Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Raven Guard Thunderhawk List 2k

raven guard 2k thunderhawk list

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,926 posts

PRIMARY DETACHMENT

• Raven Guard

HQ

• Chaplain - Jump Pack, Teeth of Terra

ELITES

• Sternguard - x10 Sternguard, x10 Combi Meltas

TROOPS

• Scout Squad - Shotguns, LSS
  • Tactical Squad - x10 Marines total, Meltagun, MM, Combi Melta, Rhino

FAST ATTACK

• Assault Marines - x9 marines total, x2 flamer, Sarg with CS, MB and PW

LORD OF WAR

• Thunderhawk Gunship - Turbo-laser Destructor

INQUISITORIAL DETACHMENT

HQ

• Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - Psyker (Psychic Communion), x3 Servo Skulls, Force Sword

FORTIFICATION

• Void Relay Network - x2 Generators(2 shields each), Promethium Pipe relay

The idea behind this is that the Scouts in the LSS help guard themselves and the Tacs under the void shields in the backfield. The AM/Chap can either be in the TH to assist the Stern or under the void shields with the troops to act as a QRF should my opponent have deep strikers. The LSS and Rhino can grab objectives later in the game. Servo Skulls are for preventing scout rushes. The Tacs can be squaded as needed.

The Thunderhawk can carry the following squads/fill the following roles per mission requirement:

(Also take into consideration its going to have a full turn to fire on some things)

• Backfield Cleaner: AM+SG - The AM go infantry hunting and the SG go tank hunting as needed.
  • Backfield Claimer/Titan Hunter: TM+SG - They clear out an opponents objective and claim it. The combination of melta and the Thawks loadout make for very dead very large things or lots of dead smaller things.
  • Dedicated Fire support: Empty - A gunship does as a gunship does. Everything else starts under the voids and holds the backfield until I need to grab objectives. LSS and Rhino can scout as needed.
  • Drop Ship: TMs, SG, Scouts - Should I need to spread my army around and let the Thawk do its deadly business.

Considerations:

• Drop the Inquisitor for another scout squad. I can already have 3 standard scoring units but Servo Skulls and Communion are tech.
  • Drop the Inquisitor for Cluster Bombs. For those hordes.

Thoughts?

Edited by Nusquam, 24 December 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Lord Doyok

Lord Doyok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

You actually have a Thunderhawk?! Wow..

I knew nothing about that Fortification.

Signature_zpsb0f6c8da.jpg

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,920 posts
Don't really like the small number of scoring units in this list. You rely too much on the thunderhawk being able to keep the tactical safe. I'd highly suggest getting at least 3 scoring units (2 tacticals and 1 scout squad is what I'd recommend)

The fortifications and Cortez don't seem to match and feel less fluffy and by consequence more power game-y. But that's just me.

- Sy

Nusquam

Nusquam

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,926 posts

Coteaz isn't in this list ha. The idea is that a RG strike force working with an Inquisitor are mobilizing to take out an enemy. Scouts and tacs are forward observers while they call in a thunderhawk.

There are a lot of wave serpents and blast masters in my tournament meta so the voids soak fire. Last tournament, in one game I lost all infantry to things that ignored cover. I may drop the network to just one VG with 3 shields though... I don't expect a Revenant... but I do expect a Macro Cannon...

If I wanted to power game I would have Coteaz and Jokeros in there.

Since combat squads can embark on the same transport now it's easier to work with lower numbers. So I can have 3 scoring units, which I
mentioned in my OP. Psychic communion helps ensure the Thawk comes in.

You actually have a Thunderhawk?! Wow..
I knew nothing about that Fortification.

I'm kit bashing two Stormravens and a Vindicator to make my own Thawk. The fortification is from Stronghold assault.

Lord Doyok

Lord Doyok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts
What does it do? The fortification.

Signature_zpsb0f6c8da.jpg

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,420 posts
This list is so light on bodies that against another army with D weapons you may very well not have anything left before the THUNDERHAWK shows up.... Popping a void network isn't hard for eldar serpent spam and the rest of their army can then shoot at you.

Nusquam

Nusquam

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,926 posts

If they can pop all the void shields and clear out upwards of 35 bodies, with several void shields in whats likely going to be one turn, then they out-played me. Not much I can do against that kind of firepower if I include a Thawk. I don't intend to become a world champion with this list, I just really want to use a Thunderhawk, RG style, and to be able to handle things like Titans and Aquila Strongpoints.

What does it do? The fortification.

It allows you to take 1-3 Void Shield generators, 1-3 Promethium Pipe Relays and 0-3 Honoured Imperiums. The idea is you take one pipe system and up to three void shield generators(which can essentially give up to 3 AV12  12" bubbles that regenerate on a 5+). The pipe is essentially an Aegis line that gives flame weapons torrent and has a small chance to spew flames at you.