What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Meh, I got mine in 2009 and still haven't got around to the building the terminators.

Wonder how many they'll print this time...

It's a 10000 pcs run for the secondary shops, 7000 have already been distrubuted by the midday yesterday, reportedly they are all out already. There's only what the GW stores will get for the 13th-29th Sep run and we're out of Space Hulk again :D

Given such a limited run, it's probably just as well that I bought the 2009 version from eBay scalpers some years ago since it sounds like the chances of getting one this time around are not great. Fortunately I didn't lose my shirt last time in any event as the guy hadn't marked it up too much (as compared to some).

I think the most important part of being an assault army is getting into assault 1st. SW have nothing to do that- the reverse infact; they will shoot bolters and plas at you and wait for the bonus when you charge them!

Furious Charge, rage, rampage and jump packs (and fnp to a degree) all help make an army an assault army and they are why I love playing BA. It suits my style, playing cat and mouse with movement And charge range, then diving in and slitting throats!!

Oh and infernus pistol gunslingers are pretty cool too, please don't drop them GW!

There is quite a lot of rage, rampage and furious charge in the sw codex now

I would hope it makes some difference to the resale value of figures. The sergeants, librarian and Claudio (claws) generally go for £15-30 on ebay. The lower end of that scale is just about acceptable for a character model like the Librarian, but he's generally much pricier.

I've managed to acquire most of the 2009 set for £5-6 per model, so it'd be nice if a new influx of figures could bring prices down on the others.

I just want the 'game'. I'd gladly sell of all the minis,  at least the BA ones, don't have quite enough 'stealers.

I'm guessing there won't be a shortage of people willing to part with the box and cardboard in case I don't get a box for myself. :) 

I've done some browsing over the blood angels codex today as well as some online lore pages. I've come to a decision on what gw will do with the New book hq wise:

Corbulo will be dropped as a model as will be flesh tearer support. They might however move it all to forgeworld which would be nice

Lemartes get a new model, he will have a codex supplement for death company perhaps a death company command squad formation

Box?

Dante is Lord of war, he grants sanguinary guard objective secured and maybe some buffs to an attached squad

Mephiston is getting a nerf make him less of an auto pick however he will gain two spells (see my note below on librarian)

Astorath will get a buff of some kind

Sanguinor will be moved to slotless if dante is taken

Generic hq's won't pay for jump packs But pay premium prices for tda

Vampiric chainswords perhaps? As a new wargear option for commanders. Allow you to heal an hq in cc one wound for say any two wounds caused in cc

Librarians will get a unique spell to themselves and the magic table will remain dropped

I feel this will be their move. Gw clearly wants to kill units with no models and leaving the flesh tearers open for abuse by keeping corbulo around is just too tempting. Gw will drop him on his hiney or move him to forgeworld with a downloadable datasheet. They might also make his datasheet a wd exclusive like the looted wagon. This obviously will enrage flesh tearer players but he has no business being in a blood angels codex and his model looks out of place. And their just isn't enough there to make a full supplement unlike death company or sang guard.

This will I feel be advantageous for blood angels players as it could make for some fun New ways to play with hq's you used to leave on the shelf or in their clamshells.

I also can pretty much guarantee you an elite slot heavy or fast attack heavy formation of some kind. The writing is on the wall.

I think also blood angels will lose sternguard but pickup vanguard veterans.

I've done some browsing over the blood angels codex today as well as some online lore pages. I've come to a decision on what gw will do with the New book hq wise:

Corbulo will be dropped as a model as will be flesh tearer support. They might however move it all to forgeworld which would be nice

Lemartes get a new model, he will have a codex supplement for death company perhaps a death company command squad formation

Box?

Dante is Lord of war, he grants sanguinary guard objective secured and maybe some buffs to an attached squad

Mephiston is getting a nerf make him less of an auto pick however he will gain two spells (see my note below on librarian)

Vampiric chainswords perhaps? As a new wargear option for commanders. Allow you to heal an hq in cc one wound for say any two wounds caused in cc

Librarians will get a unique spell to themselves and the magic table will remain dropped

I feel this will be their move. Gw clearly wants to kill units with no models and leaving the flesh tearers open for abuse by keeping corbulo around is just too tempting. Gw will drop him on his hiney or move him to forgeworld with a downloadable datasheet. They might also make his datasheet a wd exclusive like the looted wagon.

Historically, GW has never moved a unit or character over to FW, they've only ever take from FW (but apparently have a policy in place not to take things from FW anymore), so I really can't see this happening at all. Flesh Tearers will likely be a Supplement at some point as they are the most prevalent as a successor promoted by GW, but other than Chapter Master Seth and the background, they have a blank slate with which to create Flesh Tearers as a distinct tabletop force. Subsequently, any Corbulo "shenanigans" will be nothing particularly overt and he won't be included with them as he is a Blood Angel only.

