Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Cheers, guys!

Liking the guy with the shield buddy. Can't say I've seen that one before. Best parts for me are the head (a nice solution to a dodgy scaled bit) and the shield arm. Really like the chain on the front as well. Is the pauldron from the old WHFB hunchy chaos warriors?

Haha, sure is, buddy. I still have some bitz from that kit lying around after all this time: More or less my entire first (WFB) army was based on those hunchy guys :wink:

I am strarting to get the feeling that the WFB Chaos-range has some really nice stuff for 40k Chaos.

Absolutely! If you're going for the extra baroque and/or barbarian look, there's nothuing like using WFB chaos parts! Those Chaos Knights, for instance, are worth it for all the conversion bitz alone :wink:

EDIT: For those who haven't checked it out yet, new models on pg. 2 ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Although I am truly flattered, don't say that! You just have to test your wings with a couple of easier conversions and keep collecting inspiring stuff you have found online i a huuuge image folder. Then, one by one, you have to think about how best to adapt the stuff that inspires you to your own force, preferrably by giving it a slightly unique twist along the way. Before long, you'll be churning out conversions you would only have dreamed of before -- at least, that's what has happened to me over the last two or three years. There's always room for improvement, of course, but don't be afraid of starting small and then upping the ante as you go along ;)

Cheers, guys!

So, with most of my unpainted backlog now posted, let me move to the more recent, more involved WIP projects of mine:

First up, a squad that I realise could prove slighlty controversial, since the models are based on a kit that doesn't exactly seem to be popular around these parts. But I am getting ahead of myself. So what is this about?

As you might be able to tell from this thread, I have this strange compulsion to own an appropriate version of all (or at least most) of the unit selections in the Codex for my army. So far, this has made me convert a custom Dark Apostle and Warpsmith for the HQ slot, come up with some renegade Space Wolves to serve as “regular” CSM, and so on. The unifying idea behind all of this conversions is that I want each unit to be represented in a way that fits the overall background of my warband.

Yet the one unit type that had me stumped for the longest time were the Obliterators: It’s no secret that Obliterators are a rather valuable part of the Chaos Space Marine army list, but I really dislike the current models for these guys. And the mutated, fleshy look really didn’t fit the concept of my army (where mutation is kept to a minimum, due both to my aesthetic preferences and background reasons). I also didn’t want to go the easy route of simply getting some stock Obliterators, painting them in the colours of a different legion or warband, and using them as “allies”, because that seemed like a rather cheap cop out to me.

So I waited and collected pictures of Obliterator conversions I liked and quietly prayed for inspiration to hit. And I swore to myself that I wouldn’t use Obliterators until I had found a way of representing them on the table in a way that felt true to both my taste and the overarching concept of my army. I didn’t find such an option for the best part of two years.

But then, the new Space Marines were released, and the longer I looked at the (much-maligned) Centurions, the more I felt that these could be my ticket to finally building the Obliterators that I wanted: not mutated and unsightly giants, but hulking and baroque combat suits, a holdover from the more civilised days of the 12th Astartes Legion. So I started throwing around some ideas, and I ended up with a basic concept of what I wanted these guys to be like.

So I broke out the bitz box and endeavoured to make the stock models far more baroque (and also slightly barbarian in nature). And through a process of trial and error, I managed to build three counts as Oblitz.

Here are the first two:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/18/548302-Behemoths%2C%20Centurions%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Counts%20As.JPG

As you can see, I added several weapons to each of these guys to represent the flexibility in the Obliterators' wargear in a way that was less based on mutation. I also added some bitz that are recurring visual elements in my army, among them chaos marauder shields, Ogre gut plates (used as World Eaters symbols) and, of course, bunny ears.

And the third model (and possible squad leader, even though there's no such thing in a squad of Obliterators):

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/19/548535-Behemoths%2C%20Centurions%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Counts%20As.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/19/548534-Behemoths%2C%20Centurions%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Counts%20As.JPG

I had to get a little more creative in this case, in order to convert a plasma cannon (from the Dark Vengeance kit) for use on the model. I think I was reasonably successful, though:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/19/548536-Behemoths%2C%20Centurions%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Counts%20As.JPG

So why are those guys so different from "normal" Obliterators, and where did they come from? Here's the background that I came up with:

Behemoth Pattern Heavy Fire Support Suits

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/9/29/542578-Behemoths%2C%20Centurions%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Counts%20As.jpg

Even in an army as focused on combat at close quarters as the World Eaters‘ 4th assault company, there are those who hunt by different means. These brothers of the company are called the Behemoths, and they are an enigma to even their brethren.

