What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Interestingly, TDAGK have been lowered in points (now six Melta Bombs +3). Excluding special rules, the difference is +10 - i.e. the difference between a Power Weapon and a Power Fist.

I reckon our Terminators will cost around the same as the ones in Codex Space Marines, bar any minor change for our special rules (if this happens at all).

Would anyone object to the glaive Encarmines actually getting the 'glaive' rule I.e. On charge I think it's strength +1 ap2 at initiative after that strength - ap3? Obviously the need more to be more viable but that's surely a good step in the right direction?

Interestingly, TDAGK have been lowered in points (now six Melta Bombs +3). Excluding special rules, the difference is +10 - i.e. the difference between a Power Weapon and a Power Fist.

I reckon our Terminators will cost around the same as the ones in Codex Space Marines, bar any minor change for our special rules (if this happens at all).

Guard ogryn users are gonna hate this.

Guard ogryn users are gonna hate this.

If you use ogryns I think you've already decided using units you like and not units that are good. 

That definitely is fighting talk where I come from tongue.png

Ogryn's are great, they're just not 40 points per model's worth of great.

Isn't that usually the definition of a bad unit? msn-wink.gif

Very few things in the game are so bad that they are a hindrance or nuisance to the controlling player.

Very few things in the game are so bad that they are a hindrance or nuisance to the controllable player.

You've obviously not been paying attention to the B&Cs GK forum, apparently the answer is everything...

Very few things in the game are so bad that they are a hindrance or nuisance to the controlling player.

Bad and overpriced are not the same thing ;)

See also: death company with jump packs; sanguinor; dante etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres is getting too easy now we can see everyone else's codecies (whatevs) :

We will get:

all the old psychic powers, either dumbed down or at a cost of 2warp points. (guessing wings will become more like gates of infinity / orks's Ere We Go) with probably blood lance as primaris power.

McFistOn won't have Wings power, but for 40 points there will be some relic that will allow the wearer to move like jump infantry and give furious charge or +1I.

Is there such thing as a unit that is bad and underpriced?

Necron Tomb Blades?

I think what most people mean is that there are two kinds of 'bad'.

1) Bad rules.

2) Bad cost.

Most of our Chapter falls in category 2.

I don't think we really have anything that falls in category 1, except for our Chapter Traits or something.

The only thing we could consider as 'bad rules' are the Initiative-issues and the lack of JP's on some special characters.

And Honour Guard.. I really, really dislike them.

My Necrons, for example, have a lot of issues with rules.

No matter how cheap you make them, unless our SC's are 'too cheap' they still wouldn't see play because their rules are bad.

Hmm bad rules-

I'd say our captains lack of artificer armour, in the rule book astorath getting the re roll failed inv saved rules yet in the "latest update" digital version it's master crafted instead. Dante being crazy initiative and weapon un weildly also the oldest guy ever without eternal warrior, the sanguinor being ap 3, death company rhinos and dreadnoughts getting objective secured even tho the dc them selves don't get os, the current rule where Mephiston can not join a unit because of a lack of in dependant character yet can be joined by corbulo for shenanigans / abuse of the rules.

These are of the top of my head but I think there are a large amount of bad rules in our codex that do not just attribute to over costing,

If I'm honest I fully expect most of these to be sorted by the time of our release but until then we do have issues that go beyond 5th ed pricing

...I hope we get something like Blood Raven chapter tactics. ...

What Chapter Tactics are you referring to? Or did this just go over my head?

They can use their jump packs both in the movement phase and the assault phase. Reroll failed to wound rolls of hammer of wrath hits. Any model except terminators and centurions have the scout rule. They also get stealth first turn. I ally my BA with them often. 

Whoever they are, I like those tactics! Something like that could please me... Although scouts not that useful as you can't launch an assault if you did a scout move... But I'll take everything else!

Scout rule is really useful in 7th edition with tactical objectives. Super scoring rhino and tacticals moving up to an objectice right before the start and geting a victory point is a great way to win these days.

Hang on though... RG can take AsSq as troops if you take Shriek. He has infiltrate, stealth and causes fear. He can only join jump troops and they are bulky so can't get infitrate!?!?!!??!

Idiots!

Iron that out, GW, make it work,give it to us!!

Is there a new restriction in the rulebook that I've missed?  As far as I recall, being classified as Bulky has no impact on a unit's ability to Infiltrate.

Archived