The Renascibilitas Crusade [Redemptor WIP]

Marshal Mattias

Battle in a few minutes, facing off against the hastily-gathered traitor guard trying to desperately hold the line in NX-07:

+++ 1500+extension (1850pts) +++

++ Space Marines: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

The Renascibilitas Crusade - Chapter Tactics [black Templars]

+ No Force Org Slot +

Heavy Lancers - Command Squad [Apothecary, Space Marine Bikes]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Lance]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Power Lance]

Melta-Command Squad - Command Squad

····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Combi-melta]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Combi-melta]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Meltagun]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Meltagun]

····Veteran [bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ HQ +

Castellan - Captain [Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, The Burning Blade]

Chaplain [Melta Bombs, Space Marine Bike]

····Power Armour [bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum]

+ Elites +

Honoured Brother Ludovic - Ironclad Dreadnought

····Dreadnaught Power Fist [Heavy Flamer]

····Seismic Hammer [Heavy Flamer]

+ Troops +

Armageddon Crusaders - Crusader Squad [Chainsword, 8x Initiates, Meltagun, 2x Neophytes, Power Weapon, Shotgun]

····"Consecrare" - Land Raider Crusader [Multi-Melta]

····Sword Brother [bolt pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Crusader Squad [6x Initiates, Meltagun]

····Sword Brother [bolt pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack +

Purge-Team - Assault Squad [2x Flamer, 4x Space Marine]

····Space Marine Sergeant [bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs]

Typhoon - Land Speeder Squadron

····Land Speeder [Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher]

+ Heavy Support +

"Devotio" - Stormraven Gunship [Twin Linked Lascannons, Twin Linked Multi Meltas]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inquisitorial Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

"Colonel" - Ordo Xenos Inquisitor [bolt Pistol, Carapace Armour, Chainsword, Liber Heresius, 3x Servo Skulls]

-----

My Emperor-gifted visions have me feeling that I might face more armour than I am used to. Dropped some neophytes for meltabombs as insurance. Wanted to try running my melee bikers again, so they have claimed the spot usually reserved for the Vindicator, which hasn't scored many kills recently. No spare points for Deathwind launchers this time, probably eaten-up by my 2-HQs. The lone typhoon makes a risky appearance, probably deep striking to avoid giving away first blood, with a view to either harassing vulnerable targets or zooming about to pick up loose objectives. The secondary crusaders ride in the Raven, and the Castellan joins the LRC with the inquisitor for a scout-move to really push an aggressive agenda. I will hope to deploy second and deny a flank against a likely numerically-superior army.

So, not that I'm easily distracted, but; my stormtalon conversion sits (mostly) finished, my biker chaplain still needs a head and my bikes are all only part-complete (needing plenty more bling and some optional mountings for stormshields).

Meanwhile, I have acquired a dirt-cheap sternguard sprue (missing only the heavy flamer) and ordered some grey knight intercepter backpacks and forgeworld boarding shields. With plenty of extra bits here and there, they will become Dornian-themed legion of the damned counts-as. (Bit of a mouthful). Featuring a Sword Brother squad leader, they will be tooled up with all the hi-tech kit required to represent their many rules. Squad members will include representatives from the Shadow Wolves, Celestial Lions, Crimson Fists and Executioners. (All sons of Dorn, all fairly doomed chapters). These guys are the toughest, meanest sons of Dorn left standing from among their chapters, but all felt the zeal rise, answering the call to gather their expertise into a single deathwatch-inspired unit.

But that's not all - I'm also working on the most awesomely templar terminators I could possibly conceive.

FW shields and pads, GK termie helmets, massive swords, deathwing tabards (minus DA markings) candles, skulls and chains. These boys will be dripping in zeal by the time they are done!

Updates to follow...

