Gaunt's Ghosts

Just finished Salvation's Reach yesterday. Had it for a while, but let life get int he way of reading it. This thread galvanized me, so I powered through it.

Damn good book. I actually liked that only the last like fifteen, twenty percent of the book was the battle itself.

I rather liked the distinction made between the Marines and Guard from the Guard perspective, both on and off the battlefield. Usually, books tend to either have one or the other all by themselved, and if it has both then we see it from the Marine perspective.

Also, :cuss Meryn or whatever his name is. Running a scam on the dead? Falsifying marriage papers using signatures of some of the kept women to get their widow comp? Not even trying to save Yoncy?

He ain't no Cuu, but the fether needs to be put down hardcore in the next book.

Edit: Man tears were shed over Dorden. He will be missed.

There is a bigger bit in the book I would like to discuss, but it might be too big of a spoiler to even hide in spoilers.

Anyone know when Warmaster is expected? I had heard Dec. 2013, but I suppose it has been delayed.

Tried linking this to Kol's earlier comments about Mkvenner but would say re-read the end of Armour of Contempt....can't get spoiler tags working or else would post it

Same as things like quotes, or making something bold, or italicizing it, with the word 'spoiler'

[spoi*ler]Spoils go here, if you remove the asterisks.[/spoi*ler]

Spoils go here, if you remove the asterisks.

You can also just quote someone with a spoiler, and delete what you don't need or copy/paste away what you do.

Don't forget the Marine, who is different enough from both the Guardsman and the Crusader. Or his Warhammer Fantasy work.

It is almost as if he is an author of varied talent, rather than the one-trick pony that many scifi and fantasy authors tend to be.

. Another resurgence of Abnett's epilepsy. Sadness.

That breaks my heart, though I can understand. My wife has had to deal with epilepsy all her life, so I get how tough it can be to get back to a normal life after an episode.

My heart goes out to him and his family.

Archived