well, though, because I seem to be getting fewer and fewer reactions over there, which can potentially wreak havoc upon my fickle motivation ;)

So I won't be able to do any painting until next weekend, which is why I at least wanted to start painting my second Call of Chaos model, the Iron Warriors Apothecary. The guy still needs some more attention, but here's what he looks like right now:

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-2.jpg

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-1.jpg

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-3.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Spiffy...

Terminator legs as a base?

++Legion Status++

Iron Warrior

++Designate++

Apothecary Phastos

++Wargear Status++

armour maintenance 90% complete....

++++

Ahem...sorry

It's from the chosen in Dark Vengence I believe

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Teetengee: Indeed, I have. It seemed like a nice enough way to kill two birds with one stone ;)

@ Andvarr A: "Phastos", eh? Sounds suitably, Iron-Warrior-ly brutal -- I like it! And Angrypantz is right, by the way: The legs came from the Dark Vengeance Chosen champion (the guy with the cape and power maul).

Again, thanks guys! :smile.:

And kizz, yeah, that's a Skitarii head alright -- well spotted!

Awesome, it works so well! I think I'll have to have a look around on some bits sites to see if I can find some :tu:

@ fire golem: It's never too late for a little flattery :wink: Next time, feel free to drop me a comment over at the blog as well, though, because I seem to be getting fewer and fewer reactions over there, which can potentially wreak havoc upon my fickle motivation :wink:

I tend to drop a comment on your blog when I haven't already commented on the minis here, whichever comes up first to be honest. Would you prefer them on the blog? I tend to prefer them on the blog myself to be honest, hence I post less here.

It never fails to amaze me why someone would quote your entire post, with pictures and all, just to make a comment about it. A simple @KrautScientist or Re: Iron Waariors medic would suffice, no? :);):tu:

That being said: lovely, lovely Iron Warriors apothecary. Did you vow that guy in the Iron Without?

because I seem to be getting fewer and fewer reactions over there, which can potentially wreak havoc upon my fickle motivation

Sorry guilty there as nowadays I've usually commented here a fair bit during the WIP process.

The Iron warrior is looking the boss, not sure I'd fancy his ministrations.

We're all guilty of something these days :)

Yeah he does have a suitable "no matter what you do, this will hurt....a lot" look to him, which is amazing considering the minimalist converting that's gone into him.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Like all of my Iron Warriors so far, this guy really came together once I settled on the basic combination of the old metal Iron Warriors torso pieces and Dark Vengeance Chosen legs. These are definitely not true scale, but I like to refer to them as "true scope", in that they are very detailed and covered in lots of extra kit and equipment, in order to make them look like the ten millennia old veterans they are.

I wonder what the metal combination is? Must be refreshing to paint something other than red for a change - even though that's a topic that's already been covered :tongue.:

The silver was really easy to do! The model was undercoated with Chaos Black spray, then I sprayed Leadbelcher on top, then I washed the whole model twice, once with Army Painter Dark Tone, then with a 3:1 mix of Army Painter Dark Tone and Vallejo Smokey Ink. And with that, the silver was basically finished.

I tend to drop a comment on your blog when I haven't already commented on the minis here, whichever comes up first to be honest. Would you prefer them on the blog? I tend to prefer them on the blog myself to be honest, hence I post less here.

How about both? :wink:

It never fails to amaze me why someone would quote your entire post, with pictures and all, just to make a comment about it. A simple @KrautScientist or Re: Iron Waariors medic would suffice, no? :smile.::wink::thumbsup:

That being said: lovely, lovely Iron Warriors apothecary. Did you vow that guy in the Iron Without?

In this particular case, I am pretty thankful to Andvarr A for bringing this guy over to this page -- but I do realise this is a pet peeve of yours, so yeah. Like I said, I did vow this guy in The Iron Without, yeah. I've been looking for a reason to get back to work on that IW killteam for a while, and now that killteams are actually a thing again...

In the meantime, I snapped some pictures of the Apothecary's current state before heading out this morning:

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-5.jpg

iron-warriors-apothecary-pip-6.jpg

And just to give you an idea, here are my Iron Warriors models so far:

iron-warriors-killteam-wi.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

One was sinister enough...but now...that's just calling out to cause a galaxy of problems. Just a relentless march of precision destruction.

Heh I have my uses....sometimes....

I like the stone warhammer on the beastie in the back. Very "this will hurt you"

...now that j know one of auggie pet peeves, I might be more inclined to do it...just to wind him up mwahahahahaha >)

Edited by Andvarr A

Oh my, that apothecary is just perfect. Your Iron Warriors look great together - you should push this for a whole army, really top notch stuff :tu:

Like an allied detachment to lord lorimar's company? That would be cool...and would explain the maintenance on all the beast-machines

he definitely fits in there with the others and once based will be a great addition.

Have you looked at base adapters, those guys have so much bulk they look a little precarious on 25mm bases and the base adapters are a good way of extending to 32mm without needing to fully rebase. 

Thanks a lot, guys! I am actually slightly surprised that you like this guy so much: I did think he turned out alright, but he does seem to be crazy popular with you guys!

The last picture should work now, if you refresh the page, btw.

And since Mechanist mentioned it: I'll rebase these guys on 32mm, for the exact reason he mentioned. I wasn't content with the two finished bases anyway, so I'll be killing two birds with one stone.