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/60AEC29F-8C4E-4956-B787-5C0F18CCBFB6_zpsh4npvomi.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/62A13D78-E737-4956-9D90-11AFAF9D9ADE_zpsti2jbw0g.jpg

So, this is my WIP 'legion of the damned' counts-as squad. They are waiting on the arrival of some shields and arms still, but are definitely starting to take shape. From left to right, they will be Crimson Fist, Celestial Lion, Black Templar, Shadow Wolf, Executioner. Likely loadout will be combi-Plasma, Plasma and Multi-Melta. This should give them plenty of nasty shooting designed to kill cover-reliant units that aren't scared of flamer/HFs, such as light vehicles, while keeping a consistent 12" critical-threat range. (I need to find a reasonable source of a Multimelta, however, as I completely forgot I would need it :P)

I have tried to give the models the right look for their respective chapters. The Celestial Lion has a fairly beast-like helm with a crest and the more grecian torso piece to simulate his Lion namesake.

The shadow wolf has a beaky helm (as is common for the chapter) with added targeting array (as I couldn't find a beaky that matched the style of the sternguard 'targeting' helmets). I snipped up an old wolfy backpack of course.

The Templar has the sternguard helm which is very similar to one of the helms from our crusader sprue, along with a full tabard of course. He'll get a little extra templar bling later, as befits his station.

The crimson fist will get both fists red as a veteran, and has focused on Aquilas and purity seals. The executioner seemed to suit the older mark studded legs, and may get a shoulder pad to match. I'll try to give him an extra skull on his backpack or something later too.

Paint-wise, I'm not completely decided yet. I'm tempted to do a kind of 'deathwatch' style of markings. They are all members of my crusade, so will don the black armour, but to honour their former chapters they will keep a shoulder pad and full arm in their original colours. I may also let them keep their helmets painted too. As part of the crusade, they will bear the Maltese cross on their other shoulder. Their boarding shields may be chapter-coloured too, I'm just not sure yet. If so, I would have to free-hand some symbols and I probably can't do that very well. If they go templar, I can use some bits for that. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/0C2D563E-C219-4030-B698-830215AE77D0_zpsaebqnb0m.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/6D2D7B45-73C6-413C-A6EC-894B634FC7E7_zps3qggpgga.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/8A2E0EA9-02C0-4CEF-9C34-327B97564E0D_zpswpqm8zkp.jpg

Termies!

The arms are magnetised and waiting for the shields and pads to arrive. The swords and heads are only tacked-on, as posing may change depending on the exact size of the shields.

I've tried to mix-up the poses, left to right:

Downward hack, thrust, 'come-at-me-bro', blocking/barging, full-arm slash.

The DA identifiers have all been scraped away, leaving lovely knightly tabards and plenty of daggers/skulls etc. Any areas that seem a bit bare will be lovingly plastered in purity seals and Templar brass (as soon as it arrives). I have some cool candles coming which I hope to use on top of the backpacks, as well as 27lpi chain which will be used on all the sword arms as soon as their poses are finalised.

The middle termie will be the squad leader, but might also see use for now as a terminator-captain.

I'm considering hacking-up my metal termie-chaplain and magnetising his arms, then he could be given the sword and shield from the 'sgt' and run as a chapter-master-of-sanctity. The sergeant would instead take a pair of lightning claws to potentially deal with petty challenges or just speed-up squad-mulching. The pair of claws from the deathwing kit are actually pretty awesome, although there is also a great looking flail in there that could easily represent the shredding-effect of the claws.

I'm having a lot of fun with these builds :)

Just need to finish them up - along with the bikes and talon - in time for this year's ETL!

Termies update! I have pinned shields to arms, and experimented with posing with pads/swords in place. I'd appreciate some feedback if anything is *really* off, although the fact is that they are so decked out in gear that there aren't many posing choices that leave space for the shoulder pads or let the seals hang naturally etc.

Anyway, next step will be to pin/glue pieces in their final positions and add the chains to the sword arms ;)

Brother 1

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/462CD189-F865-4C7C-B526-D9AE8D0E39B0_zpsjoyb4yf4.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/2EEF7EF0-B8EE-4838-967F-CE2E1A603C2F_zpsbgw4yyza.jpg

Brother 2

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/5CCEEE80-5934-4DB6-8BC8-ED4175FA1D3C_zpsrrtaysei.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/077603FA-C5EA-426F-9E6A-F080B622B3A4_zpsx8cqicdf.jpg

Brother 3

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/0F93A927-7AC7-4E40-832C-33C555B6AEF9_zps7f0zpxyw.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/65980095-5431-49CB-BF2B-E1EEDDC88621_zpsivjwireq.jpg