During the Great Crusade, the armies of the Legiones Astartes were faced with an ever increasing number of deadly adversaries. Often enough, wars were only to be won by attrition, and the head-on assaults led by the death seeking Primarch Angron were threatening to bleed the 12th Astartes legion dry before long. While Angron seemed oblivious or even indifferent towards such concerns, there were those among his officers who sought a more balanced kind of warfare, at least until the bite of their
Butcher’s Nails consumed the remnants of their sanity.

It is said that, during this time, First Apothecary Fabrikus himself experimented on a number of battle brothers, trying to adapt their cranial implants to a different kind of fight. These warriors were outfitted with heavy combat suits, almost on par with the fabled Dreadnoughts. Their suits were equipped with a plethora of heavy weapons, and where the regular World Eaters would throw themselves at the enemy with wild abandon, the so-called
Behemoth squads would hang back and lay down a barrage of heavy fire.
For Fabrikus had changed the battle brothers’ minds yet again, hardwiring their implants to their weapons systems. The members of the Behemoth squads started to find grim joy in killing, just like the rest of their legion, but the greatest joy for them was to pick out enemies
from afar, tearing through flesh and steel alike with bursts of laser fire and plasma, and seeing a red marker turning green in their
targeting recticles.

The Behemoths remained a highly experimental unit that only saw limited use during the Crusade and subsequent Heresy: The weapons systems they were outfitted with proved too difficult to maintain during the arduous campaigns, and Angron would always favour a more hands-on approach in any case. Only few of the valuable suits have endured over the millennia, and only those warbands of the XIIth Astartes legion who still count a Warpsmith or Dark Mechanicus ally among their numbers can hope to make any kind of use of this hallowed equipment. For most members of the World Eaters, the kind of warfare exemplified by the Behemoth squads remains forever beyond their reach, replaced by frenzy and costly head-on assaults. Yet within the ranks of the 4th assault company, some of the Behemoths have endured, and in
Khorne's Eternal Hunt, have become hunters in their own right.

These frightening giants still fill the role of heavy fire support, yet the long centuries and millennia have wrought havoc upon their minds: Growing ever more divorced from their humanity, Behemoths are more machine than man, gripped by a tranquil fury where their regular
brethren are frenzied. They can only perceive life through their targeting systems, and each situation becomes an equation that can only be solved by heavy fire. They tend to see living beings as either targets or inconsequential elements, even referring to their battle
brothers as “fleshkin”.

When away from the battlefield, the Behemoths are normally content to spent time in deep, deathlike sleep. They dream of worlds burning and planets shattering under a barrage of heavy fire, while the other members of the company take relief in the knowledge that their troubled brethren are not at large. Even in an army of frenzied killers, the Behemoths are perhaps the most inhuman of all, since for them life and death are the only variables at any given time, and death is always the preferable outcome…

As always, thanks for looking and stay tuned for more! And let me know what you think, of course!

Very nice. Been trying to figure out something Slaanesh wise myself. The original oblits are horrible things. Squatting and seriously in need of new sculpts. You've managed to do something special (as usual).

Since the realease of the centurions, I though it would be great to see em ripped into chaos, the idea of them being obliterators hadn't even crossed my mins, but these are awesome. I really like the head on the end of your 'leaders' plasma cannon, where's that from? I feel my bit box is lacking In many places haha. Fantastic work as usual

Cheers, muggs! ;)

With the custom Obliterators out of the way, I would like to show you the second big project I am currently working on for my World Eaters. It''s a pretty long running project too, that started out as merely wanting to do something productive with some leftover bitz and then quickly spiralled out of control, as will occasionally happen with my hobby endeavours. So what is this about?

