What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

dante needs to be 30 to 40 points cheaper, also he should be eternal warrior and his axe should be unique.

astorarh again needs a 30 to 40 points reduction.

Sanguinor should be 50pts cheaper.

mephiston, make him an independent character and give him a iron halo.

tycho should be 25 to 35 points cheaper and should grant preferred enemy: ork to all.

librarians, reclusiarch, captians and thier wargear are overpriced point reductions for all.

i like the honour guard but jump packs should be 5pts each.

corbulo and lemartes should be hq choises

you should be aloud 1 preist for every unit maybe as an upgrade (but not take the sergent position).

death company jump packs should be 5pts.

tactical squads/assault squads/devastators should be brought into line with Codex space marines.

rhinos should be 40pts.

i'd like to keep the landraiders as dedicated transports.

vanguard vets jump packs should be 5pts and codex heroic intervention should stay.

we should only pay 5pts extra for overcharged engine on the predator/vindicator/whirlwind.

wish list done :)

p.s new units 

assault centurians

devastator centurians

storm talon or blood angel fighter jet

hunter and stalker

and maybe a model for Rafen

A lot of good points in this thread. I'd love to get a new Assault Marine kit, and C:BA would be the perfect place to introduce one. I'm also hoping/expecting to see the Storm Talon and the Hunter/Stalker AA Tanks added to our arsenal. Re-costing our units would go a long way in my book, but I would like to see the Red Thirst revamped a bit. Descend of Angels I like the way it currently is.

And yeah, remove the Sanguinor and maybe also Astorath. Or at least fix their too over the top backgrounds. And Lemartes needs to be the High Chaplain again!

A lot of good points in this thread. I'd love to get a new Assault Marine kit, and C:BA would be the perfect place to introduce one. I'm also hoping/expecting to see the Storm Talon and the Hunter/Stalker AA Tanks added to our arsenal. Re-costing our units would go a long way in my book, but I would like to see the Red Thirst revamped a bit. Descend of Angels I like the way it currently is.

And yeah, remove the Sanguinor and maybe also Astorath. Or at least fix their too over the top backgrounds. And Lemartes needs to be the High Chaplain again!

Agreed on the first part, but I have to disagree on the second.

I think the Sangunor and Astorath are here to stay. For one the Blood Angels lack some mystery to them and I feel that although the Sanguinor is a bit much, I like the concept and I think GW might too.

As for Astorath, we might be better off expecting the death of Lemartes with our new Codex just as they "killed off" Tycho. And having Astorath as a Sterner High Chaplain is pretty Fluffy for the Blood Angels as that is how our Chaplains are described to be. Seeking out and putting an end to marines who have succumbed to the Black Rage/Red Thirst either by inducting them in the Death Company on the battle field or righteously killing them off on the spot.

And yeah, remove the Sanguinor and maybe also Astorath. Or at least fix their too over the top backgrounds. And Lemartes needs to be the High Chaplain again!

I think the Sangunor and Astorath are here to stay. For one the Blood Angels lack some mystery to them and I feel that although the Sanguinor is a bit much, I like the concept and I think GW might too.

As for Astorath, we might be better off expecting the death of Lemartes with our new Codex just as they "killed off" Tycho. And having Astorath as a Sterner High Chaplain is pretty Fluffy for the Blood Angels as that is how our Chaplains are described to be. Seeking out and putting an end to marines who have succumbed to the Black Rage/Red Thirst either by inducting them in the Death Company on the battle field or righteously killing them off on the spot.

Well yeah, it's all about preferences really. I personally dislike these two characters purely because of their background, the same way I dislike Draigo and other similar additions to the lore. I don't object anything new per se, as long as it's in the spirit of the background. For example Sanguinary Guard are a great addition in my mind. These two jokers... not so much. tongue.png

So pretty much agree to disagree.

And yeah, remove the Sanguinor and maybe also Astorath. Or at least fix their too over the top backgrounds. And Lemartes needs to be the High Chaplain again!

While I quite loathe the background of the Sanguinor and the Astorath and would like nothing better than them to disappear like they came, I'm afraid you're right, blackord. There's models for them, they're gonna stay.