Brother 4

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/6C6856D5-7956-4A20-9054-A736D32106FB_zpsledgusdb.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/FB5C1990-5CB6-44BD-AC57-25744F4BEBD4_zpsiummcoai.jpg

Their leader

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/3D84CC1B-6C92-41F0-A25D-2BBCD28F2159_zpsmeglxxzd.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/63D4CECB-6EDF-4D6C-99D6-8BD52580C956_zpsw36flg6h.jpg

I'm not a fan of the posture of brother 1. It "looks" dynamic but is next to physically impossible to maintain for more than a few seconds and not of any practical combat interest. It'd be fine on a dread because it doesn't have a spine, but I think it looks awkward on marines/termies.

Otherwise, when you have them painted kindly ship them to me :o

I'm not a fan of the posture of brother 1. It "looks" dynamic but is next to physically impossible to maintain for more than a few seconds and not of any practical combat interest. It'd be fine on a dread because it doesn't have a spine, but I think it looks awkward on marines/termies.

Otherwise, when you have them painted kindly ship them to me :ohmy.:

Eh, he looks like he's turning to face a new foe ;)

Thanks for the critique. He is actually the one I'm least sure of, but the body does turn that way by design. The head angle is really to change his focus so that he isn't just a copy of one of the others, looking left over his shield. I will endeavour to play with it a little before pinning him and see if I can make it a touch more natural. (That and the angle of the sergeant's sword!)

EDIT:

After much sweat, a little blood and a handful of curses, I have swapped a couple of arms while pinning, green-stuffing and glueing all the shields and swords. Each of the Knights has a cool pose as well, while all the arms are magnetised for transport and potential arm swaps in the future (should I inexplicably decide for one game that I need tactical terminators or an extra pair of claws). Next step - application of many chains, and some brass details to cover a few scars.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

No, more like the scraping and shaving of heretical (I mean DA) markings ;)

There are a few sections of the tabards that could do with a nice Templar cross on them to cover up my sloppy modelling work, along with a few spots on the greaves where I filed off or filled in wing/angel motifs. I reckon Thursday is my prime opportunity to finish them off.

Had a couple of great battles today!

Facing down the Xenos threat today:

Castellan (Captain) with Thunderhammer and Shield Eternal.

+

Allied 'Hereticus Inquisitor' (Uriah Jacobus).

Riding in an LRC with a 1/7/2 Crusader Squad armed to the teeth with Sword/Bomb, Melta and Maul.

---

Emperor's Champion Armand du Lancel.

+

Relic-Servitor 'Z34L0U5' (Allied Priest with Litanies of Faith)'.

Riding in an LRC with a 1/7/3 Crusader squad armed as above.

---

Ironclad Dreadnought with two heavy flamers in a pod.

---

Allied Battle Sister Squad

5 sisters, with a maul/bomb and two flamers.

Riding in a BT Stormraven with TL-Lascannons and TL-Multimelta.

This came to exactly 1850 and gave a really solid-feeling list that was very Templar and surprisingly simple. (Two tanks on the board, one pod and one flyer in reserve!).

The list is designed as a reasonable all-comers list as I expected to play both Eldar and Dark Angels today.

Enemy was a blend of DE, Harlequins and Eldar again.

Death Jester (warlord)

Solitaire

Shadowseer

Fire-prism

Wave serpent with dire avengers.

Autarch and guardians.

2 Venoms with Kabalite warriors

Raider with haemonculus and liquifier, plus kabalites.

Razorwing

Voidraven

2 units of scourges with 4 haywire guns each. I think that was it.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/F015793B-8526-49FE-A703-4A2B67911A65_zpstpnvneep.jpg

I rolled the 'move through cover and stealth in ruins' trait thanks to my re-roll, which was a godsend for this list. I managed to wipe out his guardians turn one with the dread (they had hopped out their serpent to take an objective so it could try and fly over to take another in some ruins, but amusingly immobilised itself). The dread gained me first blood and made linebreaker with his drop-pod. This put his warlord on the back-foot and he scampered backwards through the ruins away from the dread. The shadowseer proved somewhat unhelpful as he infiltrated it too far away and it never had much impact, except it managed to 'fog' the dread once so in turn two I only managed two hits against the enemy warlord which he managed to save on his invuln.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/F1E512EE-E320-4B89-8C0B-5024B61EA324_zpstlsgxo6y.jpg

His reinforcements arrived fairly piece-meal (his fighter came turn three, followed by my raven. His void bomber only came turn 4).