Lemartes already received a new model recently and they won't be replacing it so soon, particularly as it's also an excellent sculpt. I don't honestly see a specific DC Supplement coming as it would be pretty one-dimensional, but the likelihood of a DC specific formation is pretty high.

I still think characters will pay for Jump Packs, just not at the ludicously high prices they currently sit at at compared to 7th Ed pricing for Marines generally. I also don't see why we would pay more of a premium for TDA.

With Space Wolves having received their own Psi-deck, I'm more optomistic that we may actually get our own, but there is still a chance we won't. They will have to address Wings, specifically to Mephiston, and you could see an Ezekiel style personal power as well access to other sources, but that was a 6th Ed tool and may not be repeated for 7th.

Vampiric Chainswords again are unlikely given that Glaive Encarmine's are our "signature" weapon.

I think a lot of what you're suggesting is pretty unlikely.

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic?

Our only units without a model would be the BA-Contemptor Dreadnought and Malakim Phoros, both from Forge World.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Blood-Angels-Chapter-Master-Gabriel-Seth

I don't think you understand how Supplements seem to work nowadays?

They don't really add special units, it's mostly Formations, Relics, Warlord Traits and special Detachments with rules.

I really don't agree with the idea that Dante would become our Lord of War. I'm almost willing to bet money on Sanguinor.

Mephiston is only an auto-take because he's the "least overpriced model for what he does".

Expect him to get buffed, but also expect every other HQ to be buffed more.

I don't think JP's will become free, perhaps cheaper.

With Space Hulk coming out I don't think they are really going to 'nerf' our Terminator-capability.

Vampiric Chainswords aren't needed.

We should gain more access to Glaive Encarmines and they should improve those Glaives by giving them something special.

But we are also going to receive Relics, so we can expect nice gear in that section. But I don't see any reason for that 'vampiric thing'.

Orks got new spells, Space Wolves have new spells and Grey Knights have "new" spells.

Can you give me a good reason as to why Blood Angels wouldn't gain something like that?

But we don't have units without models, so they don't have to protect any of their IP by removing the models from the Codex.I feel this will be their move. Gw clearly wants to kill units with no models and leaving the flesh tearers open for abuse by keeping corbulo around is just too tempting. Gw will drop him on his hiney or move him to forgeworld with a downloadable datasheet. They might also make his datasheet a wd exclusive like the looted wagon. This obviously will enrage flesh tearer players but he has no business being in a blood angels codex and his model looks out of place. And their just isn't enough there to make a full supplement unlike death company or sang guard.

If anything, the new Supplement WILL be about Flesh Tearers because they are just like Blood Angels but with slightly different tactics/rules which can be perfectly handled in their new supplement-tactic.

Box?

I feel this will be their move. Gw clearly wants to kill units with no models and leaving the flesh tearers open for abuse by keeping corbulo around is just too tempting. Gw will drop him on his hiney or move him to forgeworld with a downloadable datasheet. They might also make his datasheet a wd exclusive like the looted wagon. This obviously will enrage flesh tearer players but he has no business being in a blood angels codex and his model looks out of place. And their just isn't enough there to make a full supplement unlike death company or sang guard.

This will I feel be advantageous for blood angels players as it could make for some fun New ways to play with hq's you used to leave on the shelf or in their clamshells.

I also can pretty much guarantee you an elite slot heavy or fast attack heavy formation of some kind. The writing is on the wall.

I think also blood angels will lose sternguard but pickup vanguard veterans.

You sir, are a prophet indeed.

Following the release of the other three main Codicies, here is a summary of educated guesses and/or "facts" so far. Note that these have been simply obtained by cross-referencing the newer codicies with our own, I have no concrete information other than that.

