What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

We should probably have seen it about a month ago. The lack of any solid rumors or preorders likely means it will be some time yet before it drops. 

I'm tracking a December release.  Unusual, but there you have it.

V

Another thing I'm hoping for? I'd love for our techmarines to gain the Independent Character USR so I can finally use them in their support role. I totally get why we don't have masters of the forge and thunderfire cannons. That's cool. But I feel like techmarines are totally useless as they are now.

Another thing I'm hoping for? I'd love for our techmarines to gain the Independent Character USR so I can finally use them in their support role. I totally get why we don't have masters of the forge and thunderfire cannons. That's cool. But I feel like techmarines are totally useless as they are now.

Agreed. It would also be awesome if taking a Tech Marine unlocked a Storm Raven as a Dedicated Transport.

Agreed. It would also be awesome if taking a Tech Marine unlocked a Storm Raven as a Dedicated Transport.

That's be plenty cool, too. But really, all I'm hoping for is that they become even remotely useful.

I would really appreciate any reason to paint my kitbashed Bolter wielding techmarine..

And I'd like a chance to use the techmarine that was originally part of my Exorcists army (all I had to do was repaint the one arm, so I kept him when I traded away the rest of the models).

I wonder if the cover of the new Lemartes: Guardians of the Lost is the cover for our Codex? Someone over on Faeit 212 said they saw it briefly on the Games Workshop website and that it was a figure surrounded by fire, but was difficult to make out because it had the sold out logo over it. I was bored and I mocked this up in Photoshop. It looks kinda cool, but I have my doubts that it's it. Thoughts?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VUH28zPy-F8/VD8g2vtUW0I/AAAAAAAABGQ/wGRNA6Bv2KE/s1600/IsThisTheBloodAngelsCover.jpg

I think that looks ED-ZACHARY like a new hard back dex! Single figure ready to be embossed so his rubbish anatomy (drawing of) gets over looked! I wouldn't be surprised if it were cropped a little closer though- see space wolves.

The thirst shouldn't be only be reflected by positive rules, hence why randomness is necessary. It is supposed to represent the blood angels biggest flaw/weakness.

I'm fine with random mechanics provided it's something easy to adjudicate. The problem is that GW always comes to the "let's add another chart" decision. It's lazy design and charts are cumbersome. Secondly, not everything that's in the fluff needs to translate into the rules and there are definitely ways Red Thirst could be accomplished without using some sort of random mechanic.

Hardback dex are cumbersome! You HAVE to use two hands, and some table space, to look anything up! I'm bored of them already. Keep your fancy embossing, give us sommat we can WIELD!

Personally I like the hardback books as they are more durable. Try as I might to look after the softback book it does take damage easier :(

The ebooks are OK I guess, but it depends on the format and size. Scrolling through over 100 pages is annoying (I know there's a search function but in the absence of a contents/index page...)

In my opinion:

A softback is

• STR: user, AP3,

A hardback is

• STR +1, AP2, Unwieldy

A eBook is

• STR -1, AP4

Off topic, but I preferred the soft back books, because I could take them to my local FEDEX/Kinkos and get them spiral bound.  Once bound like that, then I could open to any page and fold over, and it would stay open to the page where I wanted it.  Very, very, handy.

V

Off topic, but I preferred the soft back books, because I could take them to my local FEDEX/Kinkos and get them spiral bound.  Once bound like that, then I could open to any page and fold over, and it would stay open to the page where I wanted it.  Very, very, handy.

V

Just do the same with the e-pub edition?

V

FWIW, that's a lot more expensive. Turning a softcover book into a spiral bound book, even with relaminating the front and back covers, is apparently only $30ish, but printing that many pages, then binding them is - IIRC - up to $100.

V

FWIW, that's a lot more expensive. Turning a softcover book into a spiral bound book, even with relaminating the front and back covers, is apparently only $30ish, but printing that many pages, then binding them is - IIRC - up to $100.

Why not do it with the hardcovers then? I have several cookbooks that are spiral bound hardcovers.

V

Why not do it with the hardcovers then? I have several cookbooks that are spiral bound hardcovers.

No reason why not to that I can see.

V

I'm guessing they probably came that way though, right?  I don't think the binder at Kinkos can handle taking one of our current hardcovers and doing what we were able to do in past.

I'm guessing they probably came that way though, right?  I don't think the binder at Kinkos can handle taking one of our current hardcovers and doing what we were able to do in past.

I don't know what the difference is. Aren't the hardcovers and the softcovers smyth sewn bound? 

Archived