The Renascibilitas Crusade [Redemptor WIP]

Marshal Mattias

Here's the point where awesome starts.

And here's your vow. (I'd put it further, but I don't want to ruin the forum. You get my drift, though?)

These:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/B3995187-8DD0-4888-A38B-25D0B4155663_zpsvtgfnivr.jpg

Got them from amazon, quick'n'easy. Very fiddly, I find it easiest to keep them in a single 'stick' connected to my 'control' model while I'm working on another. (Keeps me from mixing up the polarity and making a mess of stuff). Simply slide your modelling knife in between to take one off the end without fumbling it and mixing the sides up. A dab of superglue in the socket, then use the knife to place the magnet, sliding the blade out and using your finger to stop the magnet from following it. They are strong enough to hold some large weaponry, but not so strong they break free of the superglue bond. ;)

Also:

How's about a new vow for a Chapter Marshal with ToT, PriWrath, and ArmIndom (über iron halo).

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/8C9B77CA-DFAD-4123-8D7B-87FD891D76A4_zpszty6ybws.jpg

In the paraphrased words of a wise man: No Templar would carry around a weapon he can't cut a heretic in half with.

Cut part-way through the sternguard chainsword just above the engine, then snipped it off carefully. Cut a piece from a Templar chainsword with the Maltese cross detail, trimmed it to match the spacing of the teeth, then added back the main piece of the sternguard one. Drilled all pieces and pinned them, magnetised at the wrist. It still needs a little liquid green stuff to tidy up the joins, but I made sure it is straight and the teeth spacing is correct, as that would throw the look off immediately.

Glad you like it! This is version 2.0, as originally the central piece was longer. I decided it looked just too epicly massive, so took it apart and re-cut till it was about 50% longer than a standard chainsword. I'm glad I took the extra time, it is far more balanced now.

Vow 3 started

Vow the third; being one vow greater than two, but less than the fourth.

Captain, Artificer Armour, Burning Blade, Grav Pistol, Teleport Homer.

190 points.

I have an evening to paint, so I will try to complete it in one go. (Any further vows will likely be solo-character jobs to ensure completion).

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/D11FCD48-7344-47F8-981A-6CB9E90FB3B1_zpshd0cn4pa.jpg

Vow 4 completed: another 450 points to the cause and some new Marshals for my crusade.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/CC7922B1-6339-46BA-AAF1-20B8F9B24FFB_zps2jla3hwf.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/373C21FF-C26B-42D0-8FB7-DF41D1B5327D_zps7gq5or40.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/002317C7-DA06-4C70-8369-58712F63679C_zpstl8q5shs.jpg

EDIT: I was going to try and squeeze out a 5th vow, but I just don't have anything left that could be done in the time... Everything is either too far along the painting process or is just beyond my painting speed. I'm a little disappointed as I really wanted to complete 5, but I'm not going to ruin my work so far with a silly attempt to paint too much!

Edited by Marshall Mattias

A wise and brave choice, Brother. Congrats on finishing your vows. Very well done! :smile.:

Beautiful models there, I really like the ToT, it came out very well, not even a minor line to show it's been cut up. That's pretty impressive. :yes:

Also, looking down the barrel of that Primarch's Wrath you made sent a shiver down my spine. The good kind of shiver, the one that says: "Glad you're on my side!"

Edited by Andhil

Inquisitor WIP (would have been vow 5, but there you go). I want a kind of faded-glory feel to him, as he uses his psy-occulum to hunt witches. Also, will be adding some gubbins (book, holy orb, grenade packs, etc) so that he can also roll in a ordo-Xenos capacity with rads/psychostrokes and the Liber Hereticus and buff a big crusader squad.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/0F4D5964-8DDB-4C92-82E0-02CF79CF644B_zpsolg3ujtz.jpg

BONUS EDIT:

My banner-carrying Reclusiam Servitor from Grim's squad was a whimsical last-minute entry in my local store's monthly painting competition (banner themed) and was the winning entry! So that was cool, it gets posted tomorrow so I'll be winning a painting comp, even if it isn't ETL III ;)

Edited by Marshall Mattias

Upcoming battle against an unknown opponent!