One unit of scourges came down against the warlord tank turn two but only managed a single glance due to my ruins cover-save. They were swiftly butchered by the squad charging out in my turn. The warlord charged out independently and smashed up the fire prism which had only managed a glance turn 1 against the other tank.

My champion LRC drew a lot of fire over two turns, but weathered it and held the middle well while scoring some points. Even better, the mysterious objective it was holding was +1 to his cover save (which was already great). The solitaire was the worst, putting out two 'auto-glances' in CC against it. However, its full-effect shooting in turn two only managed a glance against the enemy raider which webway-ed out onto an objective I needed.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/DEFB4DF5-BAD6-4021-9E47-52AA633FB093_zpsfaq3t1md.jpg

When it was down to 1 hull point in turn three, the crusaders came out on one side, charging the second set of scourges and wiping them out. Simultaneously the other crusader squad had pushed up and assaulted a squad of kabalites in the ruins behind, wiping them too. (The LRC had wrecked their vehicle after it immobilised itself deep striking into ruins). The weakened LRC pulled off a beautiful ram move which finished off the raider, forcing the survivors out the other side. This meant they weren't contesting anymore and I picked up two more VPs. Meanwhile, the Champion and his priest-Servitor had disembarked out the other side, letting them charge the solitaire and challenging him. The re-rolls really helped, keeping my Champion safe and putting a wound on the Xenos trickster. (Dang thing had eternal warrior so my ID hit didnt work :()

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/F883B962-1A9D-4E4F-9B5D-9341716CE0AE_zpso1almwqt.jpg

Further up the table, the death jester had made both his invulns against the dread's ID attacks before using hit and run to flee into the edge of a crater, hoping to escape. (He was about to try and wound my crusaders near the board edge, forcing them to run off the table with his special rule, but Jacobus's banner was giving them fearless ;))

Now fairly exposed, Jacobus and the Castellan left their unit to charge those kabalites and rushed the enemy warlord who died quickly in the challenge against my Castellan.

My storm raven had arrived turn three and promptly blown the enemy jet fighter up with Multimelta and Lascannon penetrating hits. My dread clambered through the ruins and held another objective for me. My opponent conceded, having only a venom, shadowseer and solitaire left in the fight. (Along with a void raven bomber which was guaranteed to arrive, but all my units were in minimum 4+ cover and some in 3+).

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/810B39FB-B0EF-42C1-B7E5-1A64A69F2382_zpsf2joddxc.jpg

I won 8-6, but it felt fairly decisive. Two turns were definitely enough to table him, and he had nothing that could contest any objectives from my troop choices. Also I realised that the Templars had suffered zero casualties - even the LRCs hadn't been wrecked, losing only 4 hull points between them. Those hull points were the only damage suffered!)

The second game saw 4 players running 750 point lists with combat-patrol FOCs. I allied with a Dark Angel player and the store manager ran Eldar allied to the same Dark Eldar player.

The Eldar took a basic Autarch and Dire Avengers in a wave serpent. They added a fireprism tank and a super-shooty wraithknight...

I had somewhat anticipated this kind of shenanigan and ran a list with a chapter master with TH/SE, 9 crusaders with a Melta bomb, gun and maul, all in my trusty 'raven. Of course my ironclad in a pod remained too ;)

My ally chose to take:

Belial with a command squad of terminators packing claws/cyclone/apothecary etc.

5 scouts with rifles and cloaks.

Large tac-squad with plasma gun.

Small tac squad with Bolters.

The DE took the 'monculous and raider squad, two scourge units, a razorwing and a Venom.

The Xenos won the roll-off but inexplicably let us deploy first? We chuckled and placed two tac squads in the ruins on our home objectives, having managed to cluster them on the left, mirroring two enemy objectives. Fifth was in the exposed crater in the centre of the other four, and the final one was in enemy territory further off to our right.