However I don't believe that we're going to lose Lemartes, or that they'll let him die. We already have a tragic hero story (and boy, what a story Tycho's last stand is), so why create another? It's not like Lemartes was Captain, or the highest ranking officer...if I remember correctly, he wasn't even High Chaplain, he was just about the only Chaplain ever mentioned, really. Aaand then he's got a beautiful model, he's gonna stay, too. ;)

Anyways, I'm with Terrahawk on this one, at least for most parts. I don't really care for the Talon or the AA-tanks. ;)

What would actually be needed is a buff to our Captains, both in the armoury and in the rules, to make them viable again. It has been mentioned before in this thread, I'd like to be able to play Herohammer without named characters. :P

New Red Thirst, updated rules for Sanguinary Priests, Dante, Mephiston and Tycho/Psycho, and as for new stuff, the Scout Speeder would be ace(I'd take that in exchange for the Talon!), and a plasmacannon on Terminators perhaps.

What else...mostly point reductions I think. JPs cheaper all around, no matter what unit entry.

Oh...and one quite big thing.

The Assault Veterans. I want them back. With an option to "train"(buy) them in heroic intervention. I want them to be the versatile, fast-moving and hard-hitting veteran squads they used to be, with all the options of our current vanguards and the old style. Meltaguns, Plasmaguns, powerweapons all around, stormshields, Jump-Packs or mechanised...lovely.

Speaking of preferences, I wouldn't mind to Sternguards disappear in exchange for that...

And...finally a cover that's nice and fitting for both sides of our Chapter's soul. Just if it doesn't include the Sanguinor and Astorath. sick.gif

Snorri

Leksington - perhaps that rumour of snap fit BA models could be something less likely as unit boxes, but perhaps, something more in line with a new army / edition box - akin to the BR and DV boxsets (yes I know those usually come out with new editions, but there was also Space Hulk don't forget!) - who knows smile.png

You might be right!

This sort of moves more towards something appropriate for the rumors section, but the new BA marines rumor came on the heels of rumors of 7th edition arriving this year. 6th to 7th would not be nearly as big as 5th to 6th was, and the new BRB would contain Escalation and Stronghold Assault in it (and they are working on a discount for those who already bought digital version of Escalation and Stronghold).

So news of the new BA and Necron models started (unsubstantiated) speculation that there might be a new BA v. Necrons starter set.

an across the board points reduction would be good. I'd also like to see the red thirst go to a turn based type thing, maybe test at the begining of every turn until you fail and then you're stuck with it the rest of the game.

What I'd really like to see is some kind of new flyer, maybe a BA variant of the nephilim.

Leksington - perhaps that rumour of snap fit BA models could be something less likely as unit boxes, but perhaps, something more in line with a new army / edition box - akin to the BR and DV boxsets (yes I know those usually come out with new editions, but there was also Space Hulk don't forget!) - who knows smile.png

You might be right!

This sort of moves more towards something appropriate for the rumors section, but the new BA marines rumor came on the heels of rumors of 7th edition arriving this year. 6th to 7th would not be nearly as big as 5th to 6th was, and the new BRB would contain Escalation and Stronghold Assault in it (and they are working on a discount for those who already bought digital version of Escalation and Stronghold).

So news of the new BA and Necron models started (unsubstantiated) speculation that there might be a new BA v. Necrons starter set.

This would put the time line for both C:BA and a new edition fairly close to each other as well... Hopefully if these rumours are true, that they are less static as the DV DA models.

On the whole Sanguinor/Astorath thing. I really like Astorath, I think his fluff is great, and he is actually really good. I don't think we will see many tweaks to his axe because its current rules are quite powerful. Just needs a points decrease.

Sanguinor, don't care much for him.

I want to be able to assault and not worry about bloody overwatch gunning me down. Some sort of defensive/offensive grenade that can be used to suppress overwatch, or re-roll successful hits all together. Maybe a grenade that forces the opponent to take a leadership test of some sort. If failed, cannot shoot overwatch, if passed, re roll successful hits of 6's, forces overwatch to always hit on 6's, instead of full BS for some units.

I really hate charging into a unit of Tau, and get shot at from every unit clustered up in that area. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new dex really brings assault back, and makes the BA a force to be reckoned with.

I would love an assault cannon option for our tactical marines, who cares about heavy bolters, we're BA. We love assault cannons. Assault cannon side sponsons on Baal preds yes please... Assault cannon on drop pods yes please... Dual assault cannon dreads, why not. (without contemptor dread price tag)

I really liked the idea of a jump pack dev unit with melta guns. I'd rather stay away from grav weapons and give us something more unique. I'd gladly take a rapid fire/assault 2 melta weapon of some sort.