It should probably be 1500 points, but I have a few extra models so I can bump it to 1750 if required.

The gist is:

Castellan, AA, TH/SE

6/4 crusader squad with SB:

Melta, PAxe, PSword and Melta bomb.

LRC multi-Melta and hunter killer

Drop-pods with dual HF ironclad (Deathwind)

5-stern brethren with 4xcombi (storm bolter)

Hereticus inquisitor with psyocculum and servo skulls.

Second wave is 5-man crusader with sword/flamer (Deathwind)

Rear squad with las/plas mounted in rhino

Vindicator with siege shield.

At 1750, upgrade Castellan to Marshal with OB, starts on table with rear squad.

Chaplain with Plasma Pistol added to LRC squad.

4 sternies and a heavy flamer added to drop pod.

So, inquisitor and sternies will either plasma witch unit, or Melta tanks. Ironclad burns troops and prepares charge on tanks. Vindicator advances behind LRC for cover up single flank. Attempt to move on same side as drop pods - total flank denial. Support from las-Plas. Home objective will be pushed farther forward to avoid isolation.

Larger game, Marshal drops OB then rides with rhino squad with a view to getting stuck in wherever the line is faltering.

Hopefully this will be a fun list but reasonably flexible. :)

Turned up for a pick-up game at 1500pts. Given the meta, I was expecting Astartes or Tank-Guard, maybe a D/Eldar force. What I got was a game against a beautifully painted Imperial Guard recon force, with mostly veterans and a command unit, with master of ordnance and a witch attached, supported by 3 las-cannon sentinels. Reserves were a whole load of deep-striking storm troopers with meltaguns and a Valkyrie with meltagun-toting veterans as well.

We played maelstrom, and had a 'shadow' mission where we had to keep our objectives secret. Deployment was agreed as standard long-table-edge due to the awkward placement of the table. I fluffed my placement of servo-skulls due to having never used them before... Two of them would be neutralised in the opponent's first turn by his troop movement. However, they did prevent him from scout/infiltrating onto any objectives.

Deployment saw his force spread fairly evenly across his zone, command in the middle and in cover on an objective (which he did not have the card for).

I sent my main force wide left, to try and neutralise his las-cannon sentinels first turn. My rhino hung nearer the back-centre, with a view to covering the right flank and taking out the solo sentinel there.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/9C0EC214-2E63-4485-AA76-2BC0829190EB_zpsmlaxyxcb.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/E3951748-7AD3-4936-B080-A930068BB35F_zpsdbfhleoi.jpg

Failing to steal the initiative, my opponent took the opportunity to push troops forward on my right flank, but pull back on the left. His witch-phase saw him attempt to put a 4+ invulnerable save on his command squad. He passed with a single die, but I threw all three of mine into the attempt and successfully denied him. His other powers were harmless to me this turn, and his attempt to gain re-rolls to hit for his sentinels were in vain, failing on four dice. His las cannons did nothing to my armoured units and their cover from the ruins between us. His MoO called in a strike which scattered into nothing.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/781673AC-5A9C-454C-A642-90C1F48A9CE6_zpstuuvjvpb.jpg

My turn, and my Ironclad and Sword Brethren Marksmen dropped precisely into the enemy lines between his command unit and troops headed for cover. The Ironclad was better suited to burning the bunched-up command squad and characters, and did so with great ZEAL. The filthy psyker and 3 accomplices were incinerated, earning First Blood, with his warlord taking 2 wounds. (Would have been dead if he had rolled his psyker's invun saves one at a time...)

