Third party model options/conversions for Sisters

Reichfaust

Hey guys and gals, I thought I'd share with you a comparison shot of the new 'heroic' scale heads from statuesque minis.

DSC 0095

Far left is the old 25mm heads, middle is the new 28mm heads and right is a brother Vinni head.

I'm happier with the size of these heads although they are looking a tad on the big size now?! that may just be an artifact of the chest piece being smaller than the others (it was my first attempt so I got it a bit wrong). I'll add the sleeves and that might even her out a bit

Thanks for the pic Smurfben--I am inclined to agree with Miko and WarriorFish about the head size, too. 28mm just looks a bit too big, whereas the 25mm gives the impression that this is just a regular human female inside of a big ol' suit of power armour.

That being said, it all depends how big they look on the Dreamforge bodies... I am leaning heavily towards putting this project on ice until those friggin' incredible Valkir models are released!

Assault rifles firing HEAP rounds and 'thermite guns' spraying molten metal over the enemy... yeah, those are third party Sisters all right.

Still reminds me of Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade//Kerberos Saga, though...

Assault rifles firing HEAP rounds and 'thermite guns' spraying molten metal over the enemy... yeah, those are third party Sisters all right.

Still reminds me of Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade//Kerberos Saga, though...

Parallel development, methinks, despite the time disparity.

Sorry Denison512 tongue.png T'was a bit cheeky of me. I suspect the 28mm heads would be better suited to the dreamforge models as they appear to be much bulkier and so the head size wouldn't look too out of proportion with the rest of the model. The 25mm heads seem to work best with the Eldar frame I've been using simply because Eldar are tall and spindly. To make them look human you need to shorten them, which is why the armour looks bulky despite it being an Eldar model.

On a slightly related note, I now have 2 sprus worth of 28mm heads I won't be using. Send me a PM if you'd be interested in taking them off my hands for a discounted rate smile.png

Archived