• On Vehicles, Searchlights to come as standard, Storm Bolter and Extra Armour to drop by five points.
  • Rhino base cost to drop by fifteen points if no Lucifer engines. Lucifer Engines were originally costed at 15 points, so assuming the price drops our Rhinos could be anywhere between 5-15 more with these engines added.
  • Assuming Lucifer Engines are standard, our Bolterbacks and Flamerbacks will go up in price, but the alternatives should be fifteen points cheaper.
  • Deathwind Missile Launcher on the Drop Pod should drop by five points.
  • Base cost of an Attack Bike should go up by five points.
  • Land Speeders: Typhoon Missile Launcher should drop by fifteen points, Assault Cannon should drop by ten points.
  • Heavy Support Dreadnought may get rolled into a single category with the other Dreadnoughts. Base cost may drop by five points (it depends if they cost up Red Thirst - assuming it remains). Twin-linked Heavy Flamer and Missile Launcher to increase by five, Twin-linked Autocannon (Multi Melta replacement) and Extra Armour to decrease by five points. Assault Cannon and  Twin Linked Autocannon (Blood Fist replacement) will increase by ten points whilst the Twin-linked Lascannon will decrease by five points. Searchlight comes as standard.
  • Stormraven Gunship should see Locator Beacons drop by five points and Extra Armour drop by ten points. Strong case for Bloodstrike Missiles to become Stormstrike Missiles
  • Base cost of the Predator to increase by five points (if no Lucifer Engines - will be 5-15 more if they are included). Twin-linked Lascannon upgrade to drop by twenty points. Heavy Bolter Sponsons top drop by ten points, Lascannon sponsons to drop by 25 points. Searchlight added as standard.
  • Vindicator base cost to drop by twenty points if no Lucifer Engines (5-15 more if they are included). Searchlight added as standard.
  • Whirlwind base cost to drop by 25 points if no Lucifer Engines (5-15 more if they are included). Searchlight added as standard.
  • Devastator base cost to drop by twenty points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Veteran Sergeant upgrade (if we have the option) will be ten points. Additional marines at 14 points per model (p/m). Missile Launcher increase by five points, Flak missiles for ten points and Lascannons down by five points.
  • Stombolters for Sergeants to increase by two points.
  • Tactical base cost to drop by twenty points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Veteran Sergeant upgrade (if we have the option) will be ten points. Additional marines at 14 p/m. If we mimic the other chapters, then all special weapons to increase by five points, five man Tactical Squads can take a heavy or special weapon, heavy weapons will be the same cost as those for Devastators.
  • Scout base cost to drop by fifteen/twenty points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Veteran Sergeant upgrade (if we have the option) will be ten points. Additional marines at 11/12 p/m. Camp cloaks drop by one point, Heavy Bolter to drop by two, Missile Launcher to increase by five (Flak upgrade at ten points). Sniper Rifle may increase by one point depending on what template we follow. Locator Beacons may become Teleport Homers and if they do, they will decrease by fifteen points.
  • Assault base cost to drop by fifteen points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Veteran Sergeant upgrade (if we have the option) will be ten points. Additional marines at 17 p/m. If we mimic other Chapters, we may lose the option to take Razorbacks when we ditch the Jump Packs, but there are a lot of variables here (i.e. Lucifer Engines, etc). Our other options may well depend on the direction the design team take us.
  • Sternguard base cost to drop by five points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Additional marines at 22 p/m. Combi-weapons to increase by five points. Heavy Weapons costed as per Devastator entry, special weapons to be 5/10/15 for Flamer, Meltagun, Plasma Gun respectively.
  • Vanguard base cost to twenty by fifteen points (depending on what they do with Red Thirst). Additional marines at 19 p/m, Jump Packs at 3 p/m. Heroic Intervention expected to revert to current standards (i.e. no penalty for a disordered charge gold clap). No anticipated discount for the Sergeant on melee weapons, Glaive Encarmine upgrade cost unknown, possibly 15 points.
  • Terminators - Heavy Flamer to increase by five, Cyclone Missile Launchers to decrease by five, Assault Cannons to decrease by ten points.
  • Assault Terminators - unchanged.
  • Techmarines - Gain Independent Character, become FoC-less but cannot exceed the HQ choices. Servo-Harness to drop by ten points.
  • Servitors to gain their own entry, but become FoC-less at a rate of one unit per Techmarine. Base cost drop by five, Heavy Bolter and Plasma Cannon down by ten points, Multi Melta down by twenty points.
  • Chaplain base cost down by ten points.
  • Librarian base cost down by 35 points. ML2 upgrade down by 25 points.
  • Possibility of our own Psychic table, no rumours as of yet.
  • Special Issue Wargear list for Independent Characters. Auspex at five points (possible), Digital Weapons at ten points (possible), Jump Pack down by ten points, Space Marine Bike down by fifteen points. Terminator armour to cost anywhere between 25-40 points. It may vary with unit type. Terminator Combi-weapons to increase by one point.
  • Captain base cost to decrease by ten points. Artificier armour upgrade should be there for 20 points. Weapon options the same except for a Storm Shield which should decrease by ten points. Terminator upgrade at 30-40 points. If replace Power Sword, all options are the same except for a Storm Shield which should decrease by ten points. If replace Storm Bolter, Combi-weapons increase by 1 and Thunder Hammer increases by five.
  • Land Raiders are likely to lose Deep Strike. Redeemer may increase by five points depending on which template we use. No option for Dozerblades. Searchlight as standard.
  • Honour Guard cost may change, depending on how they rule/cost the Blood Chalice. Blood Champion to drop by five points. Chapter Banner may increase by anywhere from fifteen to 35 points. Weapon choices are unknown, as is the "two special weapons" trick we can do.
  • Death Company is unknown by likely to change (again).
  • Death Company Dreadnought, Furioso Dreadnought and Furioso Librarian Dreadnought has the possibility of becoming an upgrade for the base Dreadnought (and thus sharing the same FoC slot). This is debatable. Furioso Librarian Dreadnought to be either ML1/2 and hopefully, will be able to take upgrades.
  • Sanguinary Priests is unknown bar the changes to weapons, etc, that are listed above.
  • 1-2 Lord of War choices to be added, potential candidates being the Sanguinor, Dante and Mephiston.
  • A design team of 2-4 people will be working on the Codex, with Jervis Johnson heading the project.
  • Reclusiarch unknown (apart from guessing the weapon options above).
  • Special character changes unknown.
  • Sanguinary Guard changes unknown.
  • New unit(s) likely. A special character is rumoured to be re-sculpted. We're also rumoured to get some toys from C:SM.
  • Flesh Tearers are rumoured to be the Supplement.
  • Red Thirst likely to be our Chapter Tactic and due a possible change.
  • Death Mask possibly added to Chapter Relics, along with some Bolter and armour variant and 3-5 others. (Will we see a return of the Shroud of Sanguinius?). Independent Characters will have access to these.
  • Own Warlord table added.