This edition has nerfed assault so badly, I have a really good feeling about our new dex. Fingers crossed!!

If there's a connection between a new C:BA and the 7th edition, I think we'll have to wait at least two years for either one to arrive. 6th isn't really old enough to justify a new edition, is it?

Snorri

Its not so much a new edition Snorri.

Its rumours call it 7th but we all see it as 6.5 really. As in 6th edition+escalation+data slates and the like.

thinking about our veterans, maybe the vanguard and sternguard could be merged into one unit with the option for jump packs for 5 pts per model.
i still think we need +1 inicitive and +1 strength on the charge,  this should be furious charge or chalice related.

I'd like to see a high chaplain option that has a choice of JP or not this would be good for flesh tearers. Also helpfull if this was the way to get more than 1 unit of DC rather than having to borrow / counts as having astorath which I think is important to fluff as they have higher chance to fall to rage than BA and better chance to get red thirst

I'd like to see

Wouldnt mind if they dropped furious charge all together now

BA Chapter tactics = 6+ feel no pain

Keep descent of Angels the same

Sanguinary Priests have 2 wounds and increase FnP of all BA to 4 +

Lots of points reductions, especially for jump packs

Make Dante Stand out amongst all Chapter Masters, like he should!

Give ALL our characters proper rules, why are BA the only SM chapter with characters that cannot join squads ?? golly gee!

Captains get Artifcer armour!

Furioso's remain awsome, Frag cannons can remain the same, but maybe retweek blood talons the infinite attack thing is a bit silly and so is ap3 on a melee walker!

Make overcharged engines OPTIONAL and reduce its cost since its nerfed from 5th ed

I wouldnt like to see Sanguinor removed, but retcon his fluff and come up with something more real. Maybe the Tittle of The Sanguinor could be given to the head of the Sanguinary guard. Since he isnt a ghost you could make him an IC!!!

I don't think we need any new units, access to centurians and thunderfire cannons would be nice, but not critical. If they were going to add anything new bring back Moriar the Chosen or add some new succesor chapter characters.

Not really sure what I'd like, besides nice artwork and layout. 

I guess more wargear options for the captains and bigger Sanguinary guard squads. 

Ohh ohh ohh! And that DC Dante can join a DC squad. (I have been told he can't since he does not have the IC rule as DC Dante :-) )

Ohh! And more bat wings!

Fair point. I could see GW publishing an 'expansion pack' with all the previously published stuff for the price of a limited edition rulebook. Perhaps we might see a new codex after all. teehee.gif

Snorri

A bit like the old "Compilation" for Rouge Trader or perhaps it was for 2nd ed back in the day.

I'd like to see

BA Chapter tactics = 6+ feel no pain

I really hope not... thats not really remotely in keeping with how the BAs have been portrayed, and steps on the Iron Hands toes. 

It could be something like all BAs get furious charge, and either once per game, or once per turn each squad makes a check and if they roll a 1, they get rage and possibly fearless, that would mean that all BAs are ferocious (represented by +1 Str on the charge) but if they give in to the 'animal within' they would to all intents and purposes be proto death company. 

What I would like to see is consistency with current SM codex and consistency within the codex

Therefore 10-man squad Sanguinary Guard

point - prize drop

New Character: Master of the Sanguinary Guard 

New Character: Brother Rafen

Artificer Armor for characters

Glaives for characters

Dante strikes on INI

Veteran Sergeants to have same options as Vanguards/Sternguards

Assaulting from Drop Pod and after Deep Strike (at least with Vanguards)

Assault Bikes

Power Weapons on Terminators

Land Speeder Storm

NEW MODEL OF MEPHISTON!!!!!!!

All BA succumb to bloodlust, its just how/if they control it that differs. They should get furious charge as standard, as per 3rd edition. It makes sense as anybody taking assault BA will take a priest, and it doesn't really matter for tactical squads.

Universal FC is also pretty pale in comparison to what other chapters get, so they should retain Descent of Angels.

Things I would like to see:

Dante's axe being I6 (either make it one of the few AP2 weapons that strikes at initiative, or nerf it to AP3 or something)

General points shuffling to bring our units in line with other codices

For the love of Sanguinius, wargear options! Especially on captains - even just arty armour and glaive encarmine access would do the job

I would -expect- a new unit, but I struggle to see uncharted and thematic territory for BA to progress into

Top of my wishlist is the return (if you're old like me and remember them) of the Sanguinary High Priest to the HQ slot - I loved having my army led by a kick-ass apothecary. Even if Corbulo went back to the HQ selection I might be tempted to play counts-as.

