Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

@ Gederas: Glad to be of help! ;)

@ ElDuderino: Hmm, I don't think so -- when I still needed to figure out the optimum placement of elements (and the best possible configuration as well, including how many skulls to use, which cables to keep at all), I was really happy to have the biggest possible degree of flexibility, which leaving everything unglued did provide. That and I really wanted to keep the entire model still as modular as possible to make painting all those nooks and crannies easier later on  -- hopefully... ;)

@ Torbenos: Thanks, mate! That is high praise, indeed! :)

@ ElDuderino: ;P

@ Timotheus: Thanks, man! And yeah, the face is indeed from the Coven Throne vampires: I ended up with the face because I needed the hair for a different conversion, so I spliced it together with an IG (Sentinel pilot?!) cap. I've wanted to feature a female character in my chaos army for a long time, and this just seemed like the perfect opportunity!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, time for another update -- at long last, that is...

So,uhhh... looks like I blew my second ETL vow, thereby letting down my fellow frater on the RoC forum. That sucks, of course! Maybe I should have know that second vow was already a bridge too far -- but then I couldn't possibly have expected both of my parents ending up in the hospital, so there's that. Anyway, it's been a very tiring couple of weeks for me, and I wasn't really very productive on the hobby front, so I guess I've earned another year of sporting an Oathbreaker banner in my signature. Oh well...

That being said, it was kinda nice to finally have an incentive to paint my counts-as Huron Blackheart model, so the ETL did have a positive result for me after all, in spite of everything:

huron-blackheart-counts-as-9.jpg

The odd INQ28 kitbash notwithstanding, I have only returned to serious hobbying earlier this week, and have at least made a pretty good start on the next member of my "Hateful Eight" World Eaters kill team/berzerker squad/whatever:

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-2.jpg

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-1.jpg

Still a ways to go, but definitely getting there! As always, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers for the well-wishes, gents! I really appreciate it! The situation is still ongoing, unfortunately, so keep your fingers crossed for me, eh? ;)

@ Isengrin: Hearing you call the conversion elegant is high praise, indeed! :)

@ NOOBIENOOBLET: Yeah, he should be fun to finish alright -- he's more towards the back of the queue, however ;)

@ Gederas: Cheers, mate!

@ Markus_: Haha, yeah: The model actually probably uses equal amounts of WFB and 40k parts, but I find followers of Khorne can always get away with a somewhat archaic look ;)

@ ElDuderino: Guilty as charged, mate: The model was actually built years ago. It's one of my unpainted conversions that I feel still hold up next to the new CSM models, so it seemed like a good moment to finally put some paint on it. Oh, and to be fair, the guy did get a new axe while I was at it ;)

Anyway, just a small update for today:

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-5.jpg

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-3.jpg

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-4.jpg

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-6.jpg

Adding a backpack should be such a trivial thing, really, but in this case, it's what really makes the model read as an Astartes: He now has the silhouette and bulk he needs ;)

world-eaters-kitbash-pip-7.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Sorry to hear about your parents falling both ill, buddy. That sucks. I hope they're doing a bit better now... It's good to see you got at least some work done to relax and shift the focus of your mind a bit. And don't worry about the ETL - we've all been there. At least you had a good excuse? I didn't, unless Necromunda counts.... :)

Cheers, guys! Like I said, the situation is still ongoing -- although the main question now seems to be how long recovery is going to take for either of them. Wish us luck, I guess...

Sorry to hear about your parents. Hope they get well soon.

Did you a pick a name for your Huron?

D'oh! I never talked about that part, did I? You are quite right to point that out! In the end, I decided to go with AHorriblePerson's suggestion "Euron Hearteater" -- to the point that I've even already referenced the Hearteater angle in my earlier piece of fluff for the character -- see if you can spot the line :wink: But yeah, that's his name now. It was a rather organic process, too, where I realised I had begun to use the name for the character in the back of my head and said to myself: "Well, I guess that's who he is, then."

Many thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, though!

Edited by KrautScientist

Took me a good few hours to go through this thread page by page and just admiring your work, I don't regret it at all. If anything you inspired me to want to create some chaos traitor space wolves. It's funny Khorne chaos marines were the very first 40k mini's I got when I was younger, and then I jumped into space wolves not too longer after. Returning to the hobby after a good 15 ish years and those chaos space wolves you created are super cool, totally fired up about it. Again great stuff in here man you are beyond gifted!

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Kolgrim DeatHowl: Cheers for the kind words, mate! Building those Chaos Wolves was great fun back then, but I think it would be possible to come up with much cooler models using SW bitz and the new vanilla CSM kit -- I almost envy you ;)

How many times I have to tell you you are an inspiration? Your works gave me the will to come back to some old conversions to finish them (And Conquest could not have reached Italy in a more perfect time...Guess it's time to reopen my Sublime Sound Seekers Plog!) Also great work on the dark skin, I love the paintjob! And of course the general conversion.

You can also add a new fan in my wife!

Grazie mille, Filkarion! Those are some very kind words. I am blushing! Cheers to you and your wife! ;)

As it happens, I even have a small update for today, as I have finally managed to add the finishing touches to that World Eaters conversion I posted a while ago. Here's the guy:

2019-world-eaters-1.jpg

2019-world-eaters-2.jpg

2019-world-eaters-3.jpg

2019-world-eaters-4.jpg

2019-world-eaters-5.jpg

As I've said before, this model had been on my unpainted pile for quite a while, so it's great to finally have finished it! Here's the small collection of "new" World Eaters models I have so far:

2019-world-eaters-6.jpg

Plus I have already made a decent start on the next model in line. Here it is, with the base colours already mostly blocked in:

2019-world-eaters-7.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

I've been a bit of a lurker on you page for a while. Thought I'd best make a comment. I have to say I really like you conversion work and painting! I've taken lots of inspiration from it.

I want to thank you for writing your blog on chaos knights a while back too. I've just vowed a tyrant, rampager and 2 war dogs over in call to chaos. A lot of the conversion work came from examples you had found.