Everything started over a year ago, when my cousin Andy gave me a WFB Chaos Lord on Manticore for my birthday. Now it shouldn’t surprise anybody that I quickly found a use for the fantastic Chaos Lord bitz that came with the kit: Some were used to create a wretched Chaos Sorcerer (to be used as a traitorous Primaris Psyker for my Traitor Guard), some others went into the creation of a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut that I have yet to show you.

But when all was said and done, there was still a whole Manticore left, and I didn’t really have any good ideas for that guy: He was simply too fantasy to be seamlessly absorbed into one of my 40k projects. The one idea that seemed to have some merit, then, was to try and use him for building something daemonic.

You see, my Khornate army is fairly short on daemons. And there’s a reason for that, of course: The image I have of my army doesn’t gel all that well with the stock daemon models: The warriors of the 4th assault company are doing their damnedest to keep functioning as a coherent fighting force, so it’s hard to picture hordes of daemons prancing around among them. If I were to use any daemons, they would have to fit the look and feel of my World Eaters, and the most obvious way of achieving that would be to make them fit the underlying metaphor of Khorne’s Eternal Hunt. So instead of regular Bloodletters, I might use packs of (slightly) daemonic hounds, hunting ahead of the legionaries. And instead of a standard Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince, I might use a huge daemonic beast an Avatar of the Hunt, if you will — hence my original idea to use the Manticore in that capacity.

However, my plan to build a four-legged monstrosity – not unlike a titanic Flesh Hound of Khorne – didn’t quite get off the ground: I would simply have needed too much sculpting to make that work, something far beyond my abilities (and my patience). So back into the box the Manticore went.

But then I came into the possession of some leftover Maulerfiend bitz, and my creativity was rekindled: What about using those to turn the Manticore into a hulking, biomechanic monster? Here's my attempt at doing just that:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/11/13/556245-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/11/13/556242-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/11/13/556243-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/11/13/556244-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

As you can see, the combination of the Manticore body and the legs and arms from a Maulerfiend led to a hulking, almost apelike silhouette. While the model seemed malproportioned and brutish, I rather liked the look, though. It also got me thinking what this model would actually represent in my army, beyond simply being a way of using some leftover bitz.

The idea I came up with was that this monster would be used whenever a champion gets transformed into a Daemon Prince by a roll on the Chaos Boon Table. Now you might say that a) that seems to be a pretty specific and limited use for a model of this size and b) this monster doesn’t really fit the established look of a DP, right? Hear me out on this:

You see, A Daemon Prince doesn’t really fit the background of my army for several reasons: Lord Captain Lorimar is the supreme commander of the 4th, for one, so there wouldn’t possibly be any DP with more authority than him, least of all serving under him. What’s more, I feel the ascension to daemonhood wouldn’t necessarily be seen as a boon by the warriors of the 4th: The legionaries have done their best so far to keep mutation and madness at bay, rather electing to remain “human”, for lack of a better word. For them, being elevated to daemonhood would not be an ultimate price to be craved, but rather a horror not so far removed from the curse of spawndom. And with its hulking body, the WIP model seemed to reflect that: Where a “normal” Daemon Prince is a sinister, darkly angelic figure, and an embodiment of chaotic power and boundless ambition, I wanted my DP to look like this huge, malproportioned monster that is part ape, part hound and part Astartes. I imagine that, upon ascending, all the rage and fever for the hunt that a member of the 4th assault company has been bottling up for so long will overflow and turn him into a huge hunting beast, mindless and terrible.

The model's not finished yet, of course, escpecially when it comes to the base: The finished model will probably be gripping some crushed masonry (or maybe an equally crushed loyalist Astartes) in its right fist — as a matter of fact, the longer I keep working on this guy, the more questions arise. But even though some parts of the model still need to be sorted out, I rather like the overall effect. It is an eclectic creature, to be sure, but eclectic and malproportioned was what I was going for in the first place ;) I also think that, with a bit more work, this could really become yet another model to define the specific look and feel of my army, and I like that a lot!

And in gaming terms, I imagine the model could even be used as a reasonably convincing GD or Maulerfiend: Maybe that spiky tail could even count as lasher tendrils…?

Anyway, I realise that this model might be a bit of an acquired taste. But working on it has taught me a lot, and actually using these bitz for something is certainly preferable to keeping them in my cupboard of shame forever, right?