Things I would like to see:

Dante's axe being I6 (either make it one of the few AP2 weapons that strikes at initiative, or nerf it to AP3 or something)

General points shuffling to bring our units in line with other codices

For the love of Sanguinius, wargear options! Especially on captains - even just arty armour and glaive encarmine access would do the job

I would -expect- a new unit, but I struggle to see uncharted and thematic territory for BA to progress into

Top of my wishlist is the return (if you're old like me and remember them) of the Sanguinary High Priest to the HQ slot - I loved having my army led by a kick-ass apothecary. Even if Corbulo went back to the HQ selection I might be tempted to play counts-as.

AP3 axe would be redundant even still at I6.  No one would use him still, because Mephy would still be better with his st.10 AP3 sword at higher Initiative.

They just need to give him back striking at Initiative.  I'd like to see a new Dante model personally as well.  I'd like to actually see all of our older character models updated.  Lemartes model is beautiful, I'd love to see that quality in Mephy, Dante, and Tycho.

I saw an early post about a new assault squad box, and I don't see us getting one.  We have the DC box, packed with bits.  I wish it included some melta guns though.  Tough to say what we will get, as a lot of our models aren't that dated.

While I quite loathe the background of the Sanguinor and the Astorath and would like nothing better than them to disappear like they came, I'm afraid you're right, blackord. There's models for them, they're gonna stay.

However I don't believe that we're going to lose Lemartes, or that they'll let him die. We already have a tragic hero story (and boy, what a story Tycho's last stand is), so why create another? It's not like Lemartes was Captain, or the highest ranking officer...if I remember correctly, he wasn't even High Chaplain, he was just about the only Chaplain ever mentioned, really. Aaand then he's got a beautiful model, he's gonna stay, too. msn-wink.gif

Anyways, I'm with Terrahawk on this one, at least for most parts. I don't really care for the Talon or the AA-tanks. msn-wink.gif

What would actually be needed is a buff to our Captains, both in the armoury and in the rules, to make them viable again. It has been mentioned before in this thread, I'd like to be able to play Herohammer without named characters. tongue.png

New Red Thirst, updated rules for Sanguinary Priests, Dante, Mephiston and Tycho/Psycho, and as for new stuff, the Scout Speeder would be ace(I'd take that in exchange for the Talon!), and a plasmacannon on Terminators perhaps.

What else...mostly point reductions I think. JPs cheaper all around, no matter what unit entry.

Oh...and one quite big thing.

The Assault Veterans. I want them back. With an option to "train"(buy) them in heroic intervention. I want them to be the versatile, fast-moving and hard-hitting veteran squads they used to be, with all the options of our current vanguards and the old style. Meltaguns, Plasmaguns, powerweapons all around, stormshields, Jump-Packs or mechanised...lovely.

Speaking of preferences, I wouldn't mind to Sternguards disappear in exchange for that...

And...finally a cover that's nice and fitting for both sides of our Chapter's soul. Just if it doesn't include the Sanguinor and Astorath. sick.gif

Snorri

Pretty much this. Also, I think something similar to the Carcharodons chapter tactics from Forge World would fit us pretty well:

Reavers of the Outer Darkness: All models with Chapter

Tactics (Carcharodons) gain the Fear special rule. In addition,
any model in a Tactical squad with the Reavers of the Outer
Darkness Chapter Tactic special rule may exchange a boltgun
they are already equipped with for a close combat weapon
(eg, chainsword/combat blade) for free or be equipped with an
additional close combat weapon for +1 point per model. Such
changes must be represented on the model.
Blood Hunger: All units with Chapter Tactics (Carcharodons)
gain the Rage special rule after they have either destroyed an
enemy infantry unit (of any type) in an assault or forced one
to Fall Back. Place a suitable marker on any unit that gains
the Rage special rule due to Chapter Tactics (Carcharodons)
to indicate this has occurred. When one of these marked
units makes a Consolidation move, it must move towards
the nearest enemy unit that it is capable of damaging in an
assault.
edit: After a bit of contemplation, I realised that the first one might not suit the Blood Angels as much as it would suit their more brutal successors, such as The Flesh Tearers or The Flesh Eaters.

Archived