Highlights:

Dread drops next to the venom which had the far objective - they laugh saying it was 'bait' for the dread. I score a pen and a glance with the flamers and destroy it. I claim first blood while the pod is sitting in linebreaker and point out to the DE player that he has no units on the board at the end of his turn. They stop laughing :P We generously offer to waive the rule ;)

The tac squads weather storms of fire bravely, though their plasma gun never managed to wound the wraithknight. The scouts are infiltrated just slightly out of range of the knight, so their rifles never get much to shoot at :/

Belial and his boys, however, make a suicidal deep-strike move turn two, landing behind the wave serpent and prism tank. Unfortunately, all their shooting only manages a single hull point against the serpent but at least manages to immobilise it.

They tank return fire from every unit on the board, making a crazy number of saves but eventually leaving just the claw-nator, apothecary and Belial. The dire avengers charge them and Belial challenges the Autarch. They duel it out for a couple of turns till alone and with one wound remaining, The DA finishes him off.

So where are the Templars? Well my warlord trait gave me reserve re-rolls, which saved me from embarrassment upon rolling a two first time ;) The Templar Raven came up the left flank, putting a wound on the knight. The dread escaped unscathed from the scourge unit which was the only enemy arrival in turn two. He then roasted the unit off the board with his heavy flamers.

Turn three and the Raven dropped to hover and scooted up alongside the ruins in front of the knight. Shooting only manages to destroy the secondary weapon of the prism tank. The Marshal charged out the assault ramp and ducked the overwatch shooting of the monstrous creature, putting one more wound on the behemoth while tanking the return hits on his artificer armour. The crusaders disembarked into the ruins and meltagunned the serpent, wrecking it.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/B3BBDB8C-84BC-45DB-9CC0-A1D904D2DEDB_zpscq69jgry.jpg

Scourges arrive but scatter behind the woods and fail to hurt the dread again. Raider drops in and dark-lances the walker, destroying a weapon arm. The liquifier gun kills a scout in the building behind the vehicle. The insane number of poisoned rifle shots manages to kill off the remaining four. Enemy flyer arrives but the Templar flyer jinks to avoid its lances and the prism tank's shot. This time the marshal puts out plenty of wounds and the knight fails his invuln saves, toppling to the ground. He consolidates into the same ruins as the crusaders.

Turn four and the dread claims the nearby objective and destroys the dark lance on the raider, as well as killing three passengers. The crusaders charge into the rear of the dire avengers, killing off the remaining xenos and surrounding Belial.

The raven skims over to the central exposed objective, claiming it and snap-firing at the prism, but to no avail.

The marshal continues his rampage, scrambling over the wrecked serpent and smashing apart the prism tank.

The enemy concede, taking just long enough to finally wreck the dread through the scourges' haywire shooting.

The few remaining foes are outgunned and retreat. The Templar arrival has saved many Sons of the Lion, including Belial himself, once again suffering no casualties save for the incapacitation of their interred brother. His sarcophagus was recovered after the battle ;)

With FB/STW/LB and 3 objectives, the Astartes win 6-0.

Huzzah!

So, we are almost there:

The highest calling for a Sword Brethren of the Renascibilitas Crusade is to serve in the honoured 'Reclusiam Guardians.' Answering directly to the crusade's Master of Sanctity, they are holy warriors, bedecked in the most blessed relics. The brothers of the entire crusade venerate them above all else, as the most devoted sons of Dorn and the finest examples of a Black Templar Knight. They are led in battle by their own elected Castellan of the Reclusiam.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/2154D982-CBE0-4754-8656-19A8F4CA5830_zpsrgvsoy4d.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/BD2CF21F-BAF4-4542-BA50-8D5DD28AFCB7_zpshfn3i8oi.jpg

Should the Master of Sanctity himself take to the field of battle, his trusted Castellan lays aside his own shield and bears instead the Blade-fists of Dorn. A symbol of his duty - to lay down his life for the cause if required - he sacrifices his own shield to act as personal bodyguard to the Master of Sanctity, challenging those who would face him to singular and furious combat. The bladed gauntlets he wears are each made from fragments of ancient and broken relic blades, each once wielded by a Templar champion until the day he fell. Every foe he slays with them now is in honour of a fallen hero of the chapter.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/D02632BB-9D6A-454B-9858-D467CED6C5BC_zpsncl66vl8.jpg

Also, Chaplain Mortshtekk has been modifying his bike with more lanterns and scrolls:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/26C1CCAC-946D-4CE5-9D43-6160E74CFB81_zpskdwoppu8.jpg

The lightning claw dude looks wicked.  Nice use of the brass etchings.  Hope you got it good and flush against the plastic though.  It can end up looking really garish when you've got sharp edges floating above the model. 

