Hit a dry spot with the Iron Dragons, so I decided to start talking about the other Power Armor Army I'd ever build.

A Chaos Space Marine Warband based on the original inspiration for all things Slaanesh, The Death Leopards possess the same levels of maturity, seriousness, and grimdark as Rogue Trader did.  None whatsoever.  The Death Leopards are campy, goofy, and completely silly, and they love every minute of it.  They paint their armor to pay tribute to the most hideous fashions of the 1980s, and those who eschew helmets tend to grow their hair long, bleach it, and then add gallons of product in order to make it reminiscent of a Polish Chicken.

As many of their Elites choices will be Noise Marines as possible, and the Sonic Weapons would be custom built to look like the First Edition models.  Sonic Blasters would be Electric Guitars, Blastmasters would be Electric Bass Guitars, and Doom Sirens would be backpack-mounted speakers hooked up to a mic in the Marine's hand.  Fast Attack would be entirely Bikes.  If possible, Daemonettes would be fielded as well.

Fluff-wise, the Death Leopards are just as unabashedly silly.  Much of the 'in-universe' knowledge would be presented as excerpts from the interrogation of a single Traitor Marine captured by the Inquisition.  For example, the section about the Warband's Origin would contain a portion of the questioning where the Marine was asked that question, and his response would be that he said that there is no single origin, and that the members of the group were brought together by a shared love of "METAAAAAAAL!!!", at which point the record would make a note that this was the point at which the subject began his habit of occasionally shouting certain words in a voice a few octaves higher than his speaking one, despite numerous attempts by the Interrogator to stop him.  He'd refer to the Chaos Powers the Warband serves as "The Label", and he'd use the term "Tour" to refer to the times that the Warband attacked Imperial worlds, with "Shows" being the term for the actual attacking of planets.

Finally, I feel like mentioning that the opening of the report would talk about the beginning of the interrogation.  It'd mention that the interrogation started poorly, with the subject not responding, but then it was realized that the subject was nearly entirely deaf and simply wasn't aware that anyone was talking to him, at which point things started picking up, especially when the Interrogator threatened to touch his hair, which got him talking.

"Brother, where are the party favours?"

"Armageddon it!"

"Okay, Let's get rocked!"

"Didn't you say the Orks are attacking?"

"Yeah, they've just launched a Rocket at us!"

"Filthy Animals!"

I could go on happy.png but I won't! laugh.png

I had an idea for a campaign of theirs that was set off when they heard that an Imperial band popular with the Hive youths claimed to be the band that played the loudest in the Galaxy.  Five worlds were rocked to death before they finally found them and challenged their claim, which ended in the entire planet reduced to rubble.

Also, they're frequently found associating with a renegade Sororitas Order whose original name has been long since lost to time, and is now known only by their former nickname, The Maidens of Iron.

Archived