What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Blood Angels are a ways off yet, currently on our schedule towards the end of the year or January of next year.

Next january?! Please say it ain't so!

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer. But on the other hand, it is not a good thing to be the first power-armoured Codex in an edition. Trust me on this, since I also have a sizable DA army. tongue.png

In addition to this, my 4 months old son is keeping me very busy currently, so this way I have more time to get my BAs to a better state before the 'dex hits.

I just started playing BA and I'm enjoying them in the current incarnation, overpriced and all. I'm actually happy I still have a few more months to play with this codex and get used to the jumper army. SW were my first army back in the rogue trader days, so getting the SW codex is almost as good :)

We'll find out soon enough but there are strong rumours that Bjorn and Logan Grimnar are going to be LoW choices in the new Codex Space Wolves.

I think Mephiston will definitely be a LoW choice, but will we have any more?

Also, I'm intrigued to see if Njall will have his own power, but I've not been able to dig up any information regarding their psychic powers. It really will be a shame if their Rune Priests are reduced to using the default powers.

Personally I think Dante should become LotW as well, because he is the oldest BA captain out there moreover his fluff indicates he is top notch BA character.

I personally just hope for BA specific SR version moreover some "update" to sang guard (with Sang guard character); while fluff-wise they are very cool, table top they are garbage.

Personally I think Dante should become LotW as well, because he is the oldest BA captain out there moreover his fluff indicates he is top notch BA character.

I personally just hope for BA specific SR version moreover some "update" to sang guard (with Sang guard character); while fluff-wise they are very cool, table top they are garbage.

There really isn't any way to justify making Dante a LoW, he isn't a combat beast like Mephiston is.  Then again, a lot of people don't believe Ghaz should be a LoW either, so who knows.

Dante and Sanguinor both need a drastic overhaul.  

There is nothing in Dante's statline or rules that really warrants his point line. Sanguinor is many times worse. 

Mephy and Sanguinor I can see becoming LoW, but unless said overhaul happens- Dante should stay.  An uber-master on bike running in at 25 points more than him is just silly, silly. 

This is over on Natfka right now, regarding the upcoming Space Wolves release:

Datacards Space Wolves $8
7 psychic power cards, and 36 tactical objective cards]Source

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get our own powers...

Also, is anyone saving up for the wallet-breaker edition yet?

Well... I have LE versions of C: Dark Angels, C: Space Marines and AB: High Elves, and have a very soft spot for BA collectibles. I'd love to have the most elite version of the 'dex, but at whopping 200€ I'm not sure if I can justify it to myself. That's like half a Playstation 4. tongue.png

But I'm almost certain when I see it in it's full angelic majesty, I'm clicking buy. I'm weak like that.

This is over on Natfka right now, regarding the upcoming Space Wolves release:

Datacards Space Wolves $8

7 psychic power cards, and 36 tactical objective cards]Source

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get our own powers...

You knows it! Hate to say I told you, but....

Well that's still what my money is backing.

I've got 140 saved up for BA. However I still need a new rulebook (Thanks GW furious.gif ) so I was probably going to pick up whatever box set they might put out.

I'd have to see what you get for 180 before I'd commit to it.

Also the rumors show that Space Wolves do get a set of Psychic Discipline called "Tempestas". Perhaps the same will go for BA? If so, I am guessing it's probably going to be some sort of blood magic discipline or something dry.png .

Sparkle - WC1

The psyker emits a powerful blast of radiation from his body that leaves his skin sparkling in the afterglow

Range 6", Nova. Units in range must take a blind test. Friendly non-BA units can re-roll a failed test.

Pancreatic curse - WC1, Primaris power

The psyker sends a slithering wyrm of pure warp energy towards an unfortunate enemy model.

Range 18", Focused Witchfire. The target model must immediately take two initiative tests, if one or both fails the model now has diabetes.... sad.png

Dante doesn't need HUGE changes. Give him EW (if Samael, Papa Smurf and Draigo can get it, surely the oldest living marine warrants it), make the axe swing at initiative, get rid of the stupid oogy-boogy mask of hexing, and have something that reflects his strategic nature. Sanguinor is just poop on a stick, needs an overhaul. Also saw rumours earlier that apparently Grey Knights are ahead of us in the codex queue as well... make of that what you will.

I've got 140 saved up for BA. However I still need a new rulebook (Thanks GW furious.gif ) so I was probably going to pick up whatever box set they might put out.

I'd have to see what you get for 180 before I'd commit to it.

Going by the new SW prices, for that sort of money you'll probably be able to afford the LE Codex... laugh.png Apologies, I couldn't help myself.

• 2 weeks later...

At this rate we'll rules for Heresy BA before we get 40k ones....

Dont even joke about that brother

Was furious after Forgeworld changed their original release schedule for the Heresy books (we used to be around release 4 / 5) ... Now were not even on the list yet with book 4 now looking to be a filler about Imperial Army / Legions already covered and Book 5 to begin Calth 

Why must we endure this torment

Wow, 

so, wolfies have been hit HARD with a meta-nerf-stick ....HUGE changes if the rumours pan out to be correct.  It seems Rhinos, Razors and Pods are listed under fast attack !!! 

Whether or not this means that certain units cannot get dedicated Rhinos/Razors/DPs as Troops..i dont know (i read that Pods are not available as Dedicated).

If you guys ave been playing maelstrom, then, thats the reason and it makes perfect sense.  BUT.....wow...thats such a huge change.  A little unfair considering SM have all the scoring Rhinos/Razors/Pods... but, ya...if BA go that way next O_O...its gonna be rough.  Gonna change things up HUGELY.

Archived