If I get anymore, I'll add them later. Phew.

They don't need an active boost. Drop the points costs to be in line with the regular SM version, make heavy and special weapons open to units smaller than 10 men, and they'll be fine. And they didn't do anything particularly exciting in the old books outside of the 1/6 chance of running forwards at the start of the turn, like everyone else. Devastators were particularly prone to that one.

Relics and psychic powers are potentially very exciting.

Wouldn't be surprised to see dante's 'death mask of sanguinius' become a relic. Also expect to see a strikes-at-init AP2 glaive encarmine as a relic, maybe also a new kind of unique red grail for a priest. Either way the grail's function is going to change in some way. Another relic might provide deep-strike related bonuses, how about a relic jump-pack too? Argh, wishlisting kicks in!

Sanguinor should be the choice for LoW but I feel they will whack mephy with that treatment. Would just LOVE to see corbs as an HQ choice. He's pretty much auto-include for me anyway so that would free me up some points and another elite slot. *wakes up*

Relics and psychic powers are potentially very exciting.

Wouldn't be surprised to see dante's 'death mask of sanguinius' become a relic. Also expect to see a strikes-at-init AP2 glaive encarmine as a relic, maybe also a new kind of unique red grail for a priest. Either way the grail's function is going to change in some way. Another relic might provide deep-strike related bonuses, how about a relic jump-pack too? Argh, wishlisting kicks in!

Sanguinor should be the choice for LoW but I feel they will whack mephy with that treatment. Would just LOVE to see corbs as an HQ choice. He's pretty much auto-include for me anyway so that would free me up some points and another elite slot. *wakes up*

To see Corbulo become an HQ choice and regular Priests be a squad upgrade option would really open up our elite spots.  I agree with you on LOW too, I expect it to be Mephiston at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

This one came out of left-field...

Just got to end of penultimate chapter of Thousand Sons where The Wulfren are described as the last remnants of astartes on an inexorable change into wolf, full of rage and spreading death. They got cut out of space wolf dex without a trace. We've got someone similar... What if they dropped Death Co altogether!?!?

Not saying they will, but ...

Just got to end of penultimate chapter of Thousand Sons where The Wulfren are described as the last remnants of astartes on an inexorable change into wolf, full of rage and spreading death. They got cut out of space wolf dex without a trace. We've got someone similar... What if they dropped Death Co altogether!?!?

Not a chance. We have a whole range of models, characters and tomes of fluff covering death company. Wulfen was just a little piece of information in the fluff from the third edition and thats it. They produced models for them during the 13th black crusade universal campaign and now the models are out of production. I can get into a bet with anyone here that there will be a death company formation. It is just going to happen. That's how GW operates these days.

Wulfen weren't dropped from the Space Wolves codex, they've never been in one.  They were only in the Eye of Terror list for the 13th Company from over a decade ago, and haven't been included in an army list as a unit choice since.

The Mark of the Wulfen upgrade option that was common in most units of the 5e Space Wolves codex was dropped in the 7e version, but it was just an upgrade option for a single model in various units.  They didn't actually drop any whole units of anything that I can think of.

Death Company are more than safe.

V

Archived