Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Mechanist: Oh, it's totally something you should do! It really turns those little guys into actual characters instead of mere playing pieces.

@ Auggs: It's just a throwaway line, really, something about the West-Yropan flatlands. And the phonetic qualities of Raud's name ;)

@ Bubbles: Seeing how the whole project is firmly based on the Shadow War and the battles of Armatura and Nuceria, dead Ultramarines (and possibly their retainers) are all the fallen opponents you are going to see. As for him preferring to hunt xenos, keep in mind that Space Marines didn't get to kill their own kind until the outbreak of the Heresy, so what would he have hunted instead?

As for the rules, mate, I have no idea. The actual gaming angle only ever tangentially plays into my consideration, so I basically just go with what looks cool and seems thematically appropriate. I hope there'll be something around who is more into the rules than me to try and make sense of it all, if I ever get to the gaming table with these guys ;)

HHmmm idk he could have harponned (dont know how to say this xD) some kind of weird monster from fantasy as we most of the xenos durning the great crusade point are unknow to us and extinct now because of the crusade but dont worry about it it was just me going far to much into a little tiny detail that would have prob made it a less cool model.

So, just a small update for today, but I took some new pictures of my entire 30k World Eaters collection so far:

30k-world-eaters-early-2018-1.jpg

30k-world-eaters-early-2018-3.jpg

So yeah, certainly not an army yet -- but we may be getting there, one model at a time :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

Oke guys pls dont read the part where i complained about the dreadnaught is having an almost dead ultra smurf on its base and not a xenos...
As i just figured out (ok i didnt kraut told me xD) it is named in honour of me!
And now the ultra smurf is 10 times better as 80% of the 40k games i play are against a good friend of mine who plays surfs and i have murdered a lot of smurfs with my own helbrutes so yeah...
Anyways me in dreadnaught form in now 1/10th of krauts 30 world eaters force wich is a honour i dont deserve!

Yeah it fists really well on you could make me even happier by having the first mocckup of the inquisitor model you still own me!
(butt don't worry i don't mind waiting longer if it means you don't have to rush the model!)

:0 ! Thanks for the praise Kraut ! Really proud of making it to your 2017 favorites and to be a part of your Hunt !

I'LL have to be regular in 2018 if I want to honor that choice ^^.

Your article make me discover a lot of beautifull creation that I didn't know, as the terrific shadow legion from Lead plague *.*.

Once again great article and thanks a lot ! May you Hunt forever ;)

Malchy

The Eternal hunt awards 2017 was a great read Kraut!! some amazing work by people last year. 

Your 30k WE are coming along slowly but surely, I think armies like this end up looking better than the ones we rush to get out to play asap. Look forward to seeing what you add next :D 

Cheers, guys! :smile.:

@ Bubbles: Fair enough! I'll make it a priority project! :smile.:

@ DarkVen & Malcharion: Thanks a lot, you guys! By the way, you should both check this out. You might be pleasantly surprised :wink:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

You wrote so much praise I'd actually like to be that impressive guy you describe me as and get back on the Midnight Clad-wagon once more. I wish now my WhFB, Necromunda and Malifaux would magically be finished... :cry:

Oh wow, Thanks KS! Honestly I'm blown away :). That was a joy to read and I'm a bit lost for words. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed creating those models and am beyond pleased to be a part of the 2017 Eternal Hunt Review alongside these amazing hobbyists, some I know, others I will now be watching with interest - Thanks again KS :D

Nemac

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, especially to DarkVen, Nemac Vradon and Malchy -- if anything, I should be thanking you for sharing your amazing work with us! :) Knowing how big a role motivation and feedback play in this shared hobby of ours, I always try to give shout outs and point other people towards inspirational stuff -- who doesn't like to read some nice words about their work, after all? ;)

In other news, feeling so happy with my latest Contemptor has made me focus on my 30k World Eaters for a bit again: It felt like it would be a good idea to actualy focus on my tactical veteran squad again, at least until something shiny goes and distracts me ;)

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-1.jpg

I also built a new member for the squad, or rather: a replacement member:

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-2.jpg

You see, while the squad is a veteran squad, the guy on the right seemed a bit too flashy in hindsight, too much like a Triarii or a Rampager. So I forced myself to actually build a fairly vanilla bolter Marine -- although I tried my darnedest to make him as menacing as I could. I do think I've managed to succeed with that ;)

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-3.jpg

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-4.jpg

This guy also seemed like the perfect occasion for using that proof of concept Sarum pattern helmet I built and painted before tackling my own interpretation of 30k Khârn.

Oh, I also spliced together a "hand-less" boltgun to make sure the guy bearing the vexillum was fully equipped -- I occassionally enjoy ridiculous detail stuff like this:

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-5.jpg

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-6.jpg

So maybe, just maybe, I'll be working on these guys next:

world-eaters-tactical-veterans-wip-7.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Auggs: Aw, you know, everything has its pros and cons, doesn't it? ;)

@ Mechanist: Cheers, mate. You are probably right -- it's been the same way with the other models so far. It just takes so long to get to the stage where it becomes crazy fun, is all ;)

@ Sagentus: Cheers! Best boltgun design ever, right? :)