With the witch dead already, my brothers rejoiced (although wished they hadn't let that 60 point Inquisitor tag along, nor spent 40 points on combi-plasma...) and opened fire on the guardsmen to the right flank. Unfortunately, all my shooting on my first turn was inaccurate. The Brethren rapid-fired their dragonfire rounds, where every wound would have been a kill, but only took out three guardsmen. The Deathwind scored some kills, but my las-cannon marine missed the sentinel (he missed every shot this game). The Vindicator went 12" to gain a cover save from some ruins and line up a shot. The LRC let rip at the sentinels, but did nothing with the Assault Cannons, before snap-shotting a hit with the multi-melta, but only scoring a glance. Not the killing blow I was looking for this turn!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/8D4A0978-83EC-43A4-B17F-FC59930D6ED1_zpsb5ugtynn.jpg

His ludicrous number of storm troopers arrived, blowing up the Ironclad with ease and gunning down my SternBrethren as I failed every save in a row. >:(

The Valkyrie arrived due to his Fleet commander guy and managed to immobilise the Vindicator mid-field. He also used his orders to then make his stormtroopers all run after shooting and spread-out.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/4B1BD72F-D385-44B7-B3BF-8CA2EFA99DE3_zpsybeljd9s.jpg

The sentinels all re-positioned slightly, but couldn't hurt AV14 and only managed a hull-point on my rhino.

The Templars were angry now. The small crusader unit arrived in their pod and would have scattered 12 inches right in front of the sentinels, but my last servo skull kept them close enough to the building were the enemy warlord was cowering. Pulling out their flamer, they burned out the rest of his unit and killed him off. This earned me Slay the Warlord and D3 Tactical Objective points, for which I rolled a 6! I was now at 5-0.

The LRC rolled further forward as the Vindicator landed a direct hit on the Sentinels, blowing one away and somehow leaving the other with one hull point. The LRC finished it off. The Deathwinds claimed about 5 more lives.

Enemy turn 3, and he zoomed across behind my Land Raider, Grav-schuting his veterans precisely 6-inches away... His remaining forces on my left flank were trying to retreat away behind the command building. The right flank was penned in by the drop pods, so had to waste a turn melta-gunning one (which blew up two stormtroopers) and assaulting another, during which he failed to glance. His sentinel failed to hit my rhino again.

The veterans fired both meltas and hit once, scoring a 'weapon destroyed' which took out the left sponson. A good result for me :)

The Valkyrie was unable to shoot at anything.

My turn three, and the LRC rolled away from the Melta-gunners and into the enemies deployment zone. The Castellan and Crusaders hopped out the front, ready to attempt a long-range charge behind the command building and into the storm-troopers. The small crusader unit shot up the remnants of the troops who had been trying to fall-back from the armoured assault, with machine-spirit support from the LRC. The hunter-killer was fired optimistically at the rear armour of the Valkyrie, making my opponent laugh. He stopped laughing when it hit :P

The missile scored a penetrating hit, but then my opponent wanted to Jink it. I had already let him off on 3 other occasions when he made minor errors and forgot to use an order or roll a leadership test etc, so I let him have this one too (even though I had another tactical objective for taking out a flyer...)

The rhino squad hopped out into a building and scored a point for objective 6, then the rhino rushed forward to support the assault.

The big Templar unit prepared to charge... And didn't make it :(

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/1C1A5466-FB03-4DCD-BF06-C41AD3D88AFE_zpslnqraulu.jpg

Unfortunately the game had been rather slow (always is when I play against Guard - all those pesky orders and infantry squads). This was agreed as the final turn, so my templars never even saw combat! The horror!

Tallying up, my LRC, 2 squads and Warlord were all in the enemies 12" deployment. This scored me another D3, but only one VP this time, in addition to Linebreaker. My poor opponent had drawn cards requiring both witch and bunker kills, as well as claiming the exposed central objective and my own Objective 6.

Final score 8-0 to the Templars, but a deeply unsatisfying game, as I: Never fired a combi-weapon.

Didn't use Inquistor's PsyOcculum.

Never got a challenge.

Never got into assault AT ALL.

Only fired my Vindicator once.

Didn't get to shoot down the Valkyrie.

On the upside:

Burned the Witch turn one!

Won? I guess?