Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread

40k chaos chaos space marines conversion kitbash khorne world eaters khornes eternal hunt traitor guard urashs marauders

• Please log in to reply
4962 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Cheers, people!

I seem to be on a bit of a roll today, so I'll just leave this here:

704355-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

704356-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

...and with the characteristic neck frills:

704357-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

704354-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

Still quite a bit of fine tuning left to do, but it's a start ;)

• Midnightmare, Brother Dallo, Targetlock and 4 others like this

HighGothic

HighGothic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
  • Faction: =][=, Mechanicus

Now that is a good idea

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts
Cool! Maybe you should do a 40k version of arbaal the undefeated:)
  • Targetlock likes this

Kriegsmacht

Kriegsmacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts

That is one ugly mother...oh wait it's a chaos hound. Never mind. :)

Is it suppose to be a chaos hound? I don't know much about Daemons. Except killing them of course. It's cool no matter what. :)

The flesh is weak but Twinkies are forever...

Burn the Heretic, the witch, the mutant in the name of oooo cake!

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,037 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

The Signal dude is super awesome and will add loads of fluffbunnies to your army. His helmet especially is really cool, I love the little details you put on him. 

Flesh hound with a thirster head? Yes. Yes. Yes.

SalvationOfReason

SalvationOfReason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 315 posts
  • Faction: Ivth Legio, 47th Grand Company

Using it as a mount, or as Lorimar's personal hunting hound? After all, whats a hunt without a bloodhound!

By Heresy Torn Asunder - http://www.bolterand...r/#entry4268589

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,175 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Awesome Flesh Hound Kraut!! Clever use of the dragon ogres legs. How dose he measure up next to a marine? I assume he's pretty large :)

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

Best Flesh Hound Evah!

Though admittedly i like the turn of the head in the first couple pics slightly better than the straighter angle in the other two the frills are needed and look fantastic!

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Cheers for the feedback, guys! You are right, of course, in that this will become a rather huge Flesh Hound: I have always loved the Flesh Hound concept and design, and the creatures are certainly a fantastic fit for an army designed as a hunting party. I really hate the most recent models, though, since they seem so clunky and ill-proportioned.

Using the leftover Bloodthirster head was a spontaneous idea, when I realised it should fit the Dragon Ogre bodies rather well. In the end, it took very little shaving (and the addition of a plastic Daemon Prince neck) to create the basic construction. The angle of the head may still be subject to change, as I am currently experimenting with adding both the neck frills and collar -- both compulsory parts of the model, of course ;)

As for the size, this guy is roughly the same size as a juggernaut (albeit a bit less bulky), so he could be used as a mount for a Marine. I think I'll rather be using him as one of Lorimar's hunting dogs, however, as suggested by SalvationOfReason. Oh, and those front legs will probably be gripping some kind of rocky outcrop, with a mangled Astartes corpse right below the creature's head -- at least that's the plan for now ;)

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
The Khorne doggy looks great. Nice use of bits. If you could angle the back legs a bit more he may look like he is pouncing although that may require a little bit of work.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Hmm, I don't think I'll be able to do anything with the legs, mate -- not without lots of sawing and re-sculpting, at least...

speaking of which, here's a small daemon doggie update: Sorted out the neck frills and collar of Khorne, so the model's mostly there now:

704827-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

704826-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

704825-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

704824-Chaos.%20Khorne%2C%20Conversion%2

In case anyone was wondering, I did actually try both leftover 'thirster heads, but while the second one was also rather bestial, it was also decidedly less canine. Plus I really wanted to use that fabulous RoC/HeroQuest style bone crown on a model -- it really makes the hound look like the king of Flesh Hounds, doesn't it?

As always, let me know what you think! :)

• Angrypantz, Bryan Blaire, Augustus b'Raass and 1 other like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,969 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

I dig it, but you need to chop a toe off each foot. ;)

Would those heads fit on Maulerfiends? I've got some in the mail but curious if you can check.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts

I think you have a superb miniature there. This thread has a lot of quality pieces, this is one of my favourites already!

