Relentless vs Slow and Purposeful

Gideon999

Quick question brothers!

I know if I have a model with SnP in a unit it makes the entire unit relentless, but does the same hold true for stock relentless as well?   IE - can I put an IC in Terminator Armour with my devastators to give them relentless?

Thanks!

Slow and Purposeful is worded with - "A unit that contains at least one model..."

- So one slow and purposeful model in a unit means the whole unit has slow and purposeful.

Relentless, on the other hand, is worded - "Relentless models can..."

- So only a model with the relentless rule is relentless, his unit is not (unless they also have the relentless USR)

The key is in the wording.

Any rule that includes the phrase "a unit that contains at least one model..." means the whole unit has it of one model in the unit has it.

Any rule that does not include that line only applies to the individual models that possess that special rule.

Simple.

You have two different problems here.  Slow and Purposeful essentially make the unit that has it Relentless.  So if you put and IC with Slow And Purposeful in a unit, yes, that unit becomes relentless.

The  other issue you have, Terminator Armored IC's are not Slow and Purposeful.  They are Relentless, with the caveat that they are also not allowed to perform a Sweeping Advance.  This does not make them Slow and Purposeful, as Terminators can still Run in the shooting phase.

Dam1en laid out the rest.

Archived