That said, I’d be happy to hear any thoughts and ideas you might have! Let me know what you think!

And, as always, thanks for looking and stay tuned for more!

The fluff peice on the behemoths is great. I got all worked up reading it. And the models themselves really do justice to the name and fluff.

The matic-ape I dont like, however. Looks a bit too much like a matic-ape to me :P

@ Natanael, Haha, fair enough, mate. I was quite aware that the model wouldn't make everybody happy ;)

Anyway, here's the third big current project I've been working on lately:

World Eaters riding juggernauts of Khorne, often referred to as “Brazen Knights”, are a bit of an ongoing dream for those of us who have pledged themselves both to the Blood God and the XIIth Astartes Legion. Even the fact that no rules for using such a squad on the table are available doesn’t stop hobbyists all over the world from building their own version of this Khornate cavalry. As a matter of fact, I myself also built and painted a test piece some time ago:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/6/20/379381_sm-Brazen%20Knight%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Juggernaut%2C%20Khorne.JPG

My original plan was to add a couple of models to form an entire squad, but for some reason the plan fell by the wayside for a while, and then GW went and released their spectacular Skullcrushers of Khorne for WFB.

And of course, it didn’t take me long to pick up the kit: After all, it’s chock-full of fantastic Khornate bits and bobs to squirrel away for conversion projects: If you want to add some extra flavour to your World Eaters army, that kit is the place to go! Plus you get three juggernauts and their riders on top — what’s not to love?

Well, here’s the problem: So far, I had mainly been using pieces from the kit to spice up some Chosen and Biker models as well as building special characters for my army, such as my custom Warpsmith, Huntmaster Deracin, or even the supreme commander of the fourth assault company, Lord Captain Lorimar. The actual centrepiece of the kit, the juggernauts and riders, sat mostly untouched in my bitzbox while I squandered all the beautiful little bitz on different models ;)

But no more, because this last weekend finally gave me some time to build three Brazen Knights! Of course I do realise that this leaves me with even more unpainted stuff in my backlog, but I simply cannot help it — kitbashing World Eaters is just so much fun!

So what did I want to achieve? The Skullcrushers are fantastic models in their own right, but I did want to make them look a little more 40k: The body and legs of the Skullcrushers are very archaic and medieval looking, but they are also fantastically detailed (and, to make matters worse, a bit bigger than your standard Marine parts). So I wouldn’t cut them up in the attempt to make them look more futuristic, but would rather try to incorporate elements that are fairly representative of Chaos Space Marines, such as chainswords, power weapons, backpacks and CSM shoulderpads.

I also didn’t want to use the – admittedly really cool – lances that came with the kit, because those would make the models look a little too static and encumbered for my taste. I went for less cumbersome weapons, and since there are no official rules for these guys anyway, I was free to do as I pleased, with the Rule of Cool as my only guideline.

And, my last objective: I wanted to make each of these guys look like a true champion: Winning the gift of a daemonic steed from the Blod God is certainly no mean feat! So each of the models would have to look the part, impressive enough to serve as a Chaos Lord in any lesser force.

Now while the models were taking shape, I had yet another idea: Fellow hobbyist Brother Heinrich has been offering people to name models in his (fantastic) Night Lords army for a while now. I myself have been thus immortalised as a heavy weapons specialist in the Night Lords’ 15th company (more on that soon, I guess). And while I was working on my Brazen Knights, or Brazen Hunters, as it were, I realised that I too wanted to take the opportunity to honour some fellow hobbyists who have enormously inspired me in the past.

Now choosing three people to be honoured in this way might seem a tad unfair — after all, there are many more people who have managed to inspire me and influence my hobby life over these last years, and each of them would be worthy of their own model. So for now, in order to keep things fair, I chose the three guys whose work has provided the most inspiration for my actual World Eaters army — after all, it makes sense that they should earn a place in the army they helped to shape, right?

Anyway, before I knew it, my three Brazen Hunters had been assembled. Of course they will need some more work and attention to detail here and there, but I am already pretty pleased with them. Let me introduce you:

Brother Hynnark:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562328_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562329_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562330_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562331_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562332_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562333_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

Since I knew that one of the juggernaut bodies would be charging forward aggressively, I wanted a rider to match that look, swinging his sword in a wide arc and aggressively snarling at the oncoming enemy. I think the finished piece captures that look fairly convincingly!

