Third party model options/conversions for Sisters

Reichfaust

I know that the models have gotten kinda pricey but if you think about the time you would spend buying a cheaper model and doing the converting...see where I'm going? It's nice that  a lot of us have a nice size army already and don't need to buy in big quantities as opposed to some one starting out. But even buying plastics for other armies can get pricey too. An example being, I also play Dark Elves and they want $60 for a 10 witch elves squad, thank goodness I have over 60 metal models already. Termies are roughly $10 a pieace. Luckily for sisters, immo's are the same price as a rhino, for now. Myself, I love the look of all the sisters models as stated by several others on here but nobody is saying you have to buy GW's, proxies can be good. Conversions, oh boy do I love doing these, can also make the hobby fun. But I prefer doing single characters as opposed to a whole unit, just my thoughts tho. Happy Gaming!!

If I could jump in here and do some shameless plugging in the name of mutual advancement :) I have been running a WIP sisters project using DE kabalite warriors and bits from brother vinni's range of apocalipse female heads and statuesque 'cracking hair do's'. I have to say I'm quite pleased with how the parts have gone together and in fairness, the hardest part to do from scratchi is the robes. I'm not much of a bits fiend but I'm guessing you could source some tabbards from somewhere. Space marines wear them all the time!!

Here's the link to my thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/283903-building-a-multi-part-sisters-of-battle-kit/

As I said, DE kabalite warriors are the base with forge world weapons, third party heads and a bit of green stuff

I have been running a WIP sisters project using DE kabalite warriors and bits from brother vinni's range of apocalipse female heads and statuesque 'cracking hair do's'.

'Smuch as I've no objection to you're efforts to drum up traffic for your projects elsewhere, it would be perhaps more germane to the thread if you'ld be so kind as to provide links to the products you reference and where they may be procured in a location convienient for our conversation.

Great job Smurfben, the DE warriors are probably the best starting point for making traditional sisters. And I'm a fan of the traditional look and feel of the models... more so than how the army plays, few sisters players are here for the rules!

I've also seen marine scouts given marine helmets to make armoured humans as a stand in, but like various third party models they have no sister of battle style to them.

Suck it up for original models may be the best option, especially if you're not buying many.

Both brother vinni and statuesque have been fantastic for ordering. I got their products in 3-4 days of purchasing, which I think is pretty good :)

Yes, I've seen some scouts 'counts as' sisters armies around and they definitely have their own flavour, but for me they're not sisters :p Having said that, making your own from scratch is very hard work. It really depends on what you're looking for really and what you're willing to spend. It's by far and away cheaper to buy the originals, especially if you're crafty with ebay :)

What I've been using are the Dreamforge Games Eisenkern Stormtroopers for the base and female wyches heads for, well, the heads. For the next unit! Green stuff on some cloak looking bits, add a bolter, boom and done. Kind of wish I would have researched a little further and found the heads others in this thread had mentioned, but what's done is done.

I prefer the look of the Dreamforge troops just because I'm a little turned away from the dames in metal corsets running around in stilettos feel that GW gives off.

I probably haven't saved a penny vs getting the GW models, but I'm happier with the lean power armor look and punk rock heads.

That is really fantastic conversion work, srpelicano!

I admit, aesthetically, I wish the hair was more like the art, but it's so well done I feel like a ninny even mentioning it; the armor is, frankly, beautiful. Well done. :)

That is really fantastic conversion work, srpelicano!

I admit, aesthetically, I wish the hair was more like the art, but it's so well done I feel like a ninny even mentioning it; the armor is, frankly, beautiful. Well done. smile.png

I am inclined to agree with you, thade, however, this sentence contains, quite frankly, more commas than I am used to seeing; and I am quite accustomed to commas, I assure you. ;)

srpelicano--After seeing your work I think using the Eisenkern bodies with the 'Cracking hairdo' heads that WarriorFish linked to might be my best bet! I was seriously considering biting the bullet and just getting some Metal GW Sisters until I saw these stunning conversions... Baring in mind that I live all the way down in Kiwiland/Hobbit country and a single Sister of Battle costs $28-30 dollars NZD! Compared to $42 USD for a box of 20 stormtroopers, there's just no competition.

Thanks for your help guys, when I (eventually) get around to buying them I'll be sure to post 'em. Now it's time to study some greenstuff cloak tutorials!

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Thanks for showing us your awesome models! While I've got a vague idea of their scale already with the Bolters and paint pots behind them, do you think you could take a comparison shot of one of your Sisters next to an Astartes model? It would be greatly appreciated :)

I am inclined to agree with you, thade, however, this sentence contains, quite frankly, more commas than I am used to seeing; and I am quite accustomed to commas, I assure you. msn-wink.gif

My commas (and semicolons) are intended to indicate literal pauses in my speech as much as to separate and link clauses; I should perhaps have used parentheses (thus) up there to further clarify that, but I was "feeling commas" at the time. smile.png

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Thanks for showing us your awesome models! While I've got a vague idea of their scale already with the Bolters and paint pots behind them, do you think you could take a comparison shot of one of your Sisters next to an Astartes model? It would be greatly appreciated smile.png

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3673/11798547965_85f134859d_c.jpg

A little bit smaller, but I think it's nicely scaled considering Astartes are 8ft tall.

• 3 weeks later...

Good find, they look well done. I'm not sure the scale is quite right though, they seem a little large for female heads compared to the GW male ones? I'd like to see more comparison shots with them on different bodies to get a better feel of how they work.

Archived