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Scribe: Huh? Is there a canonical number of toes on Flesh Hounds, or are you just talking about visual preferences? As for your question, the heads from the 'Thirster kit would be...

• quite a bit too small for a fiend, if you ask me
  • just right for a juggernaut, with a tiny bit of work
  • slightly too big (but ultimately still useable) on a Daemon Prince...
  • ...or possibly a mutated Helbrute

@ Battybattybats: That is very kind of you to say! Cheers!

Red Skullz

Red Skullz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
That's a great build right there! How do you plan on painting it, classic scheme?
I'm on Facebook and I've got a blog as bigbossredskullz.

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
No worries I thought it might be a bit tricky, still a great build. I'm saving that head for something, not sure what yet...

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,969 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

There are 2 toes per Foot (2 x 4 = 8) canonically from Realms of Chaos. Its a minor point just poking fun. :]

Thanks for the info on the heads, perhaps a Juggernaught conversion...

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

I will admit I couldn't see either of the other 'thirster heads on this beast... he would end up with a smooshed looking face like those little designer dogs...

Glad you didn't go the Pugs 4 Khorne route :D

• rednekkboss and Bryan Blaire like this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

AJB2K3

AJB2K3

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 372 posts

Awww what a cute little puppy!

Blood for the Blood God,
Skulls for the Skull Throne
Death to blood stains in white armour

2012 Pre/Horus/Post heresy White and blue World Eaters Blog.

QUOTE (Brother Captain Ed @ Apr 16 2011, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't roll more 1s if we were playing in binary.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,728 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Yeah, I'd need to repeat 'And they shall know no fear' to myself a good number of times' if I came across it on the battlefield.

The Master of Signals is really cool, though I would have quite liked to see him wearing that awesome helmet you've knocked up. It seems a shame to have it facing the ground on his belt.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,037 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV
As always, superb work. I cant wait for you to start his base, though, because his legs sure look wonky as is now. ;)

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone! I am really happy I had this idea, because the Dragon Ogres were sitting in my bitzbox more or less unused: I originally bought them because I thought they might become daemon princes -- alas, they were a little too small for that. And while the kit has quite a few useful bitz, it's great to have found a useful function for those reptilian lower bodies ;)

The other bestial head from the Bloodthirster kit would probably work on the model, although it would look less convincing than the one I used: The nose isn't even the problem -- rather, the head is far broader, making for a slightly hokey look. But I could build a second of these daemon doggies, if I wanted -- we'll see... ;)

When it comes to painting the model, I think I'll be going for something closely resembling the current GW scheme, i.e. red skin and black/dark grey scales. The colour recipe works, it's just that the current Finecast models are horrible ;)

As for the base, that'll be a bit of a challenge, as I will have to construct a rock for the front legs to rest on, but the rock mustn't obscure too much of the model. Ah well, I'll think of something...

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,781 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Wow that is an awesome Hound, and Juggernaut sized to boot.

Maybe this could be Lorimars Ride? You said you'd do a mounted version of your Captain :D

I could imagine Lorimar leaning forward and holding a scrap of Farseer cloak by the Hounds snout and ordering it to hunt down the witch scum... Maybe in vengeance for the times they have dodged him during your campaign a while back?

ETL 1v2

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,859 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

I will admit I couldn't see either of the other 'thirster heads on this beast... he would end up with a smooshed looking face like those little designer dogs...

Glad you didn't go the Pugs 4 Khorne route biggrin.png

Pugs for the Pug God? 

I do agree that the front legs look a little wonky, but it has the potential to be very menacing indeed. I'm keen to see what you can come up with! 

Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
How about creating steps, then an be slanted so one paw is higher the other, but it leaves room to show off the back of the model.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 40k, chaos, chaos space marines, conversion, kitbash, khorne, world eaters, khornes eternal hunt, traitor guard, urashs marauders

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users