The sword came from the Bloodletters of Khorne, since I think their sinister, serrated Hellblades make for a perfect weapon for any champion of Khorne. The arm holding the blade was slightly tweaked in such a way that it looked like Hynnark was swinging his sword at his opponents while plowing through them on the back of his daemonic mount.

When it came to choosing a face for this guy, the bare head of the GK Nemesis Dreadknight pilot came in handy, since the cabling on the head made for perfect Butcher’s Nails. The rim of the psychic hood was carefully shaved down to make it look like the cables were emerging from the champion’s very head. And finally, a very cool plastic power fist from the mid-90s was used on the model’s other hand. I only ever had one of these in my bitzbox, and I thought this was a worthy occasion to use it!

Brother Hynnark was named for our very own Brother Heinrich, whose brilliant Night Lords army is not only a constant source of inspiration, but who has also made me look at the individuals in the army in a new way. Cheers, mate!

Next up, Brother Rask:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562334_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562335_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562336_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562337_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562338_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562339_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

I knew I wanted to make use of the fantastic banner that came with the Blood Crushers, so Brother Rask became a favoured banner bearer of his god. To balance out the extra archaic element, I went for a chainsword in his left hand — the essential 40k weapon, if you ask me. The model also received a rebreather head as another piece of visual shorthand for the futuristic setting. I also like this particular head a lot, since it seems grizzled and scarred without being over the top.

The model was named for none other than the ever-inspirational GuitaRasmus, who owns some of the snazziest World Eaters on the interwebz and whose mindblowing kitbashes are a constant motivation for me to push the envelope on my own conversions instead of just settling for “good enough”.

And finally, a champion among champions, I give you Brother Garic the Hound:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562340_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562341_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562342_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562343_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562344_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562345_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

I really went all out on this model, making it look like Garic was issuing a challenge to an opponent. A sword from the WFB Chaos Knights made for a suitably impressive weapon, while the left arm came from the Raptor/Warp Talon kit, featuring one of my favourite lightning claws in the entire set.

Maybe you’ll remember that shouting head with the mohawk from my look at the Centurion kit. Even then, I was sure that it was the perfect face for a World Eater, and I believe this model offers pretty good proof of that!

Garic is my favourite model in the squad, and who better to choose as his alter ego than my buddy Biohazard, whose boundless generosity in exchanging bitz as well as ideas have made many of my projects possible in the first place. And his kitbashes, particularly his amazing daemon engines, are truly something to behold as well! Here’s to you, buddy!

So cheers, guys! I hope you like your new function in Khorne’s Eternal Hunt! And I hope you like the models I chose for you! As for the names, I tried to find a middle ground between the design sensibilities of my army and either your true names or forum handles.

In any case, these guys do need some more detail work as well as a couple of additional bitz. And there will have to be a Chaos Lord on juggernaut to lead the squad, of course…

Oh, and I actually think I may continue to name models in the honour of fellow hobbyists! And with a long list of spectacularly talented and generally awesome people to work through – PDH, TJ Atwell, DexterKong, migusla or Kari Hernesniemi, to name just a few – I imagine this army will keep expanding for a looong time ;)

So yeah, here are my three Brazen Hunters together, ready for a new day of hunting:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/4/562346_sm-Brazen%20Hunters%2C%20Brazen%20Knights%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion.JPG

So what do you think? Was I successful in coming up with some badass models? Are they 40k enough? I’d love to hear your feedback, so post away!

And, as always, thanks for looking and stay tuned for more!

Wow, so much stuff in the past few weeks I've missed in this thread. First, you did an amazing job turning those ugly centurions into barbaric and hulking suits of armor. My only nitpick with them is some of them look slightly static but you do a decent job covering that with their arm and head poses. Second, that mechanical daemon monster is awesome, reminds me a bit of my own prince in my profile picture. Third, the brazen knights look great and if you wanted to, I thought of a few ways you could use them in games too. Two ways, either to use the allied black legion supplement and run multiple chaos lords on juggernaughts (which would be great fun I believe) or count them as bikes. Great work though, really want to see that prince painted though. :P