Where'd you get the chains?  They seem to be just the right size for infantry.

Edited by Firepower

Yes, it was quite hard work getting the bends right, but I think they are all flush. I'll go over them again later with a little dab of liquid GS if I find any sneaky gaps.

The chains were an Amazon model-maker seller. The trick is the 'links per inch' measurement. These are 27 lpi, absolutely spot-on for terminators but perhaps just a touch too large for PA guys. I got 30 inches or something, but used it all up on 6 pairs of arms and a little leftover for the biker. It wasn't too hard to work with either.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/B9BB5088-43BF-42E6-8B1F-E8228C3084A3_zps2mjyqatp.jpg

Also, don't worry - there will also be candles ;)

Neophyte head-swap test:

Thoughts?

I am concerned it is maybe just a teeny fraction over-sized...

But, by drilling out the torso a little, it fits better and I managed to make the guy seem slightly less stunted/hunched and a little more imposing. In effect, a little more like he is an engineered super-solider in the making. Also I really like the more crusader-y vibe of these helmets.

What do you think?

Yeah, too big for my own tastes.  A thought: shave the head to a flat surface just above the bolts/trim, like the helmets you see on Bretonnian knights.  Still plenty knightly, without the extra height throwing off the already awkward proportions of the Scout model (damn those humps!).

Edited by Firepower

aaaand....

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/165B0003-09A3-4BD8-BF12-4D66D1A7E6F1_zpshwlu8qqz.jpg

CANDLES!

I think that is the finishing touch to the squad. Each terminator carries a single inextinguishable candle, visually carrying the Emperor's light into the darkest places.

And -

NEO-FIIIIGHTS!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/13ABC631-06A6-40F6-AA10-C0FCAB0AB62C_zps6selwt2b.jpg

I have 11 neophytes in a mix of metal/plastic. However, I really disliked the plastic heads and wanted some cool helmets to mix among the bareheaded metal figures. These ones turned out to be a bit too large (aimed more at use as alternate PA heads) but they have trimmed down pretty well. My next purchase of scouts will get these heads and probably some templar sprue pistols/chainswords to really up the zeal level.

Got a game in today, and it was quite a hefty one. 6 players, 3 each side. 2500 of Harli/Eld/DE (including three wraithknights) allied with 500 points of skitaari and 1500 of Dark Angels.

Our team was two players with 1500 points of wolves each and my Templars. I ran a new 1500 point list designed to be my fun 'any comer' in my local meta:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306182-1500-black-templar-all-comer/?do=findComment&comment=4009595

I deployed on the right flank opposite the bulk of the DAs, keeping plenty of distance between me and the wolfy witches ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/9D7A0703-315F-4DA9-B37D-344D6A64E49A_zpswnwosv0l.jpg

Highlights:

Allied imperial knight smashed up a wraithknight in CC.

Crusaders massacre enemy assault squad.

Neophytes soak up 10 or so wounds on their 4+ armour saves in a single round of shooting.

LRC scores two rending hits with assault cannon against enemy landraider, wrecking it.

Castellan charges alone and slays the warlord while crusaders wipe another squad.

Ironclad wipes a whole unit of skitaari on the drop *except* the sergeant who miraculously survives on a single wound after making his 5+FNP. He then wrecks the dread next turn with an abundance of haywire shooting :/

Both my new units (termies and LotD) never made it to the table - raven got stunned on turn three before I could disembark. Turn three we were in a rush to wrap up the game so I didn't even bother to roll for them :/ typical new-model syndrome.

The foul traitors were nonetheless defeated, the glorious crusading chapters securing a solid victory, holding 5 of 6 objectives and winning on maelstrom VPs.

Awesome game, fun had by all!