Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Cheers, mate! As it happens, you may not have to wait all that long, as I will be using that Warsmith model as a test piece for the new Leadbelcher spray, which I intend to use on the metallic parts of my Chaos Knight. So the plan right now is to pledge the Knight for ETL and just throw in the Warsmith as part of the first pledge, seeing how I'll have to paint him anyway ;)

Does nobody have to say anything about that true scale World Eater, though...?

I do.

I love him! I wasn't expecting to like the skullcrusher head on the Wrathmonger body as much as I do. The skull crushers are awesome, don't get me wrong, but I would have thought they were a little too "knightly" for the more chaotic looking body. But it works quite well with the rest of the heavily armored look.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bare arm. It looks maybe 20% too small for the rest of his body, but off hand I can't think of one that would be sufficiently beefy.

A very interesting process. My thoughts are that they are perhaps a little too baroque and fantasy - combining them with Tartaros bits or the like might help a little more - but they're definitely a step forward and I really am excited to see more progress along these lines! 

Cheers for the feedback, people! :)

@ Flint: The head works really well, doesn't it? That was certainly a bit of a happy accident ;) I do think the "expressionlessness", for lack of a better word, of the Skullcrusher helmet makes the model look implacable and sinister, which I like. I'll have to disagree about the arm, however: If anything, it's almost too chunky -- it's certainly beefier than some of the Skullreaper/Wrathmonger arms. But then again, getting this right is always tricky business, because a totally unarmoured arm would realistically be much thinner than the armoured version, but you cannot have them looking to dissimilar, so as not to make the mode look imbalanced. Anyway, I am pretty happy with the compromise, to be honest.

@ Auggie: Cheers, mate! As you can see, I put that pauldron to good use right away ;) As for the truescaling, it'll mostly be limited to INQ28, I fear -- I am still committed to a "regular" army for 40k, after all ;)

@ Mol: I would agree with you if this were a loyalist Marine, but the anachronistic and baroque elements of the model, such as the knightly boots, leather straps etc., are really a good thing for me: I love the idea that Chaos Space Marines grow more and more baroque and archaic -- after all, they have spent an unknown amount of time in the Great Eye, with both the general corrupting influence as well as the strange customs there influencing their wargear. For instance, a Chaos Space Marine could become some kind of mythical warrior king in a feudal, medieval world within the Eye, and maybe his - once futuristic - wargear would reflect that? Anyway, Khornate Marines can never possibly be archaic and baroque enough for me ;)

@ miteyheroes: Looking forward to seeing that, mate!

Cheers, mate!  :thumbsup:

A small update today: I made an icon bearer for my Traitor Guard Elite:

traitor-elite-25.jpg

traitor-elite-24.jpg

traitor-elite-23.jpg

Some bits from the Stormverin kit really came in handy on this guy -- I just love that standard!

Anyway, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Retributis: Hmm, I don't think so -- the banner pole is looking unwieldy enough as is, and lenghtening it would make that even worse. I am also really happy it's all glued together now, so I think it'll stay that way. Sorry! ;)

@ Auggie: Cheers, mate! There's something wonderfully vicious and sinister about some of those Slaven bitz which makes them very useful for Traitor Guard, I think.

Cheers, mate!  :thumbsup:

A small update today: I made an icon bearer for my Traitor Guard Elite:

traitor-elite-25.jpg

traitor-elite-24.jpg

traitor-elite-23.jpg

Some bits from the Stormverin kit really came in handy on this guy -- I just love that standard!

Anyway, let me know what you think! :smile.:

This for me perfectly fits my mental image of the 'Blood Pact' from Gaunts Ghosts... Amazing...

Cheers, guys!

So, what's new today? ETL IV's a go, that's what! So let me repeat the vow I made just now in the Chaos Strategium:

I, KrautScientist, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

• 1 Iron Warriors Warsmith (Chaos Lord w/ Terminator armour, Lightning Claw and power weapon and
  • 1 Fabius Bile Counts-as from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, as well as
  • 1 Chaos Knight Paladin (conversion) from Codex: Imperial Knights

of total value 662 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos in general and Khorne's Eternal Hunt in particular and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

So, what about those models I pledged?

1. Warsmith Greimolt Sturm of the Iron Warriors:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/15/705388-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Iron%20Warriors%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Terminator%20Armor.JPG

You'll remember this guy from earlier in this thread: I kept going back to the model and tweaking it, but now the time has finally come for the Warsmith to get some colour. This will be the idea first piece, as he will allow me to test that Leadbelcher spray I hope to use on my Chaos Knight! I am really psyched to finally paint this guy, and with a long weekend (and hopefully lots of hobby time) before me, I am confident we'll be seeing more of this guy pretty soon!

2. Apothecary Dumah, Keeper of the Seed and Chooser of the Slain, of the World Eaters' 4th assault company (Fabius Bile counts-as):

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/23/641365-Apothecary%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dumah%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

Another old acquaintance from earlier in this thread, I originally pledged Dumah as my entry in the recent Painting/Converting contest over at ToS, yet I missed the deadline. So it falls to the ETL to provide me with a suitable occasion to atone for my failure ;)

And finally, possibly the star of the show:

3. Gilgamesh, the Warrior King, the Twice-Consecrated, Son of the Ember Queen. Chaos Knight Errant:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/30/709898-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Gilgamesh%2C%20Imperial%20Knight%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

It's finally time to get this bad body painted! I am kinda nervous at the prospect, to be honest, but I am committed to this. The model hasn't changed too much since we last saw it on this thread, although I have made a few last minute tweaks here and there. One of the last things I did was to add some cables (harvested from the insides of an old PC) to the cockpit, in order to make the interior look a bit more believable:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/30/709901-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Gilgamesh%2C%20Imperial%20Knight%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/30/709900-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Gilgamesh%2C%20Imperial%20Knight%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

It's a small thing, admittedly, but one that I think will make a difference in the end.

Oh, and for those who wanted to see both the fulls-sized Knight and the Chibi-version I converted side by side, here you go:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/30/709899-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Knight%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Gilgamesh%2C%20Imperial%20Knight%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

Wish me luck, people! :)

I've got an idea for you, Kraut:

Step 1. Complete ETL Oath #1.

2. Purchase a box of Terminators.

3. Count knight-chan as a Terminator with chainfist and reaper autocannon.

4. ???

5. Profit.

Also, seeing the Knight painted will be awesome. Really. Awesome.

Edited by The Psycho