The Renascibilitas Crusade [Redemptor WIP]

Marshal Mattias

) Yeah, Grim did his thing really well - he buffed up those two assault marines who went on a rampage, he battered an enemy character in a challenge, and he survived against the odds. His leadership 10 was used a couple of times by units, but I still feel his warlord trait is a let-down. Also, if he could have brought his servitors, that squad would have been much better off - I really hope one day he will get to treat them as wargear again!

If it makes you feel better, he didn't have the servitors at Helsreach either. ;)

my distinct lack of ranged firepower was very nearly a crippling issue.

I was a little surprised not to see any standard LRs in your list. I understand the power of 2 x LRC, 1 x LRR, but in general, when you run that formation, it can be nice to have someone watching over the kids (i.e. LRC) when they run off and get into trouble.

That being said, you did get the victory and did the best with what you had...which was what I was pointing out in the pre-game chatter. To do the old loosely quoting Sun Tzu thing:

"Know yourself and know your enemy and in a thousand battles you will not be defeated"

• 2 weeks later...

All this recent talk of champions made me finally put together a dry-fit of my long-time vision:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/4A2BA52D-7113-4DB0-9B41-4CE5AA49739F_zpso9d4pzhi.jpg

I've managed to file and trim a tabard to curl below the torso through his legs as he kneels speaking his oaths. The hands/hilt will be fiddly as hell and I'm not gonna attempt it today. He has an 'armour of faith-y' backpack and a banner which will bear his many vows as if he has written them out to carry into battle. I was going to cram some more scenery into that base but once I added a cloak and banner pole, I started to run out of space!

I'm a bit unsure about having him helmeted or not - I think a bare head would be able to 'bow' more, and I could give him a helmet beside him. But I quite like the idea that he's moments away from combat and there's already bullets flying...

Edited by Marshal Mattias

1. Just awesome. Excellent pose..

2. Helmet on.

3. @AC: That is what the opponents will be doing when he gets finished praying to the Emperor.

4. I'm not convinced about his backpack just yet. It seems too large, but that could just be the blu-tac mock up.

I'm getting there:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/29D560B7-7D7A-42AA-9951-03C21C06E23D_zps7irbfh0r.jpg

I can't help it, l like the bulky backpack. I'm pretty sure once it gets some paint on it, it'll grow on you ;)

The cloak took a heck of a lot of shaping/filing to make it fit under the pack and around the leg though... My floor is a mess :P

So much faith. I think he's going to look awesome once he's done.

I also cannot unsee the toilet thing, but with a bit of paint it'll look great. Just don't let any white get anywhere near it, and especially do not write Armitage Shanks on the banner!

Out of interest, where is the base from?

• 5 weeks later...

Today on "Mat's next hobby distraction" we can see our protagonist started painting a vindicator, then stopped to start cleaning the flash from some swordbrethren (for my honourguard etc) before remembering the upcoming 'Agents of the Imperium' codex and started busting out some inquisitor models, then thinking about retinues and digging out some WIP steel legion....

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/92F9B70F-B5E2-464A-AEFB-AE31B9F46D9B_zpszkga4pc2.jpg

And that's all for now folks, tune in again next week for similarly half-finished concepts which are swiftly abandoned in an ever-inward spiralling plunge of procrastination!

#lovethatSLsgtpose

Is your Inquisitor just to the left of the SL Sgt, from the Raging Heroes line? I think I was looking at that model as well.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Yup, the one to the right is the GW inquisitor. The lady to the left is from the RH line. The overall proportions are a little different to a GW model, but I wanted a female inquisitor who was rocking the same kind of look as the GW witch hunter. Considered shortening the legs a little but have decided to leave as-is.

Gah! left-right..?! The GW inquisitor stood out as the inquisitor because of his bulk so much that I just went for it.. The RH one looks neat as a slenderer female type/inquisitor apprentice.

Gah! left-right..?! The GW inquisitor stood out as the inquisitor because of his bulk so much that I just went for it.. The RH one looks neat as a slenderer female type/inquisitor apprentice.

Look being dyslexic, I have enough issues with left and right. I don't need you helping me. :P

• 1 month later...

And Vindicator 'Imperator' joins its twin, 'Vult' in the crusade...

A veteran of many battles, this tank purged the heretics of Lastrati and laid waste to its foes under the Jerulas Crusade banner. It still bears the Aquila upon its doors, harking back to its origins in the Imperial Fist armoury and the earliest days of the Black Templars. Now it brings down the walls of the enemy with renewed zeal, bearing into battle four of the Black Templars most important vows upon its blade. After every engagement, a team of serf artisans painstakingly repair and repainted them, that they may be blessed by the reclusiam before the next battle.

Ah, it's really not that fancy. Just lots of little scribbles and the names of the four vows. Actually the Agrax wash has slightly 'run' the lettering so I may need to give it a tidy up later when it is fully dried again.

• 1 month later...

Finally got time to put some paint onto my bikes - a little WIP on the command champion. I think all of them will get fairly different designs/heraldry, although they will have a lot less gold than the blinged-up Chaplain.

Edited by Marshal Mattias