Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

Hey all, I've hovered around the forums for a while now, only just now deciding to try to figure out how to post on here haha

Please forgive me if I do anything wrong hopefully I can figure it out

So here goes, I've always thought the dreadknight kit was awesome but not overly interested in the pretty boy grey knights . So I've been working on a daemon Prince dreadknight

Okay. So I've stuffed up already haha there was supposed to be a picture uploaded , sorry guys

Welcome to B&C Skrundle87!

Your'e waisting no ones time - if you need any help let me know. I just want to point out that the link in your fist post works - looks like a mean Deamon Prince in the making... does he follow any particular Chaos Deity?

On the practical side, you can use your menu bar by clicking the rectangular blue-ish icon that says "image" when you rest the cursor on it. Then a window will pop-up and you can paste the url of your image in the field provided. Make sure it's the url of the image not the entire gallery though. ;) PM me if you need more assistance.

First, get a Photobucket account. Then upload the picture to Photobucket using the handy Drag 'n' Drop feature they've got. Then Go to your Photobucket library, click on the picture you want to upload. At the right hand side, there will be a list of 'Links to share this photo'. Click the bottom one, it'll automatically copy the link, then simply paste that link into your message here on the B+C.

Dragonlover

Oh really!? I really am clueless, I was hoping to have the image appear in the thread rather than simply link to it.

And to answer your question this is one of my many issues on this particular model is the warband I should paint it up to, initially the idea was iron warriors, and then turned to black legion, but I'm colour partial to red and bronze so I'm considering working on a new undivided chapter and this being the focal point

Cheers dragonlover, I'll get on that

Okay we're in business, thanks again @captain semper and @dragonlover, so I bought a daemon Prince, dreadknight and soul grinder in preparation for this guy,

Initially I really liked the torso from the soul grinder,

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/IMAG0114_zps0c7e2fda.jpg

Unfortunately the scale is a bit messed up so I'm sticking with the original daemon Prince torso. Slightly devastated because now I have a soul grinder I have no need for. However now I'm getting ideas flowing around for a nurgle Prince and a scorpion defiler hahall

I'm hoping to have the modeling side completed tonight and get onto the painting tomorrow,

Thanks captain semper that's what I was going for, the demon engines are what brought me back to the hobby after a small break

Nice work with the kit!

I'm doing something similar at the moment with a dreadknight turning it into a giant grey knight rather than a baby carrier, looks a little like a contemptor, and I've taken the shoulder pistons out as well.

All i've done is filled it in with green stuff and rounded it and I was thinking you could do something like that except instead of smoothing it out draw lines in the green stuff so it becomes like muscle fibers, similar to the soul grinder you're not using.

Good luck!

I think it's off to a great start as an iron warrior/dark mechanicus daemon prince or greater daemon counts as.  My only concern is that you need to really take the time hybridize the "flesh" and mechanical parts together so that at the end of the day, you really won't be able to tell it was a dreadknight and that it convincingly looks like a daemon engine of mass destruction.  

Take your time doing this, I cannot emphasize that enough- a conversion this massive deserves that extra hour here and there for a much better end product.

There is a company called greenstuff industries that makes a product called the "tentacle maker box".  I'd recommend at least watching the video on youtube about it, because you might find it worth getting for this project and adding cables where you need them to do things like cover the seams and joins so they aren't visible while making the beast look more cohesive as a daemon engine.

In my opinion, I think the classic chaos spikes from the vehicle kit are detracting from this model.  They're taking visual impact away from those massive wings.

I really need to stay away from these chaos threads, because they give me ideas for equally mad conversions like making a kai gun out of a soulgrinder gatling and adding chainglave bayonets to all the barrels and slapping it onto some monstrous hellbeast like this.  (Conversion inspiration clearly does not differentiate between loyalist and chaos).

Lastly, welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword Skrundle, I hope you enjoy your stay here! 

Thanks for the input guys. I've definately been thinking I need to green stuff some muscle mass into the upper legs and wholly agree with the spikey bits. They were in my orifinal mock up but have already made it out of the rotation.

And I'd really like to see this giant grey knight conversion @ohwheresharry I think my main issue with it was the whole baby carrier look

@ the chaplain, I'll be